Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Still So Young, Desperate For Attention

Spencer's Chapter of Hair

by alyssaatthedisco 3 reviews

Not too much going on. Just a little filler chapter sort of. Unfortantely. I would have liked to do more. But enjoy, I hope you like it.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-25 - 1259 words

1Original
A/N: Weeeheee Ninth Chappie So, I was for some reason, extremely out of it with the last chapter, because not only did I reread it and find some continuity when it comes to her shirt, but I also realised (as you might have too if you read the chapter about the day after I posted) that I also used the wrong name in the title. At first, I entitled it "Spencer's Chapter of Songs" which didn't make any sense because Spencer was barely in this chapter at all. It was meant to be "Jon's Chapter of Songs" which I hastily changed it to afterwards. Okay, I also need to quickly add that JEFF BUTTLE JUST WON THE CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS Woo Well.. He came in first which means he's on the team, but it's like winning.. I suppose. Anyway..

**************************

After nearly an hour and a half of straight teasing because of Jon's little "slip" (he claims) of her liking the Backstreet Boys, they had finally settled into a lull. Jon was updating the website with photos and a blog, Brendon was talking on his cell phone to his friend back in Vegas, Ryan was now strumming on his guitar, trying to find a melody for his new song and Spencer and Amelié were talking about hair. Amelié had asked him about how soft his hair was and he launched into a conversation about hair with her. Somehow, it got turned over to drums and then that was a sensible lead into Spencer's life.

"I remember there was this one time, Ryan and I..." the comment that followed was half drowned out by a sudden outburst from Ryan's guitar, but Amelié managed to hear it anyway. It had something to do with Ryan, Spencer, a tube of ruby red lipstick and a green dress in just Ryan's size. As immensely curious as she was, Amelié decided to leave that for a later date. Although ,if anyone had any right to tease, it would be her because of the long hour and a bit of it she had just endured.

As if there was a natural lead into the next section of the conversation, Spencer crossed his legs and asked her what was probably the most random question of the evening.

"I noticed you read a lot, what types of books and genres do you like best?" She blinked once or twice and took a second to answer.

"I definitely like classical literature. You know, like the Brontë sisters and Jane Austen, but also Ernest Hemingway, all types of classical literature. I also like historical types of books. Like 'Hitler's Willing Executioners' and 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' by Hemingway. It's about the Spanish Civil War." She started on a rant about all of the amazing books she'd read, Spencer smiling at how nerdy she was. Although, he thought it quite became her. He knew she was smart, he just didn't know what kind of smart, and now he did. It was the kind of smart that would do really well on Jeopardy- especially in the English and History categories. He made a mental note to watch the show with her sometime. She was still going on about Shakespeare at the moment and reciting her most favorite quotes and soliloquies when Brendon started listening in as he was put on hold.

"Elly, you are such a nerd " He laughed, shaking his head.

"And thus, conscience does make cowards of us all and thu-" Stops after that comment, blushing furiously. She looked down at her feet, embarrassed that she let herself go on so long about herself.

"Aww, Bren, that was mean " Spencer defended. "I was really interested " He turned back to Amelié. "Go ahead, keep going." She was still blushing.

"Actually, it's okay. I was nearly at the end anyway. It's getting late. I should probably go and get ready for bed." She thought quickly as she looked at her watch and got up, moving passed the group towards the bunks.

"El, wait, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. It was just so unexpected. That's the most I've ever heard you talk and it was all about literature. It was cute." Brendon tried to redeem himself, but it was no use.

"Sorry. I know, sometimes I get a little carried away. It won't happen again."She continued toward the bunks as she talked and rolled over her sore ankle from yesterday. She managed to just barely cling to Ryan's head so that she didn't fall. Spencer immediately moved to help her.

"Are you okay?" He asked, taking her arm to steady her. She patted down Ryan's faux hawk as he turned to see if she was alright.

"I'm fine. Sorry about that Ryan. You're head happened to be the closest thing." He laughed.

"It's okay. It wasn't like it was anything valuable." He joked. Brendon was back to talking on the phone and didn't take any notice of the whole situation. Spencer helped her into the bunks and managed to catch a glimpse of her ankle, which was quite swollen.

"Elly, what happened to your ankle?" He gently picked it up in his hand to examine it closer, rotating it slightly. In actually, it looked a little worse than it felt.

"Oh that happened last night. It's nothing major. I probably just jarred it. The most it could be is a small sprain." She pulled her pyjama's out from under her pillow and he got the hint.

"Alright, you change, I'll go get you some ice for that ankle." He left the room, closing the door and let her be to change into her pyjamas. Spencer walked through the rec room consisting of Brendon, Jon and Ryan and went into the kitchen to put some ice in a ziploc bag and wrap a towel around it.

"Did she hurt her ankle that badly when she fell?" Jon asked over the top of his computer.

"Apparently this is from last night. I don't remember seeing her fall but that's what she said." He started to walk back towards them and passed Brendon who was off the phone now.

"I really hurt her that badly?" Brendon asked, a really guilty look on his face. "I didn't manage the jump. She slipped out of my hands and rolled over her ankle. It's my fault."

"Bren it isn't your fault, she doesn't seem very mad at you." Spencer tried to reason.

"No, but it's still my fault." Brendon said stubbornly. Spencer shrugged his shoulder and walked back to the door, knockly softly.

"El, are you done changing?" He called. He heard a tired sounding agreement and opened the door to enter. "Here you go." He found her lying down in her bunk and sat down beside her, lifting up the blanket and putting the bag of ice on her ankle.

"Oh! that's cold." She started a little, but soon relaxed again. He smiled warmly at her.

"Okay, you look incredibly tired. So I'll leave you to get some rest. If you need anything just holler." He got up off the bed and headed for the door.

"Spence?" She asked, half asleep already.

"Hmm?" He turned back to look at her.

"Don't forget you were going to teach me how to play the drums." She smiled. He laughed.

"Of course. You're first lesson is tomorrow. Be there or be square."

**************************
A/N:Sorry that was so short, I'll make up for the lost Spencerness in another chapter, I just wasn't feeling this one. Sorry!
Sign up to rate and review this story