Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Magical triplet

Chapter fourteen

by wimvincken 4 reviews

It does not go well with Harry Potter. In order to increase Harry's magical power, Dumbledore infects Harry and two girls with a disease. And his power surges.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Dumbledore, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Lupin, Molly Weasley, Professor McGonagall, Ron, Sirius, Snape, Tom Riddle, Voldemort - Warnings: [X] [Y] - Published: 2007-01-30 - Updated: 2007-01-31 - 4817 words

4TrainWreck
A/N: Beta reader for this chapter is charmed3

-----

School starts

"I hereby open this meeting. This meeting will have only one subject, and that is Mr. Potter and Ms. Granger. We need to discuss what we are going to do with them, and how their evaluation goes." Albus Dumbledore slammed his hammer on the table.

Professor Snape looked disgusted. "Those two make me extremely nervous and I'm disgusted with their behaviour. That is what I think."

Professor Dumbledore interjected, "Are they not working well, Severus?"

"No, they are functioning extremely well. Both of them have read all of the assigned Potions books for the 7th year, and they know almost everything by heart. They have also managed to make all of their assigned potions, even the advanced N.E.W.T. potions. If they wanted, they could take the N.E.W.T. exam immediately, and they would succeed with perfect marks. No problems with that. But they are so sticky; it is truly disgusting. The school year starts tomorrow and I don't want to see them in my classes because they don't need any more. "

"That is the same with Charms," Professor Flitwick said.

"And with Transfiguration," Professor McGonagall said.

"Stop! With whom do they have subjects and work left?" Professor Dumbledore interjected again.

Hagrid held his hand up. "They did not have lessons with me, because I was in France this summer."

Professor Trelawney agreed with Hagrid. "Yes, they did not show up to my classes either, and I was in my tower for the full summer. I don't understand."

"So, when they study for the advanced part of every subject, do you think they have work left to complete?"

Nobody answered Professor Dumbledore.

"That means that the two of them can take their N.E.W.T. exams?"

Everyone agreed.

"Why don't you let them teach? They will do excellently in the DA. Not only that, but they can assist the students with study and training programs. That will keep them very busy, because they will have both the O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. classes."

Professor Lupin sat down.

Professor Dumbledore looked around. "Is anyone against this proposal?"

No one said anything in denial.

"This is then a decision. I will update them immediately. "

"But there is more to report than their excellence," Professor Lupin retorted. "I've never seen anyone adapt as fast to wandless magic as they have before. When they continue to study, as they do now, they can throw away their wands; they no longer need them."

Hermione was knitting a sweater in the dormitory. Harry was looking at her with a tender expression. "Hermione, you look so lovely when you knit. "

She smiled at that and looked at him warmly. "Harry, I am curious as to what the professors are going to decide. In a way, I suspect that they might let us go, and then have us return when the exams are due to begin."

"In that case, we can spend all of our time on the preparations for the wedding, and we can fire Mr. and Mrs. Goodhart."

"I cannot help that they irritate you, Harry. They also asked me many questions, so I truly don't understand why you get so nervous when you speak to Mr. Goodhart. He is only here to help us with our wedding day"

"But why is the man asking me about girlfriends, which I don't have? He clearly does not believe me."

"What about Cho Chang?"

"Was she a girlfriend? I don't think so. And don't mention Ginny, because she never was a girlfriend to me".

At that moment they heard knocking on the door of their dormitory. The door opened and Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall entered.

"Good evening, Professors." Hermione stood and waved them to easy chairs between her and Harry.

The professors sat down with a sigh and were offered tea and biscuits, which appeared in front of them with a flick of Harry's hand.

Professor McGonagall looked at Harry. "Harry, do you accept the position of Quidditch captain this year?"

Harry looked at Hermione. "No, Professor McGonagall, I would like to pass on this honor. I think that we have much better captains in our team. Take Ron, he might be an excellent captain."

Then, Harry stared into the fire, waited a moment, and then turned back to Professor McGonagall. "I also want to stop playing Seeker on the Quidditch team."

Professor McGonagall looked shocked. "Why in Merlin's name would you want to retire as Seeker, Harry? This is too drastic. Just because Hermione might not like Quidditch does not mean that you need to stop playing!"

"Professor, it is not honest for me to play Seeker. I will have the Snitch within seconds. My body is so well prepared, and I have so much power with wandless magic, that I will probably cheat during the matches and nobody will ever find out. I am so sorry. And Hermione is absolutely not the reason; she was advising me to continue playing."

Professor Dumbledore's eyes were twinkling again. "Would both of you like to teach the DA?"

"Yes," both of them said.

