Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Reign Of Darkness

Dark Side

by story_master 4 reviews

When the new kid at school befriends Jay quickly the others get suspicious. Especially when Jay starts to ignore, keep secrets from them and even hurt Theresa. But when the team confronts him thing...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-03-03 - Updated: 2007-03-04 - 3018 words

0Unrated
Tory: Okay yes I know I am horrible for not updating sooner. And I am sooo soo so sorry for that. But with physics and chemistry I have homework almost every night and on weekends too. But buses were cancelled yesturday so I had no school and I got some time to write. So here's the next one. Enjoy...

Disclaimer: Don't own it, never will, just my stories.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Theresa suddenly sat up, a cold sweat glistened on her skin. She pushed her hair back and looked around, heart still pounding loudly in her ears. 'A dream. It was just a dream.' she thought as a sigh escaped her.

She glanced at the flashing numbers on her clock- 4 a.m. She groaned as she fell back on her pillow. Then, her mind started to wander... 'Was it a dream? What if it was a vision?.... Jay!' Theresa flung her covers off and slipped quietly into the empty and dark hall. She tip toed to Jay's room and quietly opened his door. Empty. Fear washed over Theresa.

She closed his door and tip toed over to Archie's room. She opened up the door and slipped inside. She found him laying on his bed, sheets throw about and clothes scattered everywhere.

Theresa lightly shook his shoulder and jumped a little when Archie suddenly sat up. He looked around his room for a second, still a little sleepy. Then his eyes rested on the figure before him.

" Theresa?" he asked, trying desperately to focus his eyes.

" Archie, I need your help." she whispered.

" Why? What is it?" he asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

" It's Jay. Something's wrong and we have to find him." Theresa said in an urgent whisper.

" What? Jay's sleeping," then Archie looked to his clock, " like we should be." Then he flopped down onto his bed.

" No he's not. His room is empty. I had a vision and something is going to happen. Something bad." Theresa said, causing Archie to sit up, fully awake.

" What's going to happen?" he asked.

" I'm not sure. But it won't be good. Now come on." she urged as she headed for his door.

" How are we going to find him?" Archie questioned.

" We're not per se. He'll be back around sunrise. We'll have to get him then." Theresa answered, closing Archie's door behind her.

The two both got changed and met downstairs. The sun was just coming up and they paced, waiting for Theresa's vision to come true.

" What exactly are we going to do?" Archie asked as he leaned against the wall.

" We need to figure out what's going on with him." she replied.

" Well the sun is up and Jay's not here. So, if you don't mind I'm going back to bed." Archie said as he turned and headed for the stairs.

But he stopped as the front door clicked open. The two stood there, blocking the only way upstairs, as Jay stumbled into the room.

" Jay! Where were you?" Theresa asked, concern and a little anger clear in her voice.

" Nowhere." Jay replied, a slight harshness to his voice.

" Nobody leaves in the middle of the night to go nowhere. So where were you?" Theresa asked again.

" I told you nowhere." Jay repeated as he stood before the two.

" Jay, I'm worried about you. What's going on?" Theresa said, her voice soft and worried.

" Nothing." Jay nearly shouted in anger.

" Whoa Jay. She just wants to know what's going on." Archie said as he noted the unusual rage flashing in his leaders eyes.

" Jay please tell me. I'm worried about you. Ever since Will started hanging around with you-" but Theresa was cut off there.

" What's your problem with Will? Why do you hate him?" Jay asked, his eyes narrowed at Theresa.

" I just a have a bad feeling about him Jay. My gut feeling has never been wrong. Will isn't who you think he is." Theresa retorted, angry at the fact that she has to explain herself.

" Just because you don't like him doesn't give you the right to attack him at school or say he's not who he is. If you don't like him then deal with it." Jay yelled.

" Jay back off. Theresa's never been wro-" but Archie was cut off there.

Jay grabbed Archie's shirt collar and pushed him up against the wall, glaring fiercely into his eyes. Archie looked back and saw something in Jay he had never seen before.

" You stay out of this." Jay hissed, his voice barely above a whisper.

" Jay what are you doing?" Theresa asked her voice surprised and concerned for Archie.

She tried to pull Jay away but he wouldn't budge. Then she stood between him and Archie and pushed him back, with all the force she could muster up. Archie slid to the ground, his legs no longer willing to support him. A small grin spread across Jay's lips as he looked darkly back at the two.

Jay pushed Theresa against the wall and, pinning her arms back, he brought his face close to hers. " It's all your fault Theresa." he hissed.

Theresa's eyes widened in fear as she tried to get away from Jay. She pushed Jay back and tried to run for it but Jay caught her wrist and held on tight. Theresa spun around and noticed that his eyes flashed between colours. She struggled to free her wrist, wanting to get away from Jay.

