Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Schwarz Kreuz: Spawnverse

The Warm Fuzzies

by fey_puck 1 review

Schwarz. With spawn. Assasinations were the easy part.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Aya, Schwarz - Published: 2005-09-01 - Updated: 2005-09-01 - 627 words

0Unrated
Ran was happy.

Or, rather, as close to happy as he could get.

It wasn't a "gee, this day is beautiful and wonderful and I'm glad to be alive" feeling. It certainly wasn't a "gosh, I feel like I could walk on air and end world hunger and save bunnies" type either. But it wasn't his old "SOMEDAY I'LL KILL TAKATORI AND BATHE IN HIS BLOOD moo ha ha ha" happy either and everyone could agree that this was a good thing.

No, Ran was just...happy.

The florist business was booming, Ken was tucked away in their bedroom- no doubt drooling over the pillows- and neither Omi nor Youji had been by in a while. That was enough to add a bounce to his step, though the medications his psychiatrist had him on ensured that anyway. But aside from that...

The redhead paused a moment to watch a butterfly move gracefully towards a prim rose and sighed at the beauty of it. A tear formed in his eye that had nothing to do with allergies and he was mildly horrified, but it was so /lovely/.

Perhaps he should ask for a less...effective medication, he thought. After all, his random bouts of violence and screamed death threats had stopped years ago. And it wasn't as if he was going out every night to defeat Dark Beasts. Not like in the old days anyways. Just a misguided soul here and there that needed a second chance or, sometimes, a good long nap.

Ran eyed the shears in his hand with a gleam in his eye before calming down.

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in...that's right.

Where was he? Oh yes. There weren't any love-crazy women to fight with anymore. No TAKATORI to destroy (well, there was Omi...Mamoru.../Omi/, but that didn't really count), and best of all, no Schwarz.

No creepy gold-eyes. No scary teenagers with powers. No perverted telepath to mess with your head while your sleeping and make you lust after him against your very will.

No American with disturbing glasses that flashed on cue.

No. Schwarz.

Ran sighed and pruned some scrubs.

"Ooooooooooh, Brett-chan! I want some flowers! Can I get flowers from the pretty man?" a voice squealed.

Ran looked up and froze as three teenagers ambled over to the shop. A girl and two boys.

Those eyes.

That hair.

That /look/.

"Can I help you?" he said automatically.

The girl smiled a disturbingly familiar smile. "I would like to buy some flowers! Pretty one. Maybe lilies? And...umm...what's your favorite, Mr. Pretty Man?"

"Roses." Ran's voice was flat. He was trying very hard to not let the happy feeling go away.

"I like snapdragons," the red-orange haired kid declared, a smirk on his face for apparently no reason. Though I must agree that you're pretty...

Ran gulped. He eyed the shears in his hand speculatively. Happy feeling, happy feeling...

The girl giggled and gathered up the flowers she wanted, picking and choosing from here and there. "And this one...aaaand this one....and Da would like that, wouldn't he, Kiri-chan?"

The Japanese boy tried to look interested. "Sure, I guess."

"And Uncle Schu would like these!"

"Ahuh, but I think those are weeds..."

Ran felt his hands shaking. The boy that looked very Schuldigish shot him a look before he absentmindedly slipped the sunglasses off his head and onto his face.

Lenses flashed.

Ran snapped.

"SHI-NE!" he yelled and went to jump forward, lack of katana be damned and-

-and met an invisible wall.

The three teenagers stalked off, muttering about how rude people were these days and what they should get for lunch.

Ran slumped backwards, dazed. And laughed.

Later, Ken called the doctor for a stronger prescription.
Sign up to rate and review this story