Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Fate

The Final Battle

by story_master 8 reviews

After finally defeating Cronus the heroes go their separate ways, leaving their true feelings untold. But on New Year's Eve 5 years in the future Cronus escapes again. With the heroes scattered acr...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-03 - Updated: 2007-02-03 - 2538 words

1Exciting
Tory: Hey there! Yes, yes I know that I'm still working on four other stories but I still have about 13 others that I want to get writing so I thought that I'd start now, while I have some spare time. This is going to be one of my favourite stories to write. Not much else to say here except Enjoy!..

Disclaimer: Don't own it, never will. I just own my stories and any OC's.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Final Battle

This was it. There was no turning back. It was the final battle between Cronus and the heroes; between good and evil. Who would win? Who would reign victorious? Who knows? That's what this fight would determine. Through the blood, the tears, the cries of pain and the death someone would stand above the rest and claim victory. But who? Who would decide the world's fate? Who would claim said title? Only time would tell...

" Jay watch your back!" the purple haired hero called to his leader.

Jay ducked and only caught the tail end of a painful strike delivered by none other than the power hunger Greek God of Time who they sought to imprison for eternity.

" Herry! Watch out!" the young descendant of Odysseus cried to his muscular friend.

Herry didn't react quickly enough and was sent to the ground, like a ton of bricks being dropped, as a result of the attack of a giant.

The red haired beauty raced to Herry's side and helped him to his feet. Regaining his balance he dove back into battle. There was no room for mistakes here. No room for miscalculations. No room for error.

" Atlanta!" Archie cried as his best friend and counterpart was thrown like a rag doll into a tree trunk.

The purple haired boy ran to her side. She groaned with pain as he helped her up.

" Are you okay?" he asked, concern written in his violet eyes.

She nodded painfully, "Yeah, I'll live."

The two immediately jumped back into action, just like the energizer bunny- they just kept going.

Neil, with his incredible good luck had dodged every attack thrown at him, but luck can only take you so far. He was slugged over the head by the massive fist belonging to a giant. He dropped to the ground unconscious. Odie rushed to his side to check the damage. Thankfully he was sill breathing, but out of commission.

Theresa fought beside Jay, against Cronus. They wouldn't let him get away this time. They were so close. They couldn't fail. Cronus swung one of his scythes at Theresa and caught her across her stomach. The blood seeped out and she sunk to the ground. But that wouldn't stop her, she knew what she had to do so, she pushed herself forward. She wasn't going to let the world down. She grabbed her nun chucks and went back to fighting, pushing the pain from her mind.

She went right back to attacking the almighty god. Along with Jay, her leader, her friend, her team mate. Cronus swung his scythe again, this time catching the leader across the chest. It wasn't a deep cut but Jay dropped to the ground, dropping his xiphos, his arm clutching his wound, the blood oozing between his fingers. Theresa stopped by his side while Herry took over fighting the god.

" Jay." she cried with worry evident in her voice.

He looked at her and flashed her a small smile. " I'm fine." he insisted.

She smiled back at him and helped him back to his feet. Then, handing Jay his weapon, the two went to help the struggling Herry fight back the god.

Atlanta and Archie had busied themselves with a giant. Atlanta wielded her crossbow on one wrist and held her steel trap bolas in the other hand. Archie wielded his Hephaestus whip, cracking it at the obscene creature's feet. Normally it was easy to drive off one of Cronus' giants but today, today was different. Today the giants fought to bring destruction and chaos to the world. Today they wouldn't be beaten so easily.

Archie's whip caught the giant across the cheek, leaving a large gash. The giant screeched with agony and stumbled around, hitting Atlanta in the process. She was thrown to the ground and landed funny on her wrist. It was immediately swollen and discoloured.

" Atlanta? Are you okay?" Archie asked, glancing over to the red haired huntress.

" I'll be fine." she replied stubbornly.