"Do you want to function as study coordinator for the second, fifth and seventh classes?"

"Yes," Hermione said, looking at Harry. Harry only smiled to her.

"Do you want to be the security prefects of Hogwarts?"

Both of them were frowning at Professor Dumbledore.

"But sir, we are already prefects, and security against what? We haven't heard one word from Voldemort, and nothing has happened in the summer."

"You will be normal prefects and security prefects, reporting only to me. You will have authority over every prefect. As for security, your authority will be above the Head Boy and Girl. What do you think?"

"If you need us, Professor, we are there."

"Excellent for the both of you, and now I have another question. How many N.E.W.Ts do you want to get this year?"

Hermione jumped up. "We have Charms, three of them, then Transfiguration, also three of them, then Ancient Runes and languages, that is one of them, History of Magic counts as two of them, Astronomy is only one, Potions is three, Care of Magical Creatures we still need to study, but will be one, Arithmancy will be two, Muggle studies will be three, Herbology will be two and Practical Magic Theory will be two. So, in total, that's twenty-three N.E.W.T.s."

"And what about the N.E.W.T for Divination, are you willing to study this with Professor Trelawney?"

"We prefer not to, sir."

"OK. When you manage the twenty-three N.E.W.T.'s, you will beat the current N.E.W.T. record of sixteen."

That is correct, Professor Dumbledore. That means that Tom Riddle's record will be broken at last."

"OK, I guess we will see each other in classes a day after tomorrow then. Have a good night."

"I've been thinking, Professor, that when we want to create a totally new defense against the Death Curse, we need to analyze only one piece of information, which I cannot break down, yet."

"Continue, Ms. Granger."

The attention of both professors was pointed now to Hermione, who had no idea and was totally within her own thoughts. This was their last day with only the professors, because that afternoon, the students would be returning for their next year of learning at Hogwarts.

"We know the structure of the spell, we know also the instructions to build up the energy; the energy will be transported to its target, but we don't know its source, yet. What makes the Death Curse unbeatable is the energy it uses is from an unknown source. If we can identify the source, then we can do something about it.

When we take, for example, a conventional curse and a shield, the conventional curse will bounce off the shield. The curse will not be destroyed or broken, but will continue its trail in the other direction."

"When we do the same with the Death Curse, the trail of the curse isn't changed with a conventional shield, and continues traveling until it reaches a biological body. But, when we make an experiment in which two Death Curses are fired at each other, both curses hit each other, and the Death Curse in both instances will be canceled.

"When I continue to theorize, and I manage to create a shield which contains the same material as the Death Curse, I'll have a shield which will stop the curse."

"But such shield is dangerous, because if it touches a person, the person will drop dead. So, I have been thinking that I might be able to create a spell which will construct a shield with two layers. The outside layer is a conventional layer, and the inner layer is the layer with the Death Curse material. Theoretically, I might have something that will work."

"The other approach is to use organic material to simulate an organic body, and then build the shield which contains a layer of the organic material, and in this way the Death Curse will be stopped as well. This is not as dangerous as the previous spell. Professor, I'd like to ask your permission, if it is possible, to create a project which Harry and I can work on developing a weapon against the Death Curse."

Professor Snape was sneering. "And how would you make such shield using the same amount of energy as the Death Curse?"

"That is easy. When you look into the structure of the spell, then you can see the instructions of the spell. The instruction tells us to take the material of the Death Curse and to transport it in the form of a beam to a target"

"In our situation, we can construct it not to send a beam, but to make circles around the spell caster."

"What makes it harder, is that we must combine two types of energy. That makes the spell also longer and, in this way, not as fast to cast as the Death Curse."

"What exactly do you need for this project, Hermione?" Professor Dumbledore was looking very interested.

"We need your permission to use the Death Curse, or better yet, permission to use all three Unforgivable Curses, because I want to have them all in this project. Also we need a classroom for building a controlled environment to make experiments, and we need your permission, of course. Oh, and we also need a teacher who can supervise and help us. That is it."

Professor Dumbledore was looking at both of them. "I think that this is an excellent project. If you are successful, then this project will change the Wizarding world; I want to give you all my support in this project. I will also notify the Ministry, because I suspect that they will also be very interested. I would like to be the supervisor of your project, until I am replaced by someone from the Ministry, who will probably take over the supervisor role. This is an excellent initiative and, when you succeed, you will save a lot of lives in the future."

They finished breakfast and left the Great Hall. Hermione and Harry went outside to the lake.

"Today we will see Ron and the rest of the club. There will be many questions which need to be answered ..."

