Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Reign Of Darkness

Friendly And Not So Friendly

by story_master 4 reviews

When the new kid at school befriends Jay quickly the others get suspicious. Especially when Jay starts to ignore, keep secrets from them and even hurt Theresa. But when the team confronts him thing...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-02-09 - Updated: 2007-02-10 - 2434 words

0Unrated
Tory: Okay well not much to say here. Thanks for all the reviews! You all rock! I'll update my other stories this weekend, well hopefully. There's a few "Bad" words in here... I guess. Well, I wouldn't consider them "bad" but anyways. Now, on with the story...

Disclaimer: Don't own it, never will, just my stories.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

" Jay what the hell is your problem?!" Atlanta yelled, flicking on the light.

The others had heard the scream and were now standing on the stairs, looking from Atlanta to Jay.

" Well?" Atlanta asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

" I.. uh... I thought I heard something. I thought that it was Cronus." Jay said, casting his glance to the floor.

" Yeah. That was me getting a drink. What is with you? You're acting like a psycho!" Atlanta shouted as she pushed past the others and headed to her room.

The others looked at Jay for a moment more then also headed to their rooms, leaving the leader to sink to the floor and throw his blade on the hardwood. He banged his head against the wall a few times but stopped when it started to give him a headache.

" What is wrong with me?" he asked aloud in a whisper.

Then, picking up his weapon and turning off the lights, he too headed back to bed. The rest of the evening went by fairly quickly, and without any more disruptions. But the day to come wouldn't be as peaceful...

" Theresa! Move it! We're going to be late! Theresa!" Atlanta yelled up the stairs for her friend.

When silence was her only answer Atlanta headed upstairs. She knocked on Theresa's door a few times then opened it up. It was empty. Atlanta sighed, turned on heel and headed back down the stairs.

" So?" Jay asked, waiting by the truck.

" She's not up there. She must've gotten up early and headed to school before us." Atlanta said as she climbed in the back.

Jay hopped in too and the six headed off to school. Once there, the six couldn't find the red head anywhere. Then first bell rang and they had to stop their search. Theresa didn't have classes with any of her friends so they had to wait until lunch to see if they could find her.

Lunch rolled around after three and a half hours. Everyone made it to the table, well everyone but Jay and Theresa. Jay was walking towards the five, late as usual, and with Will tagging along when he stopped and headed in another direction. The five followed him with their eyes and saw that he was walking to another table, a table with a very familiar red head poking at her food.

" Hi." Jay said, standing beside her.

" Hi." she muttered in reply.

" Can I sit here?" he asked.

" Sure." Theresa said and Jay sat across from her.

" Is everything okay?" Jay asked.

" Fine." Theresa replied standing up and walking away.

Jay sat there for looking at her retreating back and she left the yard. At the other table a few of them were laughing but Archie got up and headed over to talk to Jay.

" Hey man." he said, taking a seat.

" Hey." Jay said glumly.

" Listen. Theresa can be a real Drama Queen, but she won't stay mad at you forever. Just give her some space." Archie said trying to comfort his leader.

" Thanks." Jay said as Archie got up and went back to the other table.

Will sat down across from Jay and saw the sad and tormented look upon his face.

" Cheer up Jay. Your friend Archie is right; she can't stay mad at you forever." Will offered.

" You're right." Jay said looking up at his new friend.

Then the two started talking about sailing and boats.

Theresa watched them from across the yard in the shade. She couldn't hear what they were saying but she had learned to interpret people's true self from their body language. She didn't notice when Atlanta walked up to her. So when Atlanta tapped her shoulder, Theresa jumped.

" Whoa. You okay? Where'd you go this morning?" Atlanta asked taking a seat.

" I wanted to talk to Persephone before classes. You know about my vision and last night." Theresa replied.

" What was that all about back there with Jay. I thought you liked him. He has been acting odd and a little crazy but the rest of us forgave him." Atlanta said with a wide smirk on her face.

" It's not him I'm avoiding." Theresa said, her eyes still fixed on Jay and Will.

