Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Reign Of Darkness

Date Night

by story_master 3 reviews

When the new kid at school befriends Jay quickly the others get suspicious. Especially when Jay starts to ignore, keep secrets from them and even hurt Theresa. But when the team confronts him thing...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-08 - Updated: 2007-07-08 - 2079 words

0Unrated
Tory: Hey! First off SO sorry it's been an eternity since I last updated. Second: please don't kill me. But I'm back, I have the summer to write freely! And I'm ready to dive back into my abandoned CotT fics. I really feel so bad about leaving them this long. Well here's the next one, Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Didn't own it before, and don't own it now.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Date Night

Theresa sat on her bed fuming. It was saturday night and clothes were scattered around her room as if a small tornado had gone through. She had been up there for many hours going through every piece of clothing she owned- nothing seemed right for the occasion.

A knock came to the door and Theresa sighed. "Who is it?" she asked, trying not to sound too angry at the disturbance.

"It's me." the voice instantly sent Theresa's blood boiling.

"Go away." she said through clenched teeth, trying not to scream at the poor boy.

"I want to talk to you. Can I come in?" he asked.

"No. Now go away." she replied.

"Theresa, please. I need to talk to you." he said.

She got up and swung her door open. "You had plenty to say at school yesturday. I am trying to get ready for my date with Jay. I don't care about whether or not you think it's a good idea. Now unless you want to be my punching bag I suggest you leave me alone and I mean NOW!" she screamed at him, all patience long gone.

Then she slammed the door, leaving a very stunned Archie to walk back down stairs. He slummed onto the couch beside Herry and heaved a sigh.

"So..." Atlanta said coming in from the kitchen, they had all heard the last half of Theresa's rant.

"What?" came Archie's rather cold reply.

"What exactly did you do to Theresa to make her so pissed at you?" Neil asked, rather bluntly, what they were all thinking.

"I didn't do anything." he stated.

"Well Theresa doesn't normally flip like that. So you must've done something to make her so mad." Atlanta stated matter-o-factly.

"Is it so bad to want to save a friend?" he asked loudly before stomping to his room, slamming his door before falling onto his bed.

"Geesh. What's with those two this week?" Neil asked, returning his attention to the t.v.

"I don't know, but I'm going to talk to Theresa." Atlanta said, still gazing at the spot where Archie had disappeared.

She walked to the second floor and stopped at Theresa's room. From inside she could hear low cursing and things being thrown about. Shaking her head, Atlanta lifted her hand and knocked.

"Archie I swear if that's you...." the psychic started angrily.

"It's Atlanta." the younger girl said.

After hearing a few things being moved around, and more cursing, the door swung open and Atlanta was dragged into the war field now known as Theresa's room. Then the door was shut and locked again.

"What... happened in here?" Atlanta asked rather stunned at the mess.

"Can you help me? I need to find an outfit for my date with Jay tonight. But I have absolutely no idea what to wear. Nothing seems right." Theresa said, falling onto her bed.

"Uhhh, sure.... wait. You have a date with Jay? When did that happen?" Atlanta asked a smirk creeping across her face.

"He asked me yesterday after school. Why?" Theresa replied.

It was silent for a few seconds before a slap and a surprised screech echoed through the air.

Theresa sat up rubbing her arm. "What was that for?" she asked, still stunned.

"He asked you yesterday and you're only telling me now?" Atlanta wasn't really one for gushing over boys or clothes or dates, but talking with Theresa about that stuff was fun. And it meant there was lots of opportunity for teasing.

"Sorry. I've just been kind of busy... ya'know, thinking." Theresa said.

"Hey, I thought you were ignoring Jay." Atlanta said, plopping down on the bed beside her friend.

"No... well I was... I mean.... I don't know! He asked me and looked so.... ugh! You didn't see the look in his eyes Atlanta. I just couldn't say no to him." Theresa said, laying back down and resting her arms across her eyes.

It was silent for a little while before Theresa felt the bed shift and something land on her stomach. She sat up and found a pair of blue jeans and a red halter top laying there. Then she looked to Atlanta and raised an eyebrow in question.

"What? You said you needed help picking an outfit. Those look good together. There's your outfit for your date." the spunky girl smiled proudly.

"Thanks." Theresa said hugging her, before walking up to her mirror.

"Hey, Theresa?" Atlanta asked, sitting back down on the messy bed.

"Yeah?" she had gone behind the mirror, where she had made a small changing area.

"Are you okay?" she asked cautiously.

Theresa poked her head around the side of the mirror. "What do you mean?" Then she disappeared again.

"Well all week you've been acting... well you haven't really been yourself. Both you and Archie have been acting really out of it." she explained.

"Oh... /that/. Me and Arch are partners for some project in art class. We have to do some research and then make something from a certain time period. We're doing Greek times." Theresa replied. It wasn't completely a lie- they were partners for art class, but that's not what they were doing.

Atlanta just kind of nodded as Theresa came out in her outfit. She spun around a few times.

"What do you think?" she asked, stopping and looking hopeful.

"It looks awsome. Jay won't be able to keep his hands off you." Atlanta said, laughing a little.

Theresa laughed too and pelted a pillow towards Atlanta. She dodged it and raced out the room, taking a quick second to shout back: "Have fun!"

