Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Reign Of Darkness

Just Adding To The Confusion

by story_master 4 reviews

When the new kid at school befriends Jay quickly the others get suspicious. Especially when Jay starts to ignore, keep secrets from them and even hurt Theresa. But when the team confronts him thing...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-04-06 - Updated: 2007-04-06 - 2061 words

0Unrated
Tory: I'm ALIVE! lol. I am SO sorry for not updating in such a looooong time! I feel soooo bad! I was falling behind in homework for one of my classes and had to catch up, plus things have been a little messed up here- sib problems and such. I also at one point was kinda depressed and lost the will to write anything! But now I'm back, good as new, and ready to jump back into my stories! Sorry for taking so long. Please don't hate me.

Disclaimer: Didn't own it before, and don't own it now.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Just Adding To The Confusion

" Archie!" Theresa called as she raced towards him.

He smiled as she came up to him then, looking around to make sure they were alone, he slid his medallion into the slot on the janitors door. The arm spun around and made a faint 'ding', then the door clicked open. Archie grabbed his medallion and shoved it back in his shorts' pocket. Then he led the way into the small, cramped room. Theresa pulled on the light string and the door slammed shut. The portal materialized before them and they raced to Persephone's solarium.

" Persephone?" Theresa called out into the dark the room.

" That's weird. Normally she's here." Archie thought aloud as he wandered into the room.

" Something I can help you with children?" Hera's voice caused the two to jump.

They spun around and silently sighed that it was only her. " We're looking for Persephone. Do you know where she is?" Theresa asked.

" I'm sorry Theresa. But Persephone isn't here right now. She's gone down to the Underworld to visit Hades. She won't be back for a few days." Hera replied, then added, " Is there anything that I can help you with?"

" Actually-" but Archie was cut off.

" No. That's okay. Thank you Miss Hera. We'd better get back to school." Theresa said as she pushed Archie out of the room.

Hera smiled as they left then went about her business. Theresa shoved Archie through the portal and then followed.

" What was that about? Why didn't you let me tell her?" he asked, a little angry at her.

" Archie, the less people- or gods- that know, the better. We don't know what's going on here, or who we can trust. We have to be careful." Theresa replied, leaning against a shelf in the small closet.

" So, you're telling me that we can't even trust the Queen of the Gods?" Archie asked.

" I'm saying that we need to figure out what's going on before we can trust /anyone/." she replied.

" Then what makes you so sure we can trust Persephone?" he retorted.

" I'm not sure. But she is the only one that will know what my visions mean. We have to trust her." she stated.

" Fine. Let's just get back to lunch. I'm starving." Archie said, leaving that argument unfinished- he couldn't afford to get Theresa angry at him right now.

" Fine." she agreed.

Archie opened the door and was about to walk out when Theresa tripped and fell into him. They both twisted a little and went sprawling onto the floor, in a very awkward position. Theresa felt something on her and looked up to see Archie lying across her, groaning. She was just glad that no one was around to see them like /that/. But, as if on cue, stifled laughs floated around them.

Both teens snapped their heads up to see none other than Jay and Will, standing there. Archie scrambled up and then helped Theresa up.

" Are you two okay?" Will asked, still laughing a little.

" We're fine." the two replied simultaneously.

" What were you doing in the... uhhh janitor's closet... /together/?" Will stressed the last word, and failed to notice a slightly angry Jay beside him.

" Nothing!" they both shouted.

" Really?" he quirked an eyebrow.

" Come on Will. Let's go. We'll leave these two to finish up whatever they were doing." Jay said, the same slight harshness to his voice as in Theresa's 'vision'.

" We weren't doing anything!" Theresa defended.

But Will and Jay just left the two alone. Jay didn't know what was going on with him lately. He suddenly felt angry all the time, and wanted to lash out at the world.

Theresa watched sadly as Jay left- she had seen the hurt in his eyes be swallowed up by rage. Archie placed a comforting hand on her shoulder when he noticed her expression.

" Don't worry Theresa. We'll figure this out and Jay will be back to his old self in no time." he said.

She just numbly nodded in reply then turned and headed for the doors. There was still about a half hour left of lunch so the two decided to eat outside. The sat in silence for most of it, the only talking was about random things like the weather, or homework. Theresa wasn't in the mood to talk- she wanted, no needed, to find out what was going on with Jay.

The bell rang and the two headed to class. The afternoon went by in a blur as both were consumed by their thoughts. Theresa was thinking about Jay and Archie found himself thinking about Theresa. They met at their lockers after school and headed out the doors.

" Hey guys! Where ya going?" Neil called from the door of Herry's truck.

" School project. We have to research the wildlife of the city." Archie called back, completely lying through his teeth. But Theresa had said that they couldn't trust anyone.

The red truck roared by them and Theresa felt eyes on her, she looked to the vehicle as it drove past and caught Jay's gaze. But just as quickly as she had caught it, he broke it and looked straight ahead of the truck.

Archie and Theresa headed to the park and took a seat at one of the picnic tables. Archie laid down across one of the benches and closed his eyes for a few seconds.