Harry was looking over the lake. "Yes Hermione, I know. What I don't like is the way that he has grown into such a stubborn and jealous boy, with too many hormones running around his head and not a gram of self-control. This is not a Weasley trait. Normally Ron eventually comes to his senses, but I have not received one owl from him. I don't know why he has changed like that. "

The day went on slowly until it was time for lunch. Professor Dumbledore prepared an empty classroom that could be closed off with passwords, which they immediately set up. It would be their laboratory for this year.

They gave the professor the colloquium for their DA training, and wanted to talk about the study coordination. Harry wanted to have professors involved since Hermione wanted to prepare default study schedules for every type of study direction for all other classes, and she needed their study plans and schedules.

Professor Dumbledore asked Hermione and Harry if they had any knowledge about terrorist techniques. Harry and Hermione looked at the professor in confusion. "What do you mean by terrorist techniques, Professor?"

The professor continued. "During all this time, everything was quiet, and up to now, we have not heard from Voldemort or his Death Eaters. But, according my sources, this might change. They are busy collecting a vast number of people and magical creatures, like werewolves, vampires and the giants. We suspect that they are preparing for a big attack, which will be followed by continued terrorist attacks everywhere.

"If that is true, we need the people of the DA more then ever. We also need to intensify the organization of the DA. I don't think we need a model like a Muggle army, but we need ways to activate all DA members. Maybe you can expand your charmed Galleons, Hermione?"

Hermione smiled. "No problem. I will give you a demonstration of the Galleons tonight."

"Professor, I have an idea. The twins are investing their time into their dream of opening a joke shop. Last year I gave them some start-up money to begin something, and I plan to add more money to it this year. What they want is one or more shops in the Wizarding word that sells joke items. Their inventions are highly specialized charms with amazing properties, and very advanced. I think that if I arrange a talk between the twins and you, you could explain to them what you are dreaming about, and they might come up with very useful gadgets. "

"What are gadgets?"

"Utilities; little, but useful, tools or toys for communication, hidden spells, even for magical weapons."

Hermione was in her element. Professor Dumbledore was smiling at her. "Hermione, let's continue in this extremely interesting subject at a later time; my school needs me."

Professor Dumbledore disappeared to his office for the preparations, and the couple was on their way to the Great Hall. It was already becoming dark, and Harry could see the lights of the carriages. "They're coming. Let's go and sit in our places in the Great Hall."

With that, both of them went to their places at the Gryffindor table. Both of them were nervous to see the reaction of the students.

The large doors of the Great Hall opened and the students started to swarm in.

Very soon, they saw Dean and Seamus appear and immediately sat at their places. All of them were talking about their vacations. Dean spent the holiday with Seamus and had a lot of fun. Lavender, Parvati and Neville arrived and joined in the talk about the holidays. Neville had stayed with the Weasleys during the vacation. He was staring fixedly at the door. At last, Ron and Ginny entered. Ginny immediately greeted everyone and went to sit next to Neville. Both of them seemed to forget that the rest of the world existed as they began talking animatedly with each other. Ron's expression was pained as he looked at Hermione, and sat down on the far side of the table. He did not look at Harry, and did not say a word.

"Scarhead and Mudblood are sitting here? Don't you have little Scarhead and Mudbloods running through the corridors of the castle yet? Why are you sitting with us? I thought that you were supposed to sit with the rest of the professors."

Draco stood behind Harry with a big smirk on his face. Suddenly, Draco's dress robes started to roll up. Draco's eyes widened and he attempted to stop the rolling, which did not stop, much to his chagrin. Before too many people were aware of his problem, the rolling stopped. Draco turned a deep shade of red and marched to the Slytherin table. His robe now reached his hips.

Hermione was smirking now. "We wear better fashion today in Hogwarts, much more attractive; at least now we will see his legs, right, girls? " With that, everyone started to laugh. Lavender and Parvati got good looks at Draco's legs.

"He has got great legs, actually!"

Ron stared hatefully at Harry, but said nothing.

"When does the Sorting start? I am starved. Ginny, do you still have those sandwiches from your mother with you? It will take at last thirty minutes before they are ready with dinner."

Neville looked hungrily at Ginny's bag, and gratefully accepted a large sandwich, which he wolfed down.

"How was your vacation, Harry?" Ginny asked.

"We'll talk later in the common room, OK?"

Ginny looked at him strangely. "Ron is terribly angry with you, you know."

"But why is he angry with me, Ginny? I did not do anything against him; I did not steal, I did not lie. I truly don't understand. Is he angry because we are a couple?"

"Well Harry, he was half in love with Hermione, and before he could talk to Hermione, you had that show at the dance hall. He was really hurt."