On her way down the stairs she ran into Jay, literally. They both sprawled across the ground, Jay groaning and Atlanta still laughing.

"Sorry Jay." she managed to get out between laughs.

"It's okay. Were you just in Theresa's room?" he asked as the two got up and dusted themselves off.

"Yeah. She's almost ready."

And as if on cue, Theresa came down the stairs and stopped at the bottom.

"Hey Theresa." Jay said, awe struck by how outfit.

"Hi Jay." she replied rather shyly.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

She nodded and the two left. For some reason all doubt fled Theresa, and the butterflies she thought she'd gotten rid of long ago, filled her stomach. She wrapped her arms around Jay's and leaned on him as they walked. The moon was still rather low in the sky and the night air peaceful.

"So what movie are we going to see?" Theresa asked as they made their way downtown.

"It's a surprise." he smiled.

They got to the theatre and Jay bought the tickets then led Theresa to their seats. He still hadn't told her what movie it was and she was excited to find out.

o.o

"Hey Arch? Is it okay to come in or are you gonna snap again?" Atlanta asked with a teasing tone, not that Archie took it that way.

"What?" he called tiredly through the door.

Atlanta risked it and opened his door. Clean. 'That's a surprise.' She noted as she went and sat on his computer chair. He raised an arm off his eyes and looked at her questioningly.

"Wanna do something?" she asked, spinning around.

"Like what?" he asked, his tone still not warm.

"Geez, what's with you? All week you've been off doing some project work with Terrie and then you snap downstairs for no reason. What's going on?" she asked.

"Nothing." he sighed, "I've just been... stressed about things."

"What kind of things?" she prodded.

"The whole Saya Sardaar thing. Last time it was just... messed up. Ya'know. I don't want that to happen again." he said.

"We all feel the same way Arch. But we can't do anything until we find out what he's planning or where he is." she said trying to comfort her troubled crush.

"I know. But still..."

"Hey! You want to go boarding? We haven't hung out in a while. And it'll help you relax." she smiled.

"Sure. Meet ya downstairs?" Atlanta nodded and headed for the stairs.

o.o

The sound of metal against metal and stone echoed in the dark room. Then footsteps silenced it.

"Now, now. You're going to wear yourself out if you keep that up. Then how will you save your friends?" Will sneered at his prisoner.

"Your trick isn't going to work. They'll see through it and when they do they'll hunt you down. We'll get you just like we did last time." came the oh-so-confident reply.

"About that. I found a way to get out of it. As you've probably already guessed, I'm not completely free yet. And I won't be unless..." he paused, smirked at his prisoner's struggle. "...unless I spill the blood of those who trapped me."

"The-theresa and Archie..."

"That's right. Your precious friends. And you're going to help me."

"I'd rather go to the deepest pits of Hades than help you."

"Too bad. You don't have a say in the matter. In fact as we speak I've already started to gain control of your conscious. It'll only be a matter of time now." Will said.

He was about to leave when he stopped and turned around, one last taunting thought he had to leave with his prisoner.

"You know, Theresa's a pretty girl. When I rule these worlds maybe I'll make her my pet." he smirked at the rage he'd triggered.

"Touch her and I'll kill you myself."

"Temper, temper Jay. You'd do best to keep quiet. It's comments like that, that will force me to get rid of you... permanently." Will threatened.

Then he left Jay to dwell on things. 'Guys, you'd better hurry up and figure this out... otherwise it'll be too late. Come on Archie... Theresa.... you guys can figure this out.' He knew that if anyone would suspect something, it'd be those two. Especially after what had happened before.

o.o

"That movie was perfect!" Theresa said as she spun in the street.

'Jay' laughed as she continued to spin and jump around.

"Theresa!" the call came from down the street and two figures were heading their way.

"'Lanta!"

"Hi." Archie said coldly when Atlanta nudged him.

"Jay, you won't mind if I steal your date away for a minute do you?" Atlanta asked.

He shook his head.

"Be back in a sec Arch." Atlanta waved as she dragged Theresa off.

"So....?" Theresa asked as they stopped in the park near the boys.

"Okay, you have to promise not to be mad though." Atlanta said seriously.

"Mad about what?" she asked slowly.

"Terrie..."

"Okay, I promise."

"Archie told me what you two were really doing. Why didn't you tell me? I thought we could tell each other anything." she sounded hurt.

"I'm sorry 'Lanta. But we needed to make sure we were right. I mean we couldn't just go around asking people, could we?"

"When were you going to let the rest of us in on this?"

"I was going to talk to Arch and we were going to tell you guys tomorrow, after we followed Jay back to that field."

"Field? What are you going on about?"

Theresa sighed and told Atlanta everything, from the suspicions to following Jay to her 'visions', everything. Afterwards she just looked to her younger friend hopefully.

"Well...?" she began.

Atlanta was about to reply when her eyes went wide and her mouth hung open a little. Theresa turned around to see what she was looking at and found Archie and Jay fighting full out in the middle of the street.

'Ugh, and the night had been so perfect too.' Theresa thought as they made their way over there.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tory: Okay once again SO sorry for not updating in an eternity and a half. But I hope you all liked this. It's not my best but it's an update. I'll definitely have the next one up soon. Not much else to say here. Please review! I've missed you all so much! It's good to be back!
Sign up to rate and review this story