Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Reign Of Darkness

Secrets

by story_master 6 reviews

When the new kid at school befriends Jay quickly the others get suspicious. Especially when Jay starts to ignore, keep secrets from them and even hurt Theresa. But when the team confronts him thing...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-02-13 - Updated: 2007-02-13 - 1482 words

1Exciting
Tory: Hey there! Sorry for not updating sooner. Tons of homework in semester two. But I'm procrastinating right now so I thought I should update. And to answer the question Is this the beginning of A/T? It may be and it may not be. lol. Not much else to say here. So on with the story and enjoy!

Disclaimer: Don't own it, never will, just my stories.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Theresa sat on the roof and watched the sun go down. She felt a little bad for yelling at Will, but she couldn't let an evil undead being hurt her friends. She heard the door click open and footsteps make their way over to her.

" Hey." a voice said.

" Hi." Theresa sighed.

" I told them."

Theresa stood up and spun around to face Archie. " What?!" she cried with anger.

" Hey. I said I told them. I didn't say it was the truth." Archie grinned.

Theresa relaxed a little and then sat back down. Archie sat beside her. He noticed how worried and tense she was.

" What did you tell them?" Theresa asked, breaking his thoughts.

" I told them that you had been doing some extra training with Persephone. And that is was messing with your emotions. You have been doing some extra training with her so if they ask her she'll say yes." Archie said with a grin.

" Thanks." Theresa said, sighing again.

" Everything okay?" Archie asked, noticing a tear roll down her cheek.

" Yeah."

" What's wrong?" he asked, his voice sincere.

" Nothing."

" Theresa I fight with you all the time, but it doesn't mean that I don't care. And I know that there is something bugging you so what is it?" Archie said.

" It's Jay." Theresa said quietly.

" What about him?" Archie asked, slightly confused.

" I thought he liked me but then he said that we were just friends and that was all we were." Theresa admitted, her voice still quiet.

" So?" Archie asked, still not getting where she was going with all this.

" So nothing. I really liked him Archie. How would you feel if Atlanta said that you two were 'just friends' and that was all?" Theresa asked, a little angry at his insensitiveness.

Archie didn't say anything to that. He did have a smart ass remark but he kept it to himself. He and Theresa may have had their differences but he couldn't stand to see her in misery, at least misery that wasn't caused by him.

More tears rolled down Theresa's cheeks as she tried to keep her emotions in check. Not that it was working too well. Then without warning Archie pulled her into a hug, shocking her for a moment.

" What are you doing?" Theresa asked slowly.

" I'm being nice. So just be quiet and enjoy the moment." Archie replied, earning a small laugh from Theresa.

The two sat there for awhile, Theresa leaning into Archie's comforting hug and Archie actually being nice to her and listening. The two were completely unaware that they weren't alone. In the doorway Jay had stopped. He had gone up to try and talk to Theresa but stopped when he saw the two. He suddenly felt something that he had never felt before. Jealousy. He turned on heel and headed to his room, slamming his door on his way.

The sound of the door slamming caused both Archie and Theresa to jump. Then, realizing how close they were, Theresa stood up.

" I'm going to go meditate." she said as she headed for the door.

She stopped and turned back to Archie. " Thanks." she said.

Archie turned and smiled at her. Then she left him alone. Archie stayed on the roof until the sun had disappeared behind the last house. Then he got up and headed inside.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jay paced his room, anger boiling his blood. He couldn't believe the nerve of Archie! Going after Theresa like that. He knew that Jay liked her. He continued to pace his room until he suddenly felt very dizzy. He tried to make it to his bed so he would have a soft landing but he didn't. He swayed and fell to the ground, hitting his head... hard.

The next thing he remembered was hearing the sweet voice of Theresa.

" Jay? Jay? Wake up. Jay?" she called, her eyes studying his face for signs of consciousness.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw the concern on her face.

" Jay! Are you okay?" she asked, concern swirling in her emerald eyes.

Jay couldn't help but think how wonderful she was. Then he remembered what he had seen on the roof and his warm chocolate eyes turned cold.

" I'm fine." he said, pulling himself up off the floor.

" Are you sure? You hit the floor pretty hard." Theresa said.

" I'm fine." Jay replied, the coldness in his eyes evident in his voice.

" O-okay." Theresa said, a little hurt at his tone.

Then she left, closing Jay's doors behind her. Jay sat on his bed and placed his head in his hands. Then he ran them through his hair a few then fell back on his bed.

" What's going on with me?" he asked aloud, knowing he wouldn't get an answer.

He wished he knew what was wrong with him lately. He just couldn't control himself.

" Atlanta's right. I am acting like a psycho." he sighed.

Suddenly Jay started to hear voices. He sat up quickly and strained to hear them. They were faint but they were definitely there. They seemed to be coming from outside. Jay looked out his window then ran out of his room, down the stairs and out the front door.

He followed the voices, which lead him to a cemetery. He continued to follow them through the cemetery and into an eerie forest. He stopped in a clearing and snapped out of the trance he was in. He shook his head and looked around.

" What the...? Where am I?" he asked aloud.

" Don't be afraid Jay." a voice said from the thick darkness that blanketed the trees.

" Who are you? Show yourself!" Jay shouted, taking a fighting stance.

Will walked out of the shadows and stopped a few feet in front of Jay.

" Will?" Jay was definitely not expecting to see him.

" Not exactly." the boy replied.

" But-" Jay was cut off there.

A loud ringing pierced the air and forced Jay to cover his ears. Then he was forced to the ground, trying to block out that sound. The boy walked over to him and kneeled in front of him.

" Don't fight it Jay. You won't win." he hissed before disappearing.

The sound ceased and Jay collapsed on the ground. When he woke the sun was rising. He groaned and headed back home. He kept getting lost and side tracked so it took him a while. But finally he made it.

He snuck in the front door of the brownstone, hoping that everyone was still asleep. But he wasn't as lucky as Neil.

" Jay! Where were you?! Do you know how worried I- we were?!" Theresa said in a harsh whisper, not wanting to wake the others.

" No where." Jay replied just as harshly.

" What's going on? No one leaves in the middle of the night to go no where. So where were you?" Theresa asked again in the same tone.

" I could ask you the same thing. What's going on with you and Archie?" Jay asked, his voice extremely harsh.

" What? N-nothing." Theresa stuttered.

Jay pushed by her and headed to his room, leaving a very confused and hurt Theresa at the bottom of the stairs.

Archie heard a door slam and emerged from his room and walked down the hall to see what was going on. He looked down the stairs and saw Theresa sitting against the wall with her head resting on her knees.

" Hey Theresa. What's with all the noise?" he asked.

" It's Jay." she muttered in reply.

" What? Did he hurt you? If he did then-" Archie said, suddenly feeling protective over Theresa.

" No. Something's wrong with him." she said, cutting him off.

Archie noticed the small tears in the corners of Theresa's eyes so he slid down next to her. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her into a hug. After a few moments of sitting like that Theresa pulled back. She looked into Archie's steel eyes and something stirred in her. It was a feeling she had never felt for him before. Archie, looking back into Theresa's emerald eyes. The two moved closer together...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Well, I'm going to leave you there for now. I'm so cruel. Ooo, something between Archie and Theresa? Hmmm. Well I'm not gonna say anything on that topic just yet. Don't forget to leave a review telling me your thoughts on the chapter. Constructive critism is always welcome. I'll try to update soon. Cheers;D
Sign up to rate and review this story