Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The moon don't hang quite as high as it used to

Chapter Four

by prettypoizon 5 reviews

Lexi has loved. Lexi has lost. The three musketeers became the two musketeers in a matter of seconds. Then Patrick shows up. Can Patrick teach Lexi to love again? A short chapter story. Not qu...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-10 - Updated: 2007-02-11 - 860 words

2Exciting
We had never been to a punk concert before. Or was Fall Out Boy punk? Maybe pop punk. Or emo. What the fuck was emo?

"Lexi," Izzy's voice came from somewhere beside me in the crowd of teenagers, "I feel old."

I turned to her and laughed.

"I know watcha mean."

The band came onstage; A million teenies went wild; a gaggle of girls next to us started screaming, "OH MY GOD! PEEEEETE! I LOVE YOU!"

We were in the very front, pressed up against the barriers. And that's when we got our first look at him. The lead singer;

"Oh, God, Izzy, I think I'm in love!" I yelled over the loud music. For once, I wasn't thinking about Cass; I was enjoying myself.

"In the wake of saturda-ay...SATURDAY-AY!" the lead singer was amazing.

"I know, oh, I just want to kiss him to death!" Izzy moaned, looking longingly up to the stage.

The band finished the song, and the lead singer wiped some sweat off his forehead. He glanced around the crowd, and his gaze fell on Izzy and I. He smiled at us and then the band began another song.

"LEXIIIII! HE LOOKED AT US!" Izzy shrieked.

Some girl beside us snorted and rolled her eyes.

"His name is Patrick!" she yelled over the music.

"Patrick?" Izzy and I asked in unison.

"Yeah! How the fuck did you two wind up here?"

"I won tickets!" Izzy replied proudly.

The girl gave us the dirtiest look I've ever seen; the outrageous amounts of eyeliner circling her eyes made her seem almost evil.

"You guys obviously don't deserve the tickets." She snapped, and turned away from us.

"Bitch." Izzy muttered so only I could hear her. I giggled.

By the end of the concert, Izzy and I were screaming along to songs we'd never heard. Patrick looked at us five- yes, five! - more times. Cass wasn't on my mind. And from the looks of Izzy's ridiculous smiles whenever Patrick looked our way, he wasn't on hers, either.

"You guys have been fucking awesome, good night!" the bassist yelled, and the band left the stage, chased by deafening applauds.

People started leaving. Izzy and I moved with the crowd, and she turned to me;

"We have to find him."

"Patrick?"

"No, Prince William."

I blinked.

"Yes, Patrick, you idiot!"

"Oh..." I laughed and shook my head, "Yeah, good luck with that, Izzy. We're so out of touch with this kind of stuff, we'll never even be able to get back stage."

Izzy looked disappointed as we stepped out into the dark city night, lit up brilliantly by a million lights.

"Wanna go for pizza?"

"We had pizza last night." Izzy replied glumly, shoving her hands in her pockets and kicking a rock across the pavement.

"I know, but I wanna try some of that famous deep-dish stuff."

Izzy shrugged and didn't answer.

"Aw, quit sulking, Iz, neither of us would ever 've had a chance with him." I sighed, leading her down the sidewalk to a pizzeria nearby.


Boy, did I ever choke on those words.
Izzy and I were sitting in a little booth enjoying our deep-dish pizza in sulky silence when Patrick and the drummer walked inside the pizzeria. Izzy's back was to the door; I saw them first, and started choking. Izzy reached across the table and patted my back.

"Are you okay, Lex?"

"I'm- fine," I gasped as the pepperoni dislodged from my throat, eyes watering, "Izzy, turn around."

Izzy threw me a look that clearly said, "Are you okay?" and turned around; I watched her eyes fall on Patrick and the drummer, standing at the front counter, ordering. She spun around and gave me a look of incredibility, then spun back around so fast that she her hair whipped around like a blur. She was leaning so far over the edge of the booth that she was practically falling. She turned around again;

"Lexi!" she whispered loudly, "It's him, it's him!"

"I know, oh my god!"

The two of us watched Patrick with grins on our faces, our pizza forgotten. He pulled his wallet out, laid some bills down on the counter, and pushed it back into his jean pocket. He was turning around...

"Lexi!" Izzy hissed suddenly, spinning around and grabbing my forearm "Don't look at him! There's one more free table, it's right beside ours, pray he stays!"

We bowed our heads over our pizza, munching nervously, but I kept my eye out for Patrick and the drummer. They turned towards the door, dammit, but then the drummer stopped, talking with Patrick; and then, they started walking towards the free table to my right.
The drummer said something to make Patrick laugh; his eyes were sparkling when his gaze fell on our table; me, Izzy, and our messy pizza. I think there was sauce on my chin. The smile dropped from his lips, and recognition replaced the sparkle in his eyes.

"Lexi," Izzy whispered through gritted teeth, "Is he looking at us?"

I tried to move my lips as little as possible as I hissed back;

"Yes. He's coming right for us."
Sign up to rate and review this story