" What do you mean?" Atlanta asked.

" It's Will. I don't know why but I've got a really bad feeling about him." Theresa answered, turning to look at her friend.

" Now that you mention it yeah. There is something off about him. But that could just be us. I mean Jay's a great leader. He's always thinking about the team. I'm sure that he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize us." Atlanta said.

" I'm sure you're right." Theresa said.

The bell for third rang and the two got up and headed for the school. Theresa felt someone's eyes on her and turned to look back. 'Maybe I am just imagining things.' she thought as she headed for her locker.

Third dragged on and it seemed as though the bell for fourth would never ring. But it did and students poured into the hallways. Theresa walked to her locker, she was glad to have a spare. She was fixing up the inside of her locker, you know straightening books and organizing it, when the hallways suddenly became eerily quiet. She shuddered as she continued to rummage with her things.

" Hello Theresa." a voice said from behind her, making her jump for the second time that day.

Theresa whipped around and found it was only Will. She heaved a sigh of relief and relaxed a little.

" Oh, it's only you Will. You scared me half to death." Theresa said, turning back to her locker.

" Only half?" Will asked sending chills down Theresa's back.

Slowly she turned to face him and noticed the odd grin across his face. She racked her mind for those memories she had sought to block, hoping to remember where she had seen that evil, resenting and hate filled smirk before.

" You." Theresa whispered, trying to back away but being stopped by the lockers.

" Glad to see you remember me." the boy snickered, taking a step towards her.

" B-but.... how?" Theresa stuttered.

" Now where's the fun if I told you that." the boy said.

" We put you away once and we can do it again." Theresa threatened, taking a fighting stance.

" We? I don't see anyone but here you and me cupcake." the boy smirked at Theresa's expression and her shudder as he placed a hand under her chin.

" Get away from me!" Theresa yelled, disgusted as she swatted away his hand.

The boys smirk remained. Theresa dove at him and tackled him to the ground. She was going to concentrate all her anger and frustration on hurting him. She drew her fist back and started to punch him. Her anger and ferocity growing with each painful blow. Then she felt arms wrap around her stomach and haul her off of the now bleeding boy. She faintly heard the pleas of someone else above the sound of her heart pounding in her ears.

She was spun around to face Jay. His eyes filled with confusion, worry and anger. The pounding in Theresa's ears faded away and she could now hear Jay's words.

" ... what were you doing? Have you completely lost it?!" he yelled, briefly glancing to see if Will was okay.

" No, Jay you don't understand. He-" Theresa was cut off.

" I don't know what's going on with you. First you run away and then you try to jump off the roof. Then you leave again at lunch and now you're beating the crap out of Will. If you don't tell me what's going on right now then..." but Jay trailed off.

" Then what?" Theresa asked, her anger still pulsing inside her.

Jay didn't reply. He just walked past her and helped Will to his feet. Then he walked with him down the hall to the nurse's office. Will turned back and grinned and Theresa. If it weren't for Jay Theresa probably would've killed him.

She felt her anger burning inside her and she needed to get away from there, away for him. She slammed her locker shut and raced to the janitor's closet. She impatiently waited fro the portal to materialize and take her to the secret wing of the gods and goddesses. Then she raced to the gym. The seven had training with Ares after but she'd be long gone by then.

She released the rest of her anger on the punching bags and the track. Once she felt like she had gotten out all her anger she headed for the library. She found a book that was written in Latin and another in Roman Urdu. The Roman Urdu she'd have no problem translating but for the Latin one.

She heard the others walking past the library and waited by the door, out of sight. She knew that Archie was always one of the last ones to get to the gym so when he walked by she grabbed his arm and pulled him inside the doors then shut them.

" Hey what the-... oh it's you. I heard about your little fight with Will. What was that all about?" Archie asked, a smirk across his face.

" Nothing. Now-" but she was cut off.

" So you just decided to beat his senseless for no reason whatsoever?" Archie asked.