The two, seeing the giant retreat into the surrounding trees, went to fight Cronus. Upon joining their team mates, Archie was cut along his leg. The cut traveled down his leg, from his thigh, past the side of his knee, down to his ankle and cracking his ankle brace. He yelped with pain as he barely kept his footing. He tore off a piece of his soaked hoody and tied it around the worst of the cut. Then he raced back into battle.

Herry was also caught by the scythe of Cronus. Only he was cut along his upper back when he turned too soon. He fell to the ground and laid there, the blood trickling out of the gaping wound as the fight continued on with out him. His sacrifice was well worth it. But he knew it wasn't the end, not yet anyway.

Odie had been tending to Neil's injured head when he saw Herry fall. He got up to tend to the brawn when the earlier cowering giant grabbed him by the back of his shirt and flung him out of the way as if he was a mere stick. Odie flew through the air and hit a pile of rocks. A large gash produced on his forehead and down his temple. He fell against the ground and remained motionless.

Neil, having finally woken up, rubbed his head and pulled himself to his feet and watched the bloody scene before him for a few moments. Then he picked up Jay's extendable pole, which he now wielded, and charged into help his friends.

By then Theresa had fallen to the ground, unable to go on. Her wounds were too much for her to bear. Her lost blood painted the grass, along with the blood of her friends. The once beautiful nature was now tainted with the mark of death.

Archie was the next to fall. His ankle brace and broken off and now lay in shattered pieces among the weeds and bushes. His wonky ankle had given out on him and had left him susceptible to Cronus' sneaky attacks. He was caught across the cheek and left arm. Then left in a slump on the blood soaked ground.

Atlanta was the next to fall victim to Cronus. He had swung both of his scythes, one right after the other, and caught her across her stomach, twice. She had fallen to the ground and watched Jay, Neil and Cronus continue fighting. She knew that they were worried, concern but they couldn't let there minds wander from their goal. They needed to defeat Cronus now or it may never happen.

Neil was caught the butt end of Cronus scythe coming down and fell to the ground. As he tried to get up he was caught by the giant. His arm was crushed in its grip. He cried with pain as he was released from the giant's grip. Archie had used most of his remaining strength to slash the giant across the back with his whip. He shot a small smile towards Neil, who returned the gesture then both watched the fight. They wounds and pain being pushed from their minds.

All who were left standing, barely, were Cronus and Jay. This was the ultimate showdown. The last lines between standing for good and for evil. The next to fall would determine the fate of humanity, the fate of the world and the fate of the next.

And it had all started on an ordinary day, with extraordinary teens whose lives would never be the same....

------------------------------------------

Earlier...

The buzzing and blaring of seven alarm clocks filled the air as seven disgruntled and annoyed teens pulled themselves from bed and got ready for yet another day in their complicated lives. It was your usual morning: Neil had used up all the hot water causing the already irritated teens to become even more irritated. Then they all enjoyed a well prepared breakfast made by Athena. Then, it was off to school.

There, they endured the torturous training of Ares and the arguing of any god or goddess to disagree with him. Then it was lunch. The teens' favourite part of the day because the day was half over but just beginning and they could just be normal. Well today... today that was all changed.

Jay's PMR had gone off no longer than five minutes into lunch. He answered it, looking rather tired and unamused. After hearing the urgency and worry in Hermes' voice Jay had ushered the other six back to the school. They were informed of the situation and their mission made clear.

It was on this day that they were to take Cronus down for good. No exceptions, no mistakes. If only the heroes could prepare them selves for the torture and pain that ensued. If only they had known...


------------------------------------------

Jay shook with anger. He swayed with weariness. His mind began to grow fuzzy. He couldn't wait any longer. Seeing Cronus also looking weary, Jay plunged the blade of his sword into the god's chest and through the spot where someone's heart would normally be. The god shrieked with pain and agony as the young hero ripped the blade from his body.

Cronus fell to the ground. Yes, he was able to heal himself super fast. But not today. Today he was weakest. Today he was almost powerless, almost mortal. But he wasn't because in this case the mortal had won. He had lost.

Jay, seeing Cronus not moving and not getting up any time soon, let himself fall as well. His body had taken its toll and screamed for rest. With is last ounce of strength he called Hermes on his PMR.