"But Ginny, that is the most bizarre story I have ever heard of. I did not know that he had a crush on her. I understand from Hermione that she did not have a crush on him; it takes two to tango, you know.. It would be a very strange situation if Hermione couldn't have a relationship with anyone else, because Mr. Weasley has a crush on her, and he takes his time to tell her. This is very much one-sided. I advise him to clean up his act, before he gets hurt."

With that Harry turned to Hermione, who was looking sadly at Ron. "Yes Ginny, Ron was my best friend, but considering how strangely he's been acting, he will not be anymore. I was never in love with Ron, ever; he was my best friend."

"What about Harry? He was your best friend as well, and you chose him and not Ron."

"Ginny, as you know very well, you can not choose the person you fall in love with. I did not choose this, and neither did Harry. It happened, and it definitely was not a choice. We will talk about this in our common room, and you will learn that what we have is not something for people with a weak stomach to experience."

The Sorting started and took nearly an hour to complete. Then, there was the most wonderful food you could imagine to eat. Ron was eating as if he had not been fed for ages.

"At least that has not changed," Neville said, looking at Ron who was stuffing everything he could reach into his mouth. Parvati and Lavender were looking at him in disgust.

"Ron, please eat like a normal human being."

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?" All half-eaten food parts went flying over the table.

Once dinner was over, Professor Dumbledore stood up.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, and another year of study. The Forbidden Forest is forbidden and there is a large list of forbidden articles, hanging outside Mr. Filch's office. We have some new additions this year. Please welcome Professor Lupin as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor."

Everyone applauded loudly, even the Slytherins.

"But that is not all. We have DA lessons this year for all students in the fourth year and up. The DA professors are Harry Potter and Hermione Granger."

There was more applause, except from the Slytherins.

"We also have the same people taking care of your study coordination for those of you in the fourth, fifth and seventh years. They have special programs designed for you if you suffer from O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. diseases." He smiled. "And now, we will all go to bed. Good night!"

"Let's go and get the first years to their dorm."

With this, they stood up and accompanied the first years to their dorms. Harry took the boys, and Hermione took the girls.

After the boys were shown to their beds, they had the usual fights about who got which bed, and at last Harry was free to go to the dorm common place, where Ginny, Dean, Seamus, Lavender, Parvati, Neville, Hermione and Ron were waiting. He let himself drop onto one of the easy chairs next to the fireplace. Hermione looked at him lovingly, and Harry winked at her.

Ginny noticed what went between the two of them. "You two are very much in love with each other, aren't you?"

"Yes", Hermione said. "We are indeed very much in love, and much more than that."

Lavender stood up from her chair and sat beside Hermione. "What happened during the dance? It was very scary what I saw, with that mist and you guys were only dancing, you were dancing straight into the air; not normal for Merlin's sake."

"Patience, we will tell you everything. Harry? "

"According to Professor Dumbledore, there is something called Twin Magic. It is like a rare curse, in which two compatible magically-enabled people can catch, but nobody knows exactly how."

Lavender frowned. "Do you mean that you and Hermione have that curse?"

"Yes, we have, but it is not contagious, and there is no cure."

"What is it then?" Ron asked.

"When two people have caught the Twin Magic, they are bound to each other. They share their magic; they cannot live without each other. When I know that I will be separated from Hermione for several minutes, or when she is not in view, then I will feel very sick or start to panic. The curse also increases the feeling of love. This feeling will persist always. I am always in love with Hermione, and will always be. And it happens only with people with magic, not Muggles. There are only a couple of registered cases over the last 1000 years."

Everyone was quiet and nobody spoke.

"This is all bullshit. I think you simply made this up so you can have a go with my girl!" Ron was totally red and directed hateful looks at Harry.

Now Hermione stood. "Ron, I have never had any special feelings for you, ever. And you, never told me that you have feelings for me. Not only that, I am not a thing that can be owned. How can you say this?"

"BUT HERMIONE, I LOVE YOU! I ALWAYS HAVE, AND I WANT YOU. I WANT TO TAKE YOU FROM THAT MONSTER, THAT ASSHOLE. HE ALWAYS GOT WHAT HE WANTED, AND NOW IT IS TIME THAT SOMEONE STOPS HIM!"

Hermione made one step towards him and slammed him straight in the face. "HOW DARE YOU! I AM NOT A PROPERTY. I AM WITH THE MAN I LOVE, NOT WITH SUCH A LUNATIC AS YOU ARE!"

Ron was baffled; his eyes now as big as plates. He dumped back into his chair and stared at Hermione. "Did you ever love me, Hermione?"

