Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby Seasons Change But People Dont [[Dont Pretend You Ever Forgot About Me]]

I'm A Coward, Not A Fighter, Disguisted As A Lover

by xxlaurenxx 8 reviews

When Pete returns to Chicago after touring, he'll realize what he really left behind

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2007-01-29 - Updated: 2007-01-29 - 1205 words

2Ambiance
ello lovelys;
i loved the coments from last chapter
they made me smile =]
please keep it up









His eyes immediately widened as the skin on his face began to turn red. His expression showed that of fear, and was somewhat angry. He walked over to the chair that nearly fell back onto it in shock. He cupped his face in his hands as I watched without taking my eyes off of him once. Exhaling quickly he began to speak, "Why the hell didn't you tell me about this?" he took a pause, seemly calm, but then stood up quickly out of no where, "You fucking kept my own fucking kid a secret from me!" he screamed angrily.

"You honestly think that I would keep your own child from you?" I yelled back in shock. "Despite how big of an ass hole you are, you deserved to know. I tried to call.... So many times, but you refused to answer." I took a pause as I myself sat down on a chair and cupped my face in my hands, confused as to why I was feeling guilty about any of this. "I gave up on trying to tell you a long time ago."

"I was busy.... You should have known that", Pete said, like his typical self, trying to turn all the blame onto me. "I was own tour, and busy with the band. We were making the album. You could have flown out, or.... written the label. Made them tell me. At least made an effort"

"If I had flown out you probably would have refused to see me. If I wrote I would have ruined your career; headlines all over 'Pete Wentz's secret child', I can just see it now." I stopped, taking a pause. "There was no fucking excuse for you to miss my calls. I tried reaching you every day for the first two months after I found out. There's no way in hell you missed them all unintentionally", I said. "You were trying to avoid me."

"Well...what the hell was I supposed to do, Court?" Pete asked as his voice lowered back to a normal tone. "We were going in totally different directions. And when I broke up with you.... it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I was still in love with you."

"No... how fucking dare you say that!" I screamed as loud as my voice would allow as I stood up. "You broke up with me because you were a heartless, dickless bastard; only worried about getting famous, making it big! You didn't care how many people you had to use or step on to get there, all you wanted was the money!" I screamed, my face not but inches from his. "I'm fucking glad that you never found out. You wouldn't have done anything but fuck up the baby's life!"

I began to storm out of the room, but was grabbed by the wrist and pulled back. The words seemed to hit him hard as he looked down ashamed. "No matter what you think or say, I was in love with you." He took a pause as he took a step back, making space between us.

"Well nothing matters now. Nothing you say or do can fix anything."

"Of course it can, Courtney. I can give you some money to help the two of you out", he said, sliding his checkbook out of his back pocket. "Just tell me how much you need." I shook my head as I pushed the book back towards him.

"I don't need your money Pete."



"Goddamn it Court! Stop being so fucking bitter for once in your life and take the money; God knows that you need it more then me", he took a pause as he began filling the paper out. "If not for you, do this for our baby."

"You mean my baby", I said harshly as I sat down.

"Don't even fucking start this with me now. I know I haven't been there for the baby, but if I had known I would have been. It's not like this whole thing is my fault."

"Don't lie to yourself Pete", I said softly as I smiled down, thinking of how cocky the bastard was. "You've already lied to me, your fans and everyone else who's ever cared about you. Don't start lying to your kid too."

"Look, I know you need the money weather your too proud to admit or not. I don't even want to think about how messed up it's life is already. Living in the piece of shit you call a house living off of the money you get from working part time at the record store."

"The baby's life is fine!" I screamed as I broke down in tears.

"I'm sure", Pete spat out sarcastically, not giving an ounce of pity to my tears.

"I don't have him", I cried out softly as my heart began to ache deep within my chest. I closed my eyes as a single tear rolled down my cheek. "I put Chase up for adoption after he was born. There was no way in hell that I could ever support him. That was the best thing I ever did for him."

"Chase...?" Pete asked softly, the answer being obvious. When we were younger and Pete and I were naïve and thought we would be together forever, we promised each other that the first boy we had would be named Chase. I guess he must have remembered.

I raised my eyes up to his, piercing them with intensity, causing him to look down to his feet. "Your son", I said bitterly. Pete remained silent, as did I for a minute or so. The silence began to grow intensely uncomfortably, forcing me to part my lips and speak. "His first birthday is coming up soon."

"You had him in..."

"In December... nine months after you left." My voice was now cold and shaky from the awkwardness of the moment. I hope the Pete felt the same, god knows that he should have. If it weren't for him I would still have the baby, and Pete and I probably wouldn't be in this huge fight. "I was going to tell you the day you left. But you decided to take off."

Pete slumped back into the couch, obviously overwhelmed with the news, "Well who all knows." He took a pause, but then cut in before I could answer, "I'm not the last, am I?"

"No one knows. Not even my own mother, or Patrick." I began to think. I've never been able to keep anything from that boy, not even the first time I got my period. And even then he was right there beside me, wearing his sweats and chowing down on a gallon of ice cream still in the bucket, watching lifetime movies. "Just the adoptive parents", I said softly.

"Please.... Court.... I'm so..."

I quickly cut him off, "Don't. Apologizes mean nothing when they pass your lips."










CHWAAAAA
hehe sory
hope you liked it [[as in the chapter]]
remember; rates and reviews would be lovely
the more i get the quicker the next chapter comes
=]
Sign up to rate and review this story