Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Holiday Season... But Not Everyone's in the Holiday Spirit

Chapter 6

by Nic 0 reviews

:-)

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-02 - Updated: 2007-02-02 - 1219 words

0Unrated
11:25pm still no change.
"Please wake up... I have so much I never said that I need you to know. Please wake up... I know I don't deserve you but I need you." I said silent tears falling.



11:35pm
I turned when I heard the door open. It was Benji, again with a cup of coffee, I couldn't help the way I reacted it's like all this time I've been looking for someone to blame for the accident and well Benji just seemed to be the perfect candidate.

"You still here." I said giving him a dirty look.

"Oh so that's how it's going to be." He sighed.

"Remember it was just a one night thing back to normal now, you hate me I hate you."

"I thought we'd got somewhere last night..."

"Shut up what would you know. you walked away from my help now I'm walking away from yours. I bet your loving this, all the pain it's causing me. you probably don't want him to wake up, get him out of the way so you can have you chance with me but guess what you've go no fucking chance in hell." I said bitterly and coldly.

I could tell it hurt him. I didn't mean what I said but I had to get my frustrations out some how. Well he should know all about pushing the ones that are trying to help you away, treating them like shit and getting your frustrations out on them; he did it often enough to me when I was trying to help him. Maybe in some way I was doing to him what he does to all the girls he 'loves' being horrible to them to make them hate him so that he didn't have to face his true feelings and risk getting hurt; maybe I'm doing that to him. No no that's not it I love Liam and I'm marrying Liam. Who was I trying to convince.

"You don't mean that." he said quietly.

"Wanna bet." I spat. He just turned and left, I knew I'd gone over the line but I didn't really care at the moment, the only thing that mattered was Liam.





After Benji left I knew he'd gone home. I'd crossed the line and really hurt him but I wasn't worried about that right now. It was 11:45 I was watching the time slowly ticking down. I was sat as close to the bed on the left as I could, leaning over resting my head on his chest holding his left hand in both my hands. Tears falling out of my eyes, I wasn't crying anymore I didn't have the energy just tears falling slowly form my eyes. I can't believe this is happening it's like a really bad dream, a nightmare.

At 11:55 the doctor came in to the room. I knew this wasn't good by the look on his face. They'd given up on him; they don't think he's going to live.

"Miss Copeland..." he started in the professional sympathetic tone of giving someone the bad news.

"Sophie." I corrected him.

"Sophie..." he nodded. "It's been t..."

"No it hasn't there's still some time left, just give him a chance he can't die." I pleaded as if I was begging for his life.

"It's highly unlikely that he will pull through or let along make a full recovery after being out for this long with all the bleeding."

"Please just give him a little longer."

"I'm sorry Miss... Sophie, there's nothing more anyone can do. I can give you a few moments along with him until we have to come and switch the machine off." he said sadly. Then turning and leaving me alone it was exactly 12am Christmas day, some Christmas this is. This can't be it, it just can't be Liam's young and strong he should be able to pull through from this. I went into a daze, still gripping tight hold of Liam's hand; all these thought where whirling around my head.

The next thing I know I hear noise to my right and feel Liam's hand move slightly. I turned my head to look down at Liam to my surprise and shock to see his eyes flutter open and look back at me. I couldn't believe it I had to do a double take to make sure I wasn't imagining things. Luckily I wasn't imagining things at 12:01am Liam had woke up. A fresh flood of tears started falling this time tears of happiness. I pressed the button to signal for the nurses to come.

"Liam, you're awake! How do you feel?" I said laughing and crying at the same time.

"What's going on?" he said sounding very groggy.

"Your in the hospital, you've been out for twenty four hours. You where in a car accident, gave me the scar of my life. Do you remember anything of it?" I asked getting slightly worried that he might have a concussion or memory loss or something.

"Yeah it's all coming back to me now. I don't remember much about the accident just driving along then it all going black feeling a lot of pain." He said weakly. Just then the doctor and two nurses walked in. all of them with the same shocked and surprised expression I must have had on my face a few minutes ago.

"Well Hello Mr Holloway, nice to see you awake, you gave us all quite a scar for a second there." the doctor said cheerily. "Now we just need to do some normal check ups to make sure everything ok and then we'll leave you two alone." The doctor said.

I had to leave while they did the checks but as soon as they'd finished and clarified that everything was ok and that he'd make a full recovery almost instantly with the acceptation of the bruises and the broken leg. Apparently he was very lucky not many people pull through after being out for so long in these circumstances.

"Merry Christmas." I said grinning as I walked into Liam's room again giving him a hug and a kiss.

"It's Christmas day already? Your going to have to fill me in on what I've missed." He laughed.

"You not missed much you've been out for exactly twenty four hours and one minute. So you only missed Christmas Eve and you haven't missed much as I've been here all the time. You had twenty four hours to recover if you didn't wake up in them twenty four hours the doctor said that you never would but at one minute over after they'd already basically told me to say my good bye before they turn the machine off you wake up. I was so scared I really don't know what I would have done if I'd have lost you, I love you so much." I got out all in one breath finishing with giving a soft kiss on the lips.

"I love you too. Sorry about the scare. Good Christmas present though don't you think?" he laughed.

"The best." I smiled. We made small talk for about two more hours until the doctors said that Liam should get some rest and that I should go home and get some sleep too; then in the morning he could come home.
Sign up to rate and review this story