Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Our Success Story

C is for Cocky

by indie_chicky 0 reviews

Success has made Brendon Urie cocky.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-02-14 - Updated: 2007-02-14 - 369 words

0Unrated
Success has made Brendon Urie cocky.

"We're pretty much the shit. Am I allowed to say that?"

"As long as it's true."

"Great. Kids, go out and buy our CD. And, if you already have it...go buy another copy."

Everyone in the room was laughing as Brendon and Spencer talked about how great the four of them were. This interview was a lot more relaxed than the last one they had done together. Ryan kept shooting Brendon looks, but Brendon knew not to piss Ryan off. After the last incident, it became clear that Ryan was extremely sensitive about their image. But was it because they had something to hide?

"We just enjoyed making the record so much, and I think it really shows. We're really grateful for all the fans' support."

Brendon rolled his eyes sarcastically. Leave it to Ryan to be the humble one.

"So, what's the best thing about being on tour?"

"Free stuff," Jon chimed in happily and they all laughed again. Brendon spoke, "Seriously, I think it's the fans' reactions, well besides the ones who throw bottles. That's not exactly what I would call fun."

Ryan tensed up, like he did every time Brendon talked about the bottle-throwing incident. That day was the first time he actually thought he might have feelings for Brendon, when he had almost lost him for good. He didn't understand how Brendon could joke about it like it was nothing. Maybe Ryan was blowing it out of proportion, but it still worried him a little every time they went on stage. What would they throw next?

But Brendon seemed invincible. Threats didn't ever bother him. He just shrugged everything off like it was no big deal.

"How do you feel about that day, looking back on it? Does it make you nervous when you walk out on stage?"

Ryan wanted to scream Yes, I worry about every move he makes on stage, but he kept quiet while Brendon shrugged, "Nah. I mean, you can't live your life in fear. No one can touch us, and nothing's going to keep us down."

And as always, Ryan wondered when Brendon's false sense of invincibility was going to come crashing down.
Sign up to rate and review this story