Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Will You Dance To This Beat And Hols A Lover Close?

This is the scent of quarantine wings in a hospital (The bruises and contusions will remind you what you did when you wake)

by leitchy 0 reviews

jon gets told a bit more about ryan's past.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-02-15 - Updated: 2007-02-16 - 850 words

0Unrated
I woke up. Ryan had gone. I rolled over, yawning and stretching and found a note sitting on the bed-side table. I picked it up, curious as to what it said.




Amy,


So very sorry, had to duck out with Brendon. He needed help with something. Spencer's gone home but Jon stayed the night, so at least you aren't alone. There should be stuff left over from breakfast. If not, bug Jon. If he doesn't listen, tell him I'll beat him up if he doesn't. I should be back around lunch.


See you then!


Love Ry xxoo




Aww! How cute! He actually put hugs and kisses at the end of it! I always knew he was a big softie! Growl Hmm, my stomach is telling me it needs food. I pulled on my jeans, but couldn't find my top. Smiling at what happened last night, I searched around for one of Ryan's shirts. I found a bright yellow `Brand New' one. Meh, that'll do. I like their songs.




"Jon! Get your butt out here or you'll have to go without food for the morning!" I called, earning a rushing, half-dressed Jon standing next to me a few seconds later. He actually had quite a nice body. Shaking my head at the thought, I handed him a plate and let him help himself.




"So, what's your favourite Panic! Song?" Jon asked, trying to make casual conversation. "Umm, I quite like `There's a good reason...' and `Camisado'. Then again, Camisado brings back memories which I really don't like to linger on." I said, remembering that night very clearly. