Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > One More Night & One More Toy

Black and Bruised

by Cucumber 6 reviews

Judging by the looks of their faces I should get out of there, fast. I seriously thought we were past this high school shit and drama.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-24 - 1055 words

2Ambiance
Chapter 5
Oh Fuck. Pete got up and wiped his mouth with his sleeve.

"What's up George?"

He was furious. I couldn't see the big deal, we're all adults.

"George..."

"Go home Tara, I have something I need to discuss with my friend here."

This was not good, not good at all. I stood up and looked at the two of them. Judging by the looks of their faces I should get out of there, fast. I seriously thought we were past this high school shit and drama.

I nearly ran home, not looking anywhere else then straight ahead. I was really afraid of the darkness; god knows what's hiding in those woods. I was out of breath once I reached home and had to stop to catch it before I faced my mom.

"Is everything alright? Where are the boys?"

She looked up when she saw me come in.

"Everything's cool, the boys are out in the woods."

She nodded and I darted to my bedroom. Is it weird that I can still feel his lips on mine? I lay in my bed, daydreaming and fantasizing when George barged in. He stood by the foot of the bed and stared at me.

"What were you thinking?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, you! I can't see anyone else here."

Okay, lesson one: never argue with an angry George. It just makes things a lot more difficult and violent.

"You mean what was I thinking when I kissed Pete? I thought why he hadn't done this sooner!"

He glared at me.

"I tried my best to keep you two apart. You two aren't compatible!"

"What do you mean?"

"He'll break your heart, he breaks everyone's hearts. He's not worthy of you!"

"You know you're talking about your best friend, right?"

"Yeah, but that still doesn't mean that I can't think of my little sister and what is best for her!"

"George, I'm 25! I can make my own decisions."

"Not like they have been so great so far."

That hurt, that hurt a lot. He sat down on the bed.

"Look, Tara. You're my little sister and he's my best friend. I would have paired the two of you together if I knew it would work out."

"What's so bad with me making my own mistakes? To figure out if you're wrong or if you're right?"

He sighed.

"I'm just looking out for you, okay. I would hate to say I told you so, and you're not getting my blessing."

So he was kind of giving his permission. I smiled, I knew he didn't like the idea of his best friend having "fun" with his little sister, but there are some things you just have to live with.

So I spent the reminder of the day in my bedroom. George hadn't exactly been happy when I told him I wanted to make my own mistakes and try to see how things went between Pete and me.

When I got down to dinner Pete and George were sat opposite each other, the tension thick enough to cut it. Mom seemed oblivious to it though, she sung some tune to herself while she carried the food to the table. I sat down next to Pete since dad was sitting next to George. Pete turned his face to me when I sat down and I saw black-eye forming on his face. I gasped.

"It's horrible, isn't it? I keep telling them to be more careful in the woods, but do they listen?"

Mom shook her head. There was no way he could've gotten that just by falling down and according to the smirk on George's face that was not what happened. The dinner was eaten in an awkward silence. Pete left the table first and was later followed by George. I excused myself, grabbed a bag of ice from the fridge and made my way to the guest room that had become Pete's in the past weeks.

He was lying in the bed, tossing a ball into the air. He stopped when he saw me.

"I never thought he'd be able to hit you."

"It was expected, he's looking out for you."

I sat on the bed next to him and put the ice on his eye. He winched when the ice touched his sore eye.

"But why is he so worried? Is there something that I should know about you but I don't?"

He closed his eyes and sighed. He bit his lips and looked at me.

"There are lots of things that people don't know about me, things that I've only told George or things that I haven't told anyone."

"Just one question, does involve another girl?"

"No, and I'm not gay, so you don't have to worry about that. It's more just mental stuff. It takes more then just one night to explain that all."

He patted on the bed next to him and I lay down.

"I'll tell you everything you need to know, just not now. Okay?"

I nodded. I was really curious, but I couldn't push him because then I'd never know anything. He turned his head so he could face me and a smile played on his lips.

"But are you really willing to take a chance with me?"

I turned my body so it was facing him.

"Yeah, I spent the last 5 years with a gay boyfriend. I think I should be able to handle you."

"You sure?"

"Unless your big secret is you being a vampire and are going to drag me into it."

He smiled and brushed hair from my face.

"So you don't have a vampire fetish?"

I shook my head.

"No, I'm scared of them."

He laughed softly. His hand rested on my cheek as he moved his face closer to mine. I closed my eyes a second before his lips crashed with mine. That man knows how to kiss! I moved my hand to caress his cheek but he flinched and broke the kiss.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry! I completely forgot!"

"It's okay, I had kind of forgotten about it too."

He smiled.

"I'm going to go to my room. I don't want George to kill you or anything."

He nodded and sat up too.

"Good night Tara."

He kissed me lightly on the lips before I exited his bedroom.
Sign up to rate and review this story