Suddenly her wrist slipped free of his strong grip and she fell back. Jay took slow, menacing steps towards her as she backed up. Fear pooled in her eyes as she looked up at him, not sure what she should do. Jay slowly drew his xiphos as he towered above her, his grin still in place. He brought it down but stopped it right above her head.

Her eyes welled up with tears as she realized what he was about to do. Jay's eyes stopped flashing and returned to their normal chocolate brown colour, though confusion laced them. Jay looked at Theresa then dropped his sword, it clattered to the ground loudly. He stumbled back as he noticed the fear in her eyes, the eyes that were boring into his very soul.

He heard footsteps behind him and turned to see his other teammates behind him, shocked expressions on his face. His eyes shot to Archie who was kneeling beside Theresa. He looked at him for a while, as if Archie held the answer to it all. Then he ran, he just ran. The front door swung open and hit the wall as Jay raced out of the brownstone.

He ran away from them. He ran away from it. The thing that now consumed him. That now consumed his soul. He wasn't sure what 'it' was, but he knew that he needed to get away from it. So he ran, long and hard. But his running only brought him closer to what he was running from. It circled him, caged him and trapped him. There was no escape.

Jay found himself back at the forest he was at the night before, though he didn't quite remember being there. He felt as though he had never seen that place before but it was all so familiar. He stopped in the middle of a clearing and looked around, his mind racing. Then there was that piercing ring. It echoed through the air and Jay felt himself being pulled down.

Inside him a war raged on as a dark side of him fought to be free. Inside Jay felt as though he was being pulled down into a dark place. A place that sent chills through him. He found his eyes losing focus as the world began to spin. Then he felt nothing, just a numb tingling that soon subsided.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archie tried to help Theresa up from her spot on the floor but she pushed his hand away and ran past the others, up the stairs. Archie stood up and leaned back against the walls, his eyes lowered, avoiding the others. They all walked over to him and Atlanta asked what they were all thinking.

" What was that about?" she asked in a quiet voice.

Archie didn't answer. He seemed to be off in his own little world. Atlanta looked back to the others then placed a hand on Archie's shoulder. His head snapped up and he looked at her, his eyes out of focus as if he saw right through her.

" Archie? Is everything okay?" she asked, her voice still low.

" We.... we have to find Jay." he replied slowly, his eyes still unfocused.

" I'll see if I can track his PMR." Odie said as he headed back to his room to retrieve his laptop.

The others all sat down in the living room, waiting for Odie to come back. But Archie went upstairs. He had to find Theresa. He walked past her room and found it empty. So he went up to the roof and sure enough she was up there. She was standing by the edge of the roof, her arms wrapped around her, staring out at the buildings.

Archie walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder, causing Theresa to jump a little. She turned to face him, tears streaming down her cheeks and quiet sobs escaping her. Archie pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back. He wasn't quiet sure why, but lately he had felt so close to her. Like they shared something special. Something unspoken.

" It's okay Theresa. It's okay." he whispered, trying to calm her down.

" We have to find him." Theresa sobbed quietly.

" Odie's tracking his PMR right now." Archie said, " we'll find out what's wrong with him."

" No. It's not Jay." Theresa said, pulling out of the hug and drying her tears.

" What do you mean? Oh course it's him. Theresa you don't have to be afraid of him. He won't hurt you again, I promise." Archie said, feeling protective over her.

" No Archie. You don't understand. It wasn't Jay. Someone's making him do this." Theresa tried to explain the best she could.

" What do you mean?" Archie still wasn't sure what she was talking about.

" I think Will is making Jay act this way. I know him... Jay would never do something like this." she replied.

" Well what are we going to do?" he asked.

" We can't let the others find him. We have to find him. They won't understand." Theresa said as she headed for the door.

" Where do we start looking then? And how do we make sure that the others don't find him first?" Archie asked, following her.

" Jay didn't have his PMR with him when he came back. And I know where he'll be. Come on." Theresa raced downstairs and past the others, followed by Archie.

The others exchanged glances and looked to Atlanta.

" What's with them?" Odie asked.

" I don't know. But, I'm going to find out." Atlanta replied as she took off after them.

She had followed them pretty easily until she came to a graveyard. She stopped and caught her breath. How she wished she was as lucky as Neil at a time like that. She pulled out her PMR and called Odie.

" Yeah?" he asked, sounding a little busy.

" I lost them. I'm coming back." Atlanta said before she took off back to the brownstone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

" How do you know where he is again?" Archie asked as he followed Theresa through the tangle of trees just past the graveyard.

" I had a vision the other day. It was a clearing in a forest. This is the only forest near here with a clearing like I saw. Trust me." she replied as she continued to maneuver around branches.

The two came to the edge of a clearing and saw a figure standing in the middle of it. Theresa recognized him right away.

" WIll." she whispered to Archie.

