Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Little More Touch Me

5. Meet and greet

by riaryder 13 reviews

The obligatory 'meet the friends' chapter :-)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-25 - 1254 words - Complete

5Funny

5. Joe

I nervously checked my watch for the tenth time in as many minutes. She was late. Doubt started to creep into my mind.

"She's not coming," I thought to myself. Damn, I was gonna look stupid. Maybe inviting her to band practice on our second date wasn't such a great idea. She was bound to hate the thought of meeting my friends when we barely even knew each other. And telling the guys I had invited her certainly wasn't a great idea if she wasn't going to show.

"Dude, are you even listening to me?" Pete interrupted my thoughts.

"Uh, what? Sorry, man. I was miles away." I mumbled, snapping back to reality.

"Aw, Joey's in love," Andy goaded me from behind his drum kit, making kissing noises. "So where's this amazing chick, man? She stood you up?" Andy snickered.

"She's only ten minutes late. She'll be here," I retorted with conviction. Even though I didn't feel any.

"Where the hell did you meet this girl anyway?" Pete eyed me suspiciously.

Shit. I was hoping none of them would ask. I had dragged all of them to the club where she dances at some point. But I didn't know how she would feel about me telling them she was a pole dancer. I knew Patrick wouldn't recognise her. He had spent the whole night we were there hiding under his hat in embarrassment. Andy had flirted with the waitress in the leopard print bikini, paying no attention to the stage while she was on. So I doubted he would know her. But Pete. He was a tricky one. He had got up close and personal with the dollar bills, but he had been pretty hammered. I decided to take my chances.

"Uh, I met her in a club," I shrugged. Not a lie. I would let her decide if she wanted to come clean.

"Musta been dark if she went for you, Joseph " Andy joked, winking at me.

"Do they let guide dogs in clubs nowadays?" Pete added through his laughter. "Chick must be blind," he muttered.

I flipped both of them off.

"Can we just play?" I was tired of the jokes. And I needed to take my mind off Megan's absence.

We were halfway through our second song when she came flying through the door, pink-cheeked and totally out of breath. She threw me an apologetic smile and collapsed on a chair at a near by table. She watched me intently as I tried to keep playing. But my attention wasn't on my guitar anymore. It was all hers.

I missed three key changes in a row. I pulled my eyes off her, throwing a glance in Pete's direction. He was smirking over at me.

"Nice," he mouthed, nodding in approval.

Patrick was scowling at me from beside his microphone. Jeez, that dude took it seriously. What's three fucking mistakes? Oh wait, now that's four. Oh, no, that's........ah screw it, I was fucking lost.

They all abruptly stopped playing.

"Uh, earth to Joe?" Patrick said, sarcastically. "That," he said, pointing to my guitar "is a guitar. Remember how to play one of those?"

I rolled my eyes at him, embarrassed as hell to have messed up in front of Megan.

"Is your mind elsewhere Joe?" Andy stage whispered. "I wonder what could possibly be distracting you?"

My face must have been scarlet. I sneaked a glance at Megan , and was relieved to see she was giggling.

"Take a break, guys," Patrick sighed heavily.

I gratefully laid down my guitar, heading for Megan's table.

"I'm so sorry I was late. Got stuck with some asshole at study group," she explained as she got to her feet. She leaned over and kissed me quickly on the lips. I was pleasantly surprised by her forwardness. From the corner of my eye, I saw Pete raise his eyebrows at Andy as we kissed.

"Hey, don't worry, just glad you're here," I smiled at her. "Come meet the guys."

"That's Andy," I pointed to him behind his kit. He shouted a greeting back. "And the guy with the stick up his ass is Patrick," I gave him a fake smile. He tried to look annoyed. It lasted all of three seconds, before he giggled like a girl and strode forward to say hi.

"Don't joke with'Trick where music's concerned," Pete put on a fake stern voice, causing Patrick to blush.

"Sorry 'bout that. I don't like mistakes," Patrick laughed. "I'm not always such an ass." Megan laughed lightly at him.

"And I am Pete," Pete cut in, taking Megan's hand and kissing it.

"So clearly you're the one who's usually an ass," Megan dead panned as he released her hand. He looked up at her in shock. Until she started to laugh. A relieved smile crossed his lips.

It quickly turned to a puzzled expression. "You look kind of familiar. Have we met?" He studied her face.

She smirked at me. "Uh, we haven't met, no," she replied. Strictly speaking that wasn't a lie either.

"Oh, I thought that maybe we had like, dated or....something." he shook his head.

He looked more than a little taken aback when she snorted with laughter at that. I had to duck my head to disguise my laughter.

"Well you must date real special girls if they're that memorable," she joked, nudging him. He couldn't help but laugh in reply to that.

"I'm just going to the bathroom. Then I think you promised me dinner," she laid a hand on my chest and looked up at me. Heat rushed through my body. "Give you all a chance to talk about me while I'm gone," she threw over her shoulder as she walked away.

I watched her as she strolled to the bathroom. Her ass was amazing in those jeans. As I turned back, I noticed Pete and Andy's eyes were rooted in the same spot.

"Hey," I protested. "Eyes off. I saw her first."

"Just appreciating the view, Joseph," Andy nodded admiringly.

"Well?" I asked as soon as she was through the door.

"Mm, she seems nice. And smart enough to handle Casanova here," Patrick punched Pete in the arm.

"Never try and smooth talk a lawyer, Petey," I smirked.

Pete chose to ignore us.

I looked expectantly at Andy.

"What can I say, Joe? Nice ass, cute, smart," he paused. "I give it two weeks before she realises what a total dork you are." The three of them cracked up laughing

They were lucky they were my best friends or I might have hurt them.

"Jealous?" I grinned smugly.

They were still laughing when Megan returned.

"Hey, what's so funny?" she asked as she sat down.

"Ah, we took your advice. We talked about you while you were in the bathroom," Pete replied. "So we couldn't possibly tell you."

"Ah, boys secrets. I probably don't want to know," she laughed. "Oh, by the way, my flatmates and I are having a little party on Sunday. A few, uh, workmates. It's usually fun. You're all welcome," she threw me a knowing grin.

She went to collect her bag from the floor. Pete leaned in to me, out of her earshot.

"A lawyer party? Woo, sounds like fun," his voice dripped sarcasm.

I had to stifle a laugh.

"You might be pleasantly surprised," was all I said as I stood to leave.

I could warn him about Megan's hot 'workmates'. But toying with him would be too much fun.
Sign up to rate and review this story