Categories > Original > Drama > On the Outside Looking In

Chapter 10- A White Light

by Lizzerriffic2137 0 reviews

first chapter of my first story! HI ELENA!

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-01-28 - Updated: 2007-01-28 - 405 words

0Unrated
Chapter 10

"Wow you look like you just had a mud bath!"
I humored Flowers and laughed sarcastically.
"Yea kinda... the bus... left without me and splattered mud on my favorite shirt and-"
"Oh! Don't worry Leonard- I mean Lenny! I always carry an extra set of clothes just in case."
Wow, Mr. Flores really outdid himself this time. He had a pair of designer jeans that were too big, with a huge tear in the knee. His sweater was faded with the Bullz Eye band logo on it.It looked like he had worn it when he was my age.
"You can keep it if you want, I don't really like that outfit. I use it when I paint or when I know I'm going to get dirty."
"You liked them?"
"Go run in the deli and change in the bathroom! We'll talk on the bus."
I ran across the street and changed. The clothes were a little big on me, but I like them a little baggy anyways.
I looked at my watch. It was 5 after. 10 more minutes until the bus left. I debated whether I should run home or not, but it would probably take me like a half an hour to get there. I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend a whole bus ride with Mr. Flores, but it seemed like it may be sorta interesting anyways. So, I decided to give it a shot.
I nearly got hit by a car when I ran across the street since I was too busy thinking of if I should go on the bus. The young man driving beeped and screamed out the window at me. Right then, I really didn't care. So I just kept on walking like nothing happened. Just when the guy was about to get out of the car I yelled back
"Gosh man, gimme a break! I was crossing on the crosswalk when there was a red light! Cars are supposed to go on the green one!"
"Watch it kid!"
With that he raced away, but on the green light this time.
I saw the bus pull in. I looked at my watch. It was only 6:10! This is impossible! Not two in a row! I screamed to the bus driver and Flowers. I sprinted toward the bus like my very life depended on it. Just then I saw two bright head lights. And then, I didn't see anything.
Sign up to rate and review this story