Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And I Wish You Away

Green Tea and Buddha

by haleyxhomicide 3 reviews

Mikey goes to fetch Lilana. I'm on a role!! You guys should be thanking my 5 day weekend for all these quick updates. lol please reveiw!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-11 - Updated: 2007-02-11 - 1922 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3.

"GERARD!!!! I'm leaving!!!!" Mikey called from downstairs.
It was 3pm and he had to be on a plane to San Fransisco in an hour.

Gerard stuck hs head out of his bedroom door, "Do you want me to drive you?" He called down to Mikey.
Mikey shook his head, "Nah, I got a cab waiting outside. I'll call you when I get there ok?"

Gerard nodded, "Ok, be safe, man."
"I'll try."
Mikey walked away and headed out to the cab.
"Newark International Airport please." he told the Indian man driving the cab.
"Oki suh." The man said, and drove away from the his and Gerard's apartment in Belleville.
*****
Mikey quickly payed his cab driver and rushed into the airport, as fast as his legs could carry him.
"Oh fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!" Mikey said under his breathe.
It was 15 till 4 and he had jsut gotten into the building.
He ran up to the front desk of the California flights and frantically searched for his flight number.
"Excuse me miss." He said, turning to face a young, red haired girl, who was popping her gum behind the desk.
"Yeah?"
Mikey rolled his eyes, he hated teenagers who worked in places he needed to be.
"My name is Michael Way, I have a prepaid flight from Brian Schector."

The girl popped her gum again and clicked the mouse on the computer in front of her.
"Can I see some I.D please?"
Mikey rumaged through his messenger bag and pulled out his driver's License.

The girl handed him his I.D back, along with his ticket.
"Just give it to the lady before you board the plane; but you had better hurry." She said pointing towards the clock.

He rolled his eyes again, "Yeah, thanks."

He ran out the door and towards the plane.
Completely out of breathe, he handed his ticket to a woman in a blue suit, who was standing at the entrance of the plane and chose a seat in first class.

MIkey sighed and pulled out his iPod, landing on the Misfits and watching the ground descend below him.

***

Gerard sat in his living room, stuffing himself with Soy Dream Ice Cream, (the only kind of ice cream he liked) and singing along with Tim Curry as he sang "Sweet transvestite".
He set the Soy Dream down and started dancing like a drag queen, touching himself all over the place.
"I'm a ssweeeetttt, transvestite. From Transvestite Transelvaniaaaaaaaaa."
Gerard spun around one more time, to find Frankie staring at him wide eyed.

"Gerard.,.look, I know we grew up with the Rocky Horror Picture Show and all, but sheesh."

Gerard laughed and turned down the volume on the t.v.
"Well, I'm not nearly as sexy as Tim Curry, but I try." He said, rubbing his nipples from the outside of his shirt.

Frank shuddered, "you're so fucking nasty man."

The two men busted out laughing and plopped down on the couch.

Frank picked up Gerard's frozen treat, but Gerard smacked his hand and took it away.
"Get your own goddamn Ice Cream."
"You're a fat man Gerard Way," Frank said, shaking his head as he watched Gerard shovel the stuff into his mouth.

"I know." He said with his mouth full, "But sexy."

Frank rolled his eyes and watched Rocky dance around in his gold hot pants.
"Soooo" he said, tearing his eyes away from the t.v, and back to Gerard, who was still stuffing his face, "Mikey call you yet?"

Gerard shook his head, "nahhh. He's only been gone two hours hour; I don't suppose he'll be there for another hour or so, so he should call then."

Frank nodded his head and grabbed a coke from the cooler Gerard had set on the coffee table.
"It's gonna be weird seeing her again." He said, not taking his eyes off the T.V.

Frank met Lilana, when the guys first started to form MCR, and fell for her right away.
She was 3 inches taller than him, and they always looked funny standing beside each other; but Frank didn't care.
He asked her out right before they left for their first tour for 'Bullets';but she said it just wouldn't work. What with her moving to California and him going all over the place for the band.Frank was broken-hearted and only saw her one time after that. She was at their release show for 'Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge." It was an akward night for the both of them.

Gerard looked over at Frank, who was stroking his Coke can with his thumbs. "Do you still have feelings for her Frank?"

Frank shrugged, "I don't know, I guess I'd just have to see her again, ya know?"

Gerard nodded and looked at his reflection on the spoon he was holding.
He was nervous about seeing his old best buddy again.
They had so much fun as kids, and as teenagers. Always getting into trouble and getting drunk together, with Mikey of course.
He missed her and was hoping and praying to God she would join My Chemical Romance; even thought he felt sorry for Frankie.

***

Mikey stepped off the plane and took a trolly into the heart of San Fransisco.
He looked down at the piece of paper he held in his hands and then looked up at the building in front of him.
"Namaste' Yoga Studios" He read aloud, looking at the sign above the building.

Mikey sighed, took out his phone and dialed Gerard's number.

*******

Gerard reached into his pocket and searched for his cell phone.

Frank raised his eyebrow, "What are you doing?"

"My ass is vibrating." Gerard said, pulling out his phone.

