Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Silver and Cold

This Dance Of Misery

by Cerediwen 2 reviews

A little insight into Melaina's past

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-01-22 - Updated: 2007-01-22 - 786 words

0Unrated
A/N: Right now you've had you burst of what I suppose is happiness it's gonna get all depressing again...but you're gonna find out something abut Melaina and why she hates him so much... Oh and My Chemical Romance's new songs on Famous Last Words are AMAZING (and no kidding)!!!! ANd so you got a longer chapter last time so please don't yell at me cos this one's shorter.
Disclaimer: Me don't own...sadly...

Chapter 22
This Dance of Misery

It was a pregnancy test...nothing big...nothing huge and she was likely to be wrong anyway...at least that's what her mind was trying to tell her. But in the depths of Melaina's heart she knew even testing was pointless, she was pregnant and would have to go through all the pains her friends and family had always warned her about...through the pain that her took her mother. She bit her lip as she waited for the indicator to change colour and properly define her fate. Closing her eyes she paced the bath room slowly, the tiles cold to her bare feet as her jeans dragged on the wet floor. She opened her eyes exactly a minute later and you didn't need to be told to know she'd been counting. Glancing over to where the indicator lay on the side of sink she gulped as she stared at the sky blue colour it had turned. Her hand almost instinctively went to her stomach where the tiny little embryo was forming. Letting out a sigh of frustration she sunk down to the frozen floor as tears began to stream down her own face as she remembered her mother's own death as she had tried to deliver her second child...

~~~~~~~

Melaina had been exactly four years old the day her mother had died. Her mom's best friend had taken her to the hospital to see Mary Walker but she'd gone into labour before they'd reached the hospital. Melaina's father had died less than 5 months before in a car crash which had taken his and the other drivers lives. She had been told to sit outside the delivery room on the hard, cold blue plastic chairs until one of the rosy cheeked and bubbly nurses came to fetch her. Melaina had always been an obedient child but for that once she wasn't and in a bid to get closer to her mother had stood with her ear pressed against the plastic swing doors and listened to her mother's swearing and gasps of agony as she tried to deliver the baby. She'd heard the moment her mother had breathed her last and had heard her dying words but they were treasured in her heart for no one to ever hear uttered again. When she got a little older her mother's best friend had told her that the doctors thought she'd given up when they lost the little baby boy and that was when she died but Melaina had always refused to believe it, trusting the fact her mother had loved her more than that. The little boy and her mother were buried in Newark Cemetery under the spread of a twisted oak and she'd spent so many days and months just sitting on the park bench and talking to them quietly, filling in the hours with her drawings and her sketches. The older children at the Home had used to ignore her and leave her alone; she scared them with her pale, goth like completion and the warped and twisted paintings that could have come straight from a Tim Burton film but instead littered her walls and her floor. She had never cared and for the whole of her life she'd adored to be alone, sinking deeper and deeper into her games and her fantasies where her mother was still there for her. And then she met Gerard Way, who lived in a world so far away but so similar to hers and he turned her life upside down.

~~~~~~~*~

So as she sits there on the bathroom floor and a tear begins to wind its way down her cheek out of the rush of memories that are flooding back to her and because she is so afraid...she is so very afraid she begins to make her decisions deep in the confines of her mind and with those decisions a hate is rising - a hate that should never have really come into existence for the man who met everything and more than life alone to her because as well as the baby growing deep inside her with it the hate was growing and as time went by it would consume her and everything around her one last time.

~~~~~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story