Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Our Success Story

E is for Energetic

by indie_chicky 0 reviews

Success has made Brendon Urie energetic.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-14 - Updated: 2007-02-14 - 604 words

0Unrated
Success has made Brendon Urie energetic.

"Guess what I'm on?"

Back on the tour bus, Brendon was bouncing off the walls, while Spencer and Ryan played cards and Jon ate his fourth bowl of cereal.

"X?" Ryan muttered, picturing Brendon opening a window and jumping out, claiming he could fly. Then, he realized, Brendon would probably do that for five dollars anyway, whether drugs were involved or not.

"Red Bull?" Spencer offered. This seemed like a logical guess, considering that was pretty much all Brendon ever drank. Spencer wondered when his heart was going to explode from the energy drinks, or if it had simply built up immunity to its effects.

"Captain Crunch?" Jon guessed, only half kidding. He knew Brendon could get high off of something as simple as a few grams of sugar.

"Nope. The couch!" Brendon said, pointing to the surface he was sitting on. He laughed to himself, satisfied for the moment with his pointless joke.

Spencer shook his head, "I'm pretty sure you just wasted 30 seconds of my life with that comment."

Ryan and Jon nodded in agreement, and Brendon shrugged as the bus came to a stop. The driver informed them that they had ten minutes before they had to be back on the road. Brendon threw on a hoodie and grabbed Ryan's arm, yanking him out of his seat and toward the door.

"Come on, I want to take a walk."

Ryan agreed. He needed to stretch his legs, and this would be the perfect opportunity. He grabbed his coat and a black pageboy hat. The two of them stepped out of the bus into the bright afternoon sunshine and began walking down the small trail of the rest stop they were at. Brendon hummed for a few seconds as they started to walk, but then he started talking.

"Do you ever worry about the bus not being there when we get back?"

"What?"

"Like, say we take a fifteen minute walk, instead of ten, is the bus going to leave without us?"

"Brendon, it's our bus. I'm pretty sure it's not going to leave without us. And even if they did, things would get a lot quieter and they'd notice you were missing."

"They'd miss you too, you know."

"I guess."

"Everything okay, Ryan?"

I'm taking a walk with the boy I'd like to slam against that tree and have my way with, so yeah, I'm super, Ryan thought sarcastically. "Uh-huh, I'm just tired."

"Not sleeping well?"

"I worry too much."

"About what?"

"What it's going to be like when this is over. It's my biggest fear."

"You want to know what my biggest fear is?"

"Sure."

"Getting to the end of this trail and seeing that the bus is gone."

Ryan turned to Brendon who had cracked a smile, trying to get Ryan to relax. Ryan smiled back and laughed a little, "You're such a moron."

"Stopped you thinking about the end, didn't I?"

"Yeah, I guess you did."

"It won't be so bad, you know. In 20 years, I know we'll still be friends, and even if we're not, you'll always have me. I promise."

"Good, you'll always have me too. I'll come pick you up anywhere if a bus ever leaves you stranded."

They both laughed and came to the end of the trail where Spencer and Jon were waiting with a Coke and some M&Ms from the vending machines. Brendon turned back into that crazy, bouncing psychopath on the bus, and Ryan wondered what happened to that deep, mellow boy he had just shared the most comforting conversation of his life with.
Sign up to rate and review this story