Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Red Planet - Part Four: City of the Red Tower

The Torch is Lit

by siriusfanatic 0 reviews

Stoker unleashes the might of the Freedom Fighters against the in-coming Plutarkians!

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-01-23 - Updated: 2007-01-23 - 1527 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three: "The Torch is Lit"

That night, a least four dozen people showed up at the hotel asking for Stoker and Lucas. A recruitment drive was soon underway. Some of the owners of a local Gun Store stopped in and the gang brought over half their inventory. Stoker was almost in paradise with the way this was going.
Jessie, Throttle, Modo, Vinnie, and Alexis, however were all spending their time sprucing up their new motorcycles. Rose was busy cleaning up after dinner, and Relena spent her time sitting by the window, staring outside as the sun set and darkness crept over the world.
The air that night was heated with passion. Stoker could feel it as he walked along the parking lot. His fur bristled and his antenna buzzed as if there was a sort electricity in the air. Tonight was not going to be a quiet night, this he knew.
"Stoke, you okay?" asked Cody, coming over to join him.
"I don't know, Cody. Something's up."
Cody laughed. "You're telling me. You were brilliant up there today, bro. All this Freedom Fighter stuff is really helping me score! I've got two hot blondes up in my room, just waiting for me. You wanna join me?"
Stoker smiled. "'Nother time, I'm afraid."
"Yeah, I guess you've got that whole Tawny thing going on. So, what exactly are you guys anyway? A couple? Friends? Fuck-buddies?"
"I'm not sure of that, Cody. But when I figure it out, I'll let you know."
Just then, a wild explosion shattered the air. The night sky ripped apart as thunderous burst of power lit up the city. Fire balls roared above and the air raid sirens went off, screeching into the night.
"Hit the deck!" yelled Stoker, jumping onto Cody, slamming them into the pavement. There was a huge explosion above their heads.
"It's an air raid! Get back into the hotel!"
The pair rushed towards the hotel as more explosions danced across the star-struck sky. Ash fell to the ground. Stoker looked around watched as lights went out all over the skyline. The night sky was then lit aflame by another series of explosions as the city erupted in panic around them.
And then Stoker saw them. Gigantic fish-like ships circling the city, opening fire on the capital of Mars. He also saw something else. The easiest target--Red Tower--was not even being scratched. The targets were totally random, and nothing like the usual Plutarkian way of doing things.
The sound of Martian jets came from above and they opened fire on the Plutarkian airships. More explosions were heard as the dogfight continued on between the two forces. As one of the Plutarkian ships exploded, Stoker realized that this fight was not real.
The Plutarkian airships were far superior than Martian jets, yet they were falling like flies. How was it that the Martians were able to out-maneuver and out-gun the Plutarkians?
And then it occurred to him. They weren't. Stoker started to laugh.
"Bro, you okay? What's so frickin funny?!" Cody gasped next to him, wondering if Stoker hadn't simply cracked under stress.
"This! Cody, do you know what it is?"
"A dog fight?!" Cody screamed, covering his ears and the explosions threatened to deafen him.
"No! It's a ruse! The Plutarkians are letting the Martian Air Force win so that they can show us up. So that people lose faith in the Freedom Fighter movement, so that we lose members and dwindle down to like, eight people. Quite brilliant, really."
Cody nodded and smiled. "So, what are we going to do about it?"
"Oh, I've got a few ideas. Do me a favor and gather everyone up. It's time to do some heavy-fighting."
"We're going after the mountain, aren't we?"
Stoker nodded as the last Plutarkian ship was driven away. "Oh yes."