" Hey Theresa? You going to be okay?" he asked, hearing her breathing elevate.

She didn't answer. Archie sat up and looked at her through piercing steel eyes. " Theresa?" he asked, worried about her.

She nodded and looked up at him- she had been resting her head on the table. " Why don't they remember?" she asked.

" Maybe we're just imagining things and it was all a dream." Archie suggested.

" How could both of us have the same dream?" she asked.

" Well what do you remember from... whatever it was that happened to us?" he asked.

" I remember that we went to that clearing in the forest and saw Will. Then there was this loud piercing ring and the nothing." she replied.

" It must have something to do with that ringing then. That's all I remember too." he said.

" I think you're right. We were the only ones that heard it. That must be why we're the only ones that remember." she said, things starting to come together a little.

" How will we know for sure though?" he asked, kind of killing the moment.

" We'll have to see if Jay goes there again." she replied.

" You mean like follow him?" Archie asked.

" Yeah. We'll have to do it this weekend. The same night as last week when he snuck out." she replied.

The two made a plan to follow him, and waited anxiously for the weekend. They didn't have to wait long. The week whizzed by in no time and soon it was Friday.

" Theresa!" a voice called through the crowd of students in the halls.

She turned away from her locker and looked for the source of the voice.

" Theresa!" now she recognized it. She turned back to her locker and hoped that he wouldn't come over to her. No luck.

" Theresa, hey." Jay said.

" Hi." she replied, not wanting to talk to him anymore than necessary.

" I was... uhh.. wondering if I could ask you something." he said, his eyes going to the ground as he rubbed the back of his neck- kinda like Archie did when he was nervous.

" I guess." she sighed.

Jay looked puzzled at her reply but continued anyway. " I was wondering if you wanted to... uhhh.... go see a movie tomorrow night... with me?" he asked.

Theresa froze. Had he just asked her out on a date? Her mind swirled as thoughts clouded her judgment. She had been waiting so long for him to ask her out. She lowered her head and sighed heavily. Then she looked up to him through sad eyes and noticed the hope in his. She knew that she'd be kicking herself for this later if she said the wrong thing.

" Jay.... I-" but Theresa didn't get the chance to finish that sentence.

" Theresa! Could I talk to you for a minute. You won't mind will you Jay?" Archie asked, suddenly appearing beside the red head and yanking her away. He pulled her down the hall a little ways then let go of her arm and began to pace.

" What is it Arch?" she asked, causing him to stop dead in tracks. He looked at her- she had never called him 'Arch' before, only Atlanta had ever called him that. But he quickly regained his thoughts and looked at her sternly.

" What did Jay ask you?" he demanded, sounding kind of like an over protective father.

" He wants me to go to the movies with him tomorrow night." she replied, looking back at Jay who was leaning against the lockers waiting for her.

" What did you say?" he asked.

" I didn't have time to say anything to him because you pulled me away." she replied.

" What were you going to say then?" he asked, pacing again.

" I was going to say yes." she replied, lowering her head to escape his angry glare.

" Don't. Say no." Archie ordered.

" What?" Theresa's head snapped up and she looked at him.

" Theresa, you said it yourself: 'we can't trust anyone'. Who knows what Jay might do to you." he explained.

" Archie I told that it wasn't Jay doing that. I'll be fine. Plus, it'll be a good chance to try and get some answers out of him." she retorted.

" Yeah, that's a great plan!" he stated sarcastically, " 'Cause last time we asked him it went so well."

" Just stay out of it okay. I can go on a date with him if I want to. Who died and made you boss?" she asked, getting angry very fast.

" Look, I just don't want you to get hurt." he said, lowering his gaze.

" In case you didn't realize Archie I am fully capable of taking care of myself. I'm not a child." she stated.

" Well, what are you waiting for then?" he asked snarkily before turning and disappearing around the corner.

She started back to Jay but looked back to where Archie was, she fumed at the thought of him. Then she turned to see Jay looking at her with those hopeful eyes that made her melt.

" So? Will you go with me?" he asked.

Theresa's mouth didn't seem to be working so she just nodded a yes. Jay's eyes lit up and he pecked her on the cheek.

" Great! I've gotta go see Hera, but I'll talk to you back home." he said as he took off down the hall.

Theresa sunk to the floor. She was stunned, she had no idea what to think anymore. She leaned her head back against the lockers and sighed. She should be ecstatic, but she felt a knot of dread in her stomach. All thoughts of Jay hurting her and Will being evil had fled her mind but something else was eating away at her. She knew that something was going to go wrong.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Okay again so sorry for not updating anything in a while! Please don't hate me! Oooo, a cliffy! Heehee I just love them. ;P Well leave a review letting me know what you think about this chapter. If you do I will give you a virtual cookie- they're not as good as real cookies but they're still pretty good. ;P I'll try to update sooner, but I can't promise anything. Midterms are coming up soon. But I'll update a few more stories over the long weekend! Happy Easter to everyone! Cheers!;D
Sign up to rate and review this story