Categories > Original > Fantasy > Tamers

Arriving at RAFT

by Crazy_Chex_Mix 0 reviews

Dennis, Randy, Frozel, and Janimba finally arrive at RAFT. Meeting four of their new roommates.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-02-10 - Updated: 2007-02-10 - 995 words

-1Illiterate
"Wake up!" Dennis's mother yelled to the boys and Slamina.
Dennis, Frozel, and Randy got up quickly, all hyped up and excited for the first day at RAFT. Janimba on the other hand got up slowly and sounded exhausted.
The boys got ready for their first day at RAFT. They put on uniforms the school sent them. They packed almost all their things and their rooms was almost completely bare. Living at RAFT would be a dream come true to both Randy and Dennis.
It was still dark outside. They had to ride on a flyer Slamina to get to Remat fast enough. They collected their belongings and put them at the front door. Randy and Dennis were shaking with excitement and awaited for their parents.
Their parents came up with smiles. The fathers had proud expressions on their faces. The mothers had a sadden expression on their faces. Tears were in their eyes, they all knew this inevitable moment would have come in their lives sooner or later. The parents each hug their child and kissed them. They opened their and let the boys out to the doors. They also followed the boys to the flyer.
The flyer was huge, it was a huge eagle with other kids on it. Parents surrounded the gigantic bird, hugging each other and watching their children go away for what would seem to them like forever.
Randy, Janimba, Dennis, and Frozel, got on the eagle. They were other kids on the eagle a lot of them. The boys got down in th pouch-like thing on the eagle and strapped them down.
"Good Morning, children, and welcome to Ello's back. I am his tamer, Jim," the pilot welcomed.
There were murmurs of hi's and hello's from the children.
"Okay.... strap down and be ready for a crazy ride," Jim warned.
The eagle took off. Dennis and Randy looked back and saw all of the parents waving to their kids good-bye. The air breezed through them. They were all sleeping by now. They quickly arrived there.
"Wakey, wakey! We're here," Jim announced.
The kids all stirred in their wake. Series of yawns erupted through all the kids and they awoke slowly. They all grabbed their bags and sluggishly got off the bus.
"Thank you for riding Jim's and Ello's flying service," Jim thanked.
The stood up on a single file line and got off Ello one by one. Dennis, Randy, Frozel, and Janimba finally got off and saw the other confused kids. Being only 5 years old, both of them were extremely smart. They saw the flags where is said the names of the capitals and said "Arrivals come Here." Soon after they left, the little kids soon followed them.
"Welcome, welcome, to Remat Academy for Tamers. I am your Headmaster Elder Kaysho. Please, Beginner rank please go to the desks with your home city. Novice rank proceed to inside to show that you arrived here. Rookie rank please go to your assigned rooms and make sure you sign in and have someone return the piece of paper to a Trainer. Apprentice rank please help anyone who has a problem and then return to your assigned rooms," Elder Kaysho instructed.
Elder Kaysho had on an elegant gown. She had a beautiful crown. She wore gold colors with white. She was tall and elegant looking, using her blue eyes to look at everyone. A dolphin stood behind her. The dolphin was wearing exactly the same things as Kaysho, but she was floating and didn't have a crown on.
All of the kids did as instructed as were off in different directions. Dennis and Randy went to the Yeknom flag and signed in.
"All four of you are in room 199," the Champion ranked Tamer said.
They all picked up their luggage and headed to their room.
"197...198....199!," Dennis said as he entered the room. The room had 8 beds with 4 of them already occupied.
"Welcome to room 199," a little kid shorter than Dennis and Randy said. He wore big glasses and he had nice wavy hairdo. He was scrawny and geeky looking with tape on his glasses.
"Thanks," Randy said putting his stuff on his bed. Dennis, Frozel, and Janimba all did the same as Randy and picked a bed. Their room was now full.
"I'm Dennis and this is Frozel," Dennis introduced and Frozel waved his little fin.
"I'm Randy and this is Janimba," Randy introduced and Janimba waved his trunk at them.
"I am Henry and this is Ukyo," Henry introduced and Ukyo, a chameleon, slid his long, slimy, tongue out and waved it at them.
The last kid looked more like a loner and stayed away from socialization. He wore black everything and had dark, brown, piercing, eyes. His Slamina was almost extremely different is was a butterfly. It had two magnificent wings, with designs so beautiful with a mix of different colors. Its two antennae we long and its eyes were big and bright.
"I don't know his name yet," Henry said, scratching his head.
"His name is Leon, and I am Kofree," the butterfly introduced.
"Kofree! I said not to speak to these people," Leon yelled.
"Sorry, Leon," Kofree apologized.
Dennis laid down on his bed and Frozel laid down on his bed. Randy sat up on his bed and Janimba mimicked Randy. Henry sat on his bed too with Ukyo sitting there too. Everything was silent when Leon spoke. Even for a 5 year old he was scary and everyone was afraid to speak again. One by one everyone fell alseep, except Leon and Kofree.
"What's the matter Leon? Aren't you happy here?" Kofree asked his tamer.
"Nothing...yes I am happy here, but its just I want to be the best. Everyone here seems so proper and polite. I am the only orphan here," Leon answered.
"I know, but we will get through this together," Kofree said.
Leon was silent. Kofree sighed and fell asleep. Leon slowly fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story