"Hello?"
"Gerard?"
"Mikey! My main man! Where are you?"
"I am, in front of every hippie's dream."
"Ahh, you found the studio."
"Dito."
"Well, why aren't you in there?"
"Well, I'm scared."
"Mikey Way! What the hell are you scared of??"
"You have no idea man, all these kids are walking out, it's like a teenage nightmare."
"Mikey, look man, you perform in front of teenagers for months at a time. Now, I know you're not scared of the kids, quit being shy and go talk to Liliana!"
"But Gerard, I havn't seen her in ages! I don't wear glasses anymore, what if she dosn't recognize me??"
"Do it Mikey, GO!"
"Ok fine. I'll call you later."

"Hhahaha, he's such a weeny." Frank said, holding his stomach as he laughed.

Gerard sniggerd, "He's so shy, I don't know how he ever landed Alicia."

******

Mikey took a deep breath and walked into the studio.
Some strange, new age music was playing and Buddha statues were everywhere.

He walked up to the front desk and saw a young girl with blonde dreadlocks and a nose piercing, typing on her computer.

"Excuse me." Mikey said.
The girl looked up at him and smiled.
"Hey there, how can I help you?"
"I'm here to see Lilana Mathews."
"Do you have a class with her?"

Mikey shook his head, "No, I'm..uh, an old friend, just dropping by to catch up with her."

The girl gave him another warm smile, "She is in a class right now, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you went in and sat for the last 10 minutes."
"Ok great, can you direct me towards the room she's in?"

The girl scribbled down a number on a piece of orange paper and handed it to Mikey.

"Thanks." He said.

"No problem, you have a nice day."

Mikey gave the girl a smile and started walking down a long hallway, with tons of rooms with glass doors.

He walked down the hallway, untill he found a door with the number written down on the paper.
Quietly, Mikey opend the door. He stood there, looking at 30 or more people, all standing on their shoulders, along with Lilana.

"Breathe, and gently roll yourself down and into Savasana." Lilana said to her students.

Everyone rolled down off their shoulders and layed flat on their backs, with their limbs about a foot from their bodies.

Mikey tip-toed past them and sat down on of the bamboo benches in the corner and felt himself nodding off.

*****
Lilana stood up and began to roll her yoga mat up, when she noticed Mikey asleep against the wall.
She smiled, and walked over to him, gently shaking his shoulder.

Mikey jumped and rubbed his eyes, looking up at her.

"Oh, hey sorry about that." He said, standing up and straightening out his jacket.

Lilana smiled, "It's ok Mikey."

He stared at her with wide eyes, "You remember me??"

She laughed heartily, "Of course I do!!! I listen to you guys! Oh, and I am so sorry to hear about Bob."

Mikey scratched the back of his neck and laughed uncomfortably. "Yeah. thanks. Actually, that's why I'm here."
Lilana looked at him with question in her eyes.
"Well, why don't we go grab some coffee and talk about it."
"Ok that'd be great."
"Ok, I just have to change, wait here, I'll be out in a sec."

Mikey watched her walk out of the room and sat down on the bench again.
He looked around the bamboo walled room and wondered why it smelled like his mother's detergent and babies.

Lilana interupted his thoughts, "Ok, I'm ready, Let's go."

Mikey smiled and opened the door for her.

The walked out into the street and ran next door, to a quant little hippy like coffee shop called "Buaniana."

Mikey ordered his coffee and Lilana ordered and iced green tea. They sat by a little window on a red and orange window seat cushion, drinking their beverages.

"So, tell me what brings you all the way out here." Lilana said, taking a sip of her tea.

Mikey too a big sip of his latte and then sighed deeply.
"Well," he began slowly, he didn't want to drag anything out; but asking a woman who teaches celebrities yoga, probobly wasn't going jump at the opportunity to play in a band. "You know about Bob and all."

Lilana nodded her head and eyed Mikey curiously.

"Well, we know he just passed away and all; but those kids need us, as a band. But, a band can't go on without a drummer."

Lilana chuckled slightly. She knew what he was going to ask her; but decided to let him finish what he trying so hard to say.

"And, we all gave it alot of thought, and tried to think of the best drummer we knew. And well, we all agreed that..well...you are pretty much the best around."

"I see.." Lilana said, stiffling a laugh with her green tea pressed firmly to her lips.

"And well..." MIkey cleared his throat. It was dry as hell, despite the coffee he was chugging. "Well, we were wondering...if maybe you'd like to be our new drummer..?"

Lilana looked at him and lowered her tea to her lap. Mikey was releived when a smile spread across her lips.
"Sure, why not." She said, giving him a cheeky smile.

Mikey's eyes went wide, as if he didn't beleive her.
"Just like that??" He asked.

She laughed at him, "Mikey, I go where the wind blows me, and it's obviously trying to tell me something, by you being here. So, let's not defy nature, shall we?"

Mikey chuckled, "Sounds good to me!!"

Lilana raised her cup to his, "To Jersey?"

Mikey smiled and smashed his against hers, "TO JERSEY!!"
Sign up to rate and review this story