They watched for a few moments, trying to decide what they should do. They couldn't call the others because; one they had left their PMR's at the house and two they couldn't let them get to Jay first.

" What is he doing?" Archie asked in a whisper.

" It looks like he's performing some kind of spell. Come on. We can't let him finish it. Who knows what will happen then." she said as she circled around to get closer, without being seen.

Theresa led the way but stopped short and let out a gasp. Archie looked at what she saw and stopped too. Then before either of them could stop themselves they ran out of hiding and charged for Will. Will saw them coming but didn't run. He just stood there and smirked. Then the ear piercing ringing sounded through out the air and forced Archie and Theresa to stop dead in their tracks.

The two pressed their hands to their ears trying to block out the sound but it was no use. Then they fell into unconsciousness. Will let out a small laugh but stopped when he heard footsteps behind him. He turned to see two giant creatures dragging the body of someone very familiar.

" What did you do?" Jay asked, his voice hoarse as he had little strength.

" I didn't do anything to them Jay. It was all you." Will replied, a smirk on his face at the sight of Jay's shock.

The ringing sound echoed through the air again and Jay too fell unconscious. Then Will and the two giant creatures left the bodies of the three heroes in the clearing. 'I told them I'd be back. I told them they'd pay.' Will thought as he disappeared into the shadows.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Theresa sat up in bed, beads of cold sweat covered her body. Her breathing was choppy and her heart was racing. She looked at the clock-4 a.m.

" That can't be." she whispered in disbelief.

She swung her legs over the side of her bed and leaned back on her hands- bad idea. She nearly cried out at the pain that shot through her wrist. She held it for a moment, waiting for the pain to go away then she looked at it. It was swollen and coloured many shades.

" It wasn't a dream. But then... how'd I get back here?' she wondered aloud.

She got up and tip toed to Jay's room. She slowly opened up his door and found it empty. Fear washed over her again. She closed his door again and jumped when a hand came down on her shoulder. She spun around to face Jay and froze in fear.

" You okay Theresa?" he asked, it sounded like the Jay she knew.

Theresa backed up against the wall, her eyes searching his face for an answer.

" Theresa?" he asked, seeing that look on her face.

He took a step towards her but stopped when she shut her eyes tight and held her hands up to shield herself. That's when Jay noticed her wrist.

" What happened? Who did this to you?" Jay asked, taking her wrist gently in his hands.

" Y-you don't remember?" Theresa stammered slightly, her mind racing and heart still thudding.

" Remember what?" Jay asked, clearly confused.

" N-nothing. Goodnight." Theresa rushed her words out then pushed past Jay and headed back to her room, leaving Jay very confused.

She sat down on her bed and tried to sort through all her swirling thoughts. She thought for a long time and before she knew it it was time for school. She got ready then headed downstairs. The others were all up and chatting with each other. It was just like any other morning.

" What happened to your wrist Theresa?" Atlanta asked when the pyschic walked in.

Theresa just gaped at her for a moment before replying. " I uhh, sprained it. It's no big deal."

" Okay." Atlanta said.

Theresa sighed, happy that her excuse was good enough. 'I can't believe that they don't remember? Or... maybe it never really happened. Maybe it was all just a dream.' Theresa's thoughts were interrupted by Jay.

" Theresa come on. We're going to be late for school." he called from the doorway.

" Coming." Theresa said as she ran over to him.

Jay smiled at her as she climbed into Herry's truck. He was glad that she was speaking to him now. But something still felt wrong. He just couldn't put his finger on it.

The ride to school was fairly quiet. There was only the occasional complaints from Neil, or the quiet chit chat of Archie and Atlanta. When they heroes got to school they are rushed for the doors. All but Theresa. She made her way slowly to the doors and Archie noticed this. He pulled her aside and demanded answers.

" Why didn't you tell them?" Archie asked.

" Tell them what?" she asked, a little confused.

" That Jay did that to you. That Will is evil." Archie said in a loud whisper as he pointed to her wrist.

" Y-you remember?" Theresa asked.

" Yeah. Why don't the others though?" Archie replied.

" I don't know. Jay doesn't even remember." Theresa said as they began to walk to their lockers.

" We should go talk to Persephone at lunch." Archie suggested.

" Okay. I'll meet you by the doors." Theresa said as she ran off to her first class.

There were so many questions that they needed answered and little did they know, time was running out.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Okay there you have it! Sorry again for not updating sooner. I hope that you enjoyed it. If any of this is a little or very confusing feel free to leave a review with your questions and I'll try to answer them the best I can. Well not much to say here. I will definitely update next weekend that is a promise. My march break starts friday so I will be updating all my stories and possibly adding in those one shots I said I would do a while ago. So don't forget to leave a review with your thoughts. Cheers!;D
Sign up to rate and review this story