" Look I need your help." Theresa said, turning away from him and trying to her anger under control.

" Why should I do that?" he asked smugly.

Theresa picked up the Latin book and pushed it against his chest then pushing him against the wall. She glared into his steel eyes and then spoke in a low voice.

" Just do it." then she pressed on the book and pushed away.

Archie held the book in his hands and looked at her oddly for a few seconds. Then he opened the book and began to flip through the pages.

" What is it that you want me to do exactly?" he asked.

" I need you to translate this." Theresa replied flipping to a marked page.

Archie read it over a few times and then thought. Theresa tapped her foot impatiently and watched him.

" Well?" she asked.

" Well what? This is the book we used to put away the Umbra Dominus. I translated this whole part then. There's nothing new here. Why do you need it anyways?" Archie asked.

" Okay fine. Thanks." Theresa said, her voice sounding much calmer and a lot less angry.

" Tell me why you needed my help." Archie said, determined to get an answer.

" He's back Archie like I said before." she replied.

" Yeah, but you know all this. So what's up and don't think I'll be convinced with 'nothing'" Archie said.

" I saw him, that night up on the roof. And..." she trailed off and heaved a sigh.

" And? What?" Archie asked, wanting to know the full story.

" He's going to go after you and the others. I don't want anything to happen to you guys... especially after what I did last time. I need your help to take him down again. Please Archie." Theresa said.

" Why don't you just talk to Jay?"

" Yeah, after beating his new friend senseless he'll be real understanding. You know you can be such a-" Theresa stopped herself there and regained her thoughts, " Please Archie. We stopped him last time. We can do it again." her voice was much softer.

" Alright. I'll help." Archie said.

" But you can't tell anyone. Not even Atlanta." Theresa said, her voice

Archie thought for a moment considering Theresa's deal. " Okay." And the two shook on it.

" So. What'd you have in mind?" Archie asked.

A sly grin spread across Theresa's face. She went over her thoughts and told him everything. She just hoped that they'd make a good team the second time around.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That night Theresa and Archie walked in the door of the brownstone.

" Where have you two been?!" Jay asked, clearly enraged that they not only missed training but they were no where to be found after that.

Theresa looked to Archie and he smiled. She was glad to know that he was going to keep his promise.

" We were at the library." Archie said.

" The library? You two? Together?" Neil could hardly contain his laughter.

" Yeah. Archie was.... uhhh... teaching me Latin." Theresa added.

" Well I want you to apologize to Will! You broke his nose!" Jay said to Theresa.

" Fine." Theresa said.

" Good. Will!" Jay said, calling Will in.

" Hey Theresa." Will said, standing behind Jay.

" Hey Will." Theresa said reluctantly.

" Now don't you have something to say to him Theresa?" Jay asked.

" Yeah. I'm sorry." Theresa said.

" Now-" but Jay was cut off.

" I'm sorry alright. Sorry that no one but me can see that you're a lying deceiving little rat who had it coming to him. I'm sorry that Jay pulled me away so soon. I'm sorry that I have to stand here and say all of this to you." Theresa said before pushing past the stunned two and trudging upstairs.

" Dude, you're in for it now." Neil said to Jay.

" Yeah. I think that's as good an apology that you'll get out of her." Archie added laughing.

Jay apologized to Will for Theresa's behaviour and then said goodbye. Then he turned to Archie and glared at him.

" What is going on?" he asked sternly.

" What do you mean?" Archie asked, trying to hide the fact that he knew something.

" With Theresa." Jay said.

Archie sighed and told him everything. He just couldn't stand lying.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Well I'm going to leave you there for now. I know that I'm making Theresa into a real mean person but there's a reason for it. Trust me. Not much else to say here. Send me a review and let me know what you think. Constructive critism is always welcome. And could you please tell me what you like or don't like about my stories instead of just one liners like 'it was great' or 'update soon'. Not that I don't appreciate all the reviews you send but I want to get some more feedback. Well I'll try to update soon. Cheers;D
Sign up to rate and review this story