"No Ron, I only loved you as a friend, not more and not as a boyfriend. I am sorry."

"But I assumed that you loved me. How can you choose Harry, and not me?"

"But Ron, I don't want to choose and if I had to choose, I would not choose you. When you have calmed down, you will get your own girlfriends."

Now everyone was quiet. Parvati was murmuring. "Not bloody likely, he is a psycho."

Ron stood up and went to his room, slamming the door shut behind him.

Ginny sighed. What happens now, Hermione? If you can't live without Harry, what are you going to do now? Ron will kill Harry if this continues."

Hermione looked disgusted, her eyes flashing. "Hardly; it is rather the opposite. Ron will be very lucky if he survives Harry and me if he tries something. Everything that Harry feels emotionally, I feel at the same time."

Now Hermione sighed, and Harry continued. "We are both sleeping in the prefects' room. On the 23rd of December, we are going to marry. We will not follow the normal lessons anymore. We are the training coordinators for Hogwarts, and we are the professors for the DA, which will be an official activity this year. We are also the security prefects. We are working on research projects against the Unforgivable Curses. I think that is it."

Everyone looked amazed. "We will have the full DA again?" Parvati asked.

"Yep, the DA will be much better then it was before, and of course it is practical, and you'll learn much more than in any other lessons like Defense."

Harry sighed again. "This year, I will not be the captain of the Quidditch team, and I will also not play as Seeker for the team. This is your chance Ginny, and when Ron manages to pull himself together, then I would suggest to make him Quidditch captain."

"But you can't do that, Harry! Who will lead us into...?"

SLAM!

The door of the boy's dorm thrown open, and Ron came storming out, screaming and cursing, waving his a wand. "I AM GOING TO KILL YOU, ASSHOLE, MOTHER FUCKER!" His face was full of hate

He waved his wand and pointed to Harry. Harry and Hermione immediately reacted together. A large, green shield appeared around everyone as Ron screamed, "Aduro Contendo!"

A large red fireball flew out of his wand and hit the shield, where it was deflected straight back to Ron. He was hit full by his own fireball, and collapsed on the ground. Ginny stood up and ran to him. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? RON! YOU IDIOT"

Ron pushed Ginny roughly aside, and pointed his wand at Harry. "AVADA KEDA ..." He had no chance to complete the curse, because at that moment Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall Apparated in the dorm. Professor Dumbledore simply picked Ron's wand from his fingers.

"What happened here? Ron, why do you want to kill someone?"

Harry had never seen Professor Dumbledore in this way. His eyes were flashing fire and his face was like stone.

Ron collapsed on the ground, but continued to scream and curse. Professor Dumbledore petrified Ron. "Harry, is he directing his anger at you?"

"Yes Professor. I have no idea why. He insists on hating me because I "stole" his girlfriend, Hermione, from him. The problem is that nobody had any idea, including Hermione. She was not his girlfriend. It started at the dance floor before we went to Hogwarts and it still continues. He does not seem to be able to control himself and is only screaming and cursing at us. I don't understand why this is happening. He is obviously not himself anymore."

"We will talk about this later. I will take Ron to the infirmary and find out what is going on."

With this, Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall left the dorm with Ron levitated between them.

"Wow," Ginny said. "You were right, Hermione. The stupid idiot is making a clown of himself; it is truly unbelievable. I don't want to owl my mum about this, because she will come and collect Ron herself, and will do some very bad things with him."

Lavender suddenly stood up. "Hermione, we almost forgot because of that jerk. Did you say that you are going to get married?"

This captured everyone's attention, and all of them were looking expectantly at Hermione and Harry.

"Well ... on the 23rd of December in the Potter's castle ... and we still need some bridesmaids and groomsmen and stuff... you know."

Harry's face became red and he looked at the floor.

The girls were screaming, stood up and dragged Hermione up and went to their dorm. "We need too talk!"

With that, Harry was alone with the boys. "Oh shit guys, I don't know about you, but I think that we are all fucked."

Dean and Seamus looked surprised. "What do you mean? Do you regret your decision to get married?"

Harry looked at them with a smirk on his face. "I am not fucked, but you guys are. You all need to help me to get married, and if you had any idea what the girls were saying, you would understand."

Neville looked surprised. "Do you really understand what the girls are saying?"

"I cannot understand what the girls are saying, but I can read the emotions from Hermione. And Hermione is doing the same with me. She has a very good idea what I am saying, because she feels the emotions."

"That is cool, man," Dean said.

-----

A/N: Beta reader for this chapter is charmed3
Sign up to rate and review this story