*

Gathered in a hotel room, Lucas, Stoker, Cody, Tawny and a few others looked at a map of the region.
"According to what we've seen, the base is at the top of the mountain. There are only two roads going up this mountain and it's best if we are anywhere but on them. They'll be watching those roads very closely." Stoker explained.
"We'll attack in two waves. One team, my team, will be attacking from the West. I want seventy-five men to accompany me. We'll open attack at 5:15 AM. At 5:50 AM, Lucas, you and the rest of the Freedom Fighters will launch your attack from the south." Stoker smiled. "Whomever reaches the top first, wins!"
"Stoke, you realize just how well armed this place is right?" Questioned Cody.
"Well aware of it, Cody. But we don't have a choice. We'll leave fifty men here. Alright, I want everyone we can spare in bed. Everyone needs to be rested."
"What do we do?" Throttled asked suddenly from the corner where he stood with his bros. For a moment, Stoker was tempted to ask them to come, but realized just how much of a big mistake that would be.
"Jessie, you and Alexis go to every vending machine and empty it. Take them to the lobby and put together ration kits for a hundred and fifty people. Bros, you watch the doors, I don't want anyone in or out tonight."
"Good thing the manger's a big supporter, huh?" Modo said with a smile.
"Yeah. Now get moving, bros. This is important. If there's any trouble let me know. Cody, you and Tawny take inventory of the weapons we've rounded up and start passing them out. Everyone needs at least two grenades, a gun, and whatever else you can drum up, knives, hammers, whatever! Get going!"
The room emptied, leaving only Stoker and Lucas. "You're not getting any sleep tonight, are you?"
"No. I guess I'm not. But is that much of a surprise?"
"I suppose not."
Stoker looked at his friend earnestly. "Lucas, I wanted to thank you."
"Oh?"
"Yeah. I want to thank you for everything you've done. I couldn't have done it without you, you know. And if something happens tomorrow, to me or you, I just wanted you to know that."
"Ah, hell, Stoke..." The two hugged. "Nothing is gonna happen tomorrow with the exception of we are so gonna kick ass."
"Don't you know it!"
There was a sudden knock on the door and Rose appeared. Stoker beckoned her in. "You wanted to see me, Stoker?"
"Yeah, Rosie. I need your help with a little project of mine..."

*

Stoker spent his time in the bedroom, praying, rechecking his vest for weapons and the like. The door opened just a bit and Stoker looked back to see Tawny step in. He smiled at her.
"Are you ready?" she asked.
He laughed. "You ask that like I'm going out for milk. But I suppose I'm ready as I ever can be. I guess."
Tawny walked over to him and kissed his cheek. "What's wrong?"
"I don't know. I guess I'm just feeling like maybe I'm doing the wrong thin. Tawny, people are going to die today. I guarantee it. I...I don't know if I want that on my soul. Can I lead this?"
"If you don't, Stoke, then what happened to your wife and daughter will happen to countless other's out there. They know what's going to happen, Stoker, and they're ready to face it. And they are ready to face it under you command."
Stoker nodded. "Right. Okay, then. Let's go."
Stoker walked out of his room and down the stairs to the lobby, where he met with Throttle, Modo, Vinnie, and the others.
"We wanted to wish you luck," said Throttle.
Stoker smiled at him. "Thanks bros. Come on."
The group walked outside to the parking lot and that's where Stoker stopped dead in his heels. Nearly two hundred Freedom Fighters stood, lined up. As soon as he came out, they snapped to attention and saluted. Stoker grinned, then grunted.
"Are you ready to fight?!" he asked of them.
"Sir, yes sir!"
"Drop the salutes, then. And don't bother standing up straight, either. This isn't the military and I'm not your leader. I'm your brother who just happens to be in command. Got that?"
Smiles and nods all around.
"Good. Now, everyone saddle up. Leave your headlights off, and follow two things."
He pulled out a torch and sparked it on. Cody then lifted up the Martian flag while Rose handed Lucas something. He attached it to the flagpole. It was a smaller flag, hand-sown by Rose. The Flag itself was red like the Martian flag, but instead of the world-wide symbol of the black star in the white circle, it was a Mouse head with two letter F's flanking either side of it like wings in yellow and green.
"This is our symbol. Martian freedom. We're the ones fighting for it. So let's do it! IT'S TAIL WHIPPIN TIME!"
And so, before the hours of sunrise, the Martian Freedom Fighters pulled out of the parking lot and made their way down the streets of Brimstone, guided by the Martian flag, the Freedom Fighter flag, and the torch that shone the path.
Sign up to rate and review this story