" Jay! Is everything okay?" Hermes asked, concern and fear overwhelming his voice.

" It's done. We've won." Jay said with a triumphant smile upon his face.

" Good. Hera will send Camp to take Cronus back to where he belongs. Then you will all need your rest." Hermes said.

Jay nodded to the god then let the small device fall to the ground. Then he let the darkness claim him. It was over. Their sacrifices were worth it. They had won. Good had triumphed over evil. It was all over.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Campe had taken Cronus back to Tartarus and locked him up where he couldn't escape. He would rot in there for eternity. That would be made sure of.

After paying her respects to the heroes, who lay in Chiron's study, she left to take her post guarding Cronus. Meanwhile Hera stood in the doorway of Chiron's study. Her eyes scanned the room, tears brimming in her eyes.

" They had given so much and now..." but the queen of the gods trailed off as Chiron approached her.

" I know Mrs. Hera. But don't worry. They will be in good hands. It's all over now. They can't feel any pain and they'll go to better places." Chiron said as he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

" Their ancestors will be so proud of them." she said with a smile.

Hera left to her solarium. Chiron also left, to inform the other gods and goddesses of the news. He closed the doors behind them and the shadows played upon the walls, upon the ceiling and across the bandaged, bloodied and battered bodies of the seven young heroes.

The room was silent and still. Not a sound could be heard but the distant pitter patter of Chiron's hooves but soon that sound vanished. Each of the heroes was laid down on a cot, their medallion lain on their stomach and their respective weapon across the bottom of the cot.

Night had fallen and it had been hours since the heroes had defeated their greatest enemy. The moon was high in the cobalt sky and the stars twinkled along with it. The moonlight shone through the ceiling-to-floor windows and filtered onto the heroes. They looked they angels or beings not of this world. Their bodies were encircled by the majestic pale light of the moon.

Each one had been bandaged and re-bandaged at least three times by then. The old bloodied bandages thrown away, replaced by new clean ones:

Herry had bandages that started mid-stomach and winded around up to his shoulders and around his head. Odie had been bandaged around his head and had his right arm, also bandaged, in a sling. Theresa had bandages much like Herry's but starting lower-stomach but only winding to below her chest. Archie's right leg was bandaged from his thigh to his new ankle brace that Hephaestus had made him and stitches in his cheek. Atlanta had one wrist in a cast that came up to her elbow and was bandaged like Theresa: from lower-stomach to just below her chest. Neil had the bandages from Odie still wrapped around his head and a cast that went from his hand to just past his elbow. Jay had it maybe worst of all. His wounds, although few were substantial. He was bandaged like Herry: from mid-stomach to shoulders. He also had one hundred twenty six stitches where Cronus scythes had made its mark.

These seven seemingly average teenagers, to the unsuspecting onlooker, were really unimaginable heroes. Each descended from a great hero or heroine of Greek past. Others may say that it's all mythology, all made up, and these seven would have said it too if not for what they had gone through.

These seven now know that Greek mythology wasn't made of myths. It was all real, every last word of it. And if not for everything that had happened they wouldn't have believed it themselves. If not for their scars and memories then they would have laughed and thought it a joke. But no, they knew.

No other teenager would know this sacrifice, this pain, this burden. While everyone slept soundly at night these seven remarkable teens would be out saving the world everyone loved from a power hungry, demonic, and down right evil Greek God of Time.

They say "no good deed goes unpunished" and in this case it's very true. These seven teens preformed the greatest of deeds and paid dearly for it. These seven teens will remain heroes for all of time. These seven teens: Jay, Theresa, Archie, Atlanta, Odie, Herry and Neil, know the real story. They are true heroes, but only they, the gods and goddesses of Mount Olympus and Cronus would know that...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Okay there's chapter one. I could just leave this as a one-shot but I have basically the entire story planned out so I can't. Send a review my way and let me know what you think. Constructive critism is always welcome.:D I'll try to update soon. Cheers!;D
Sign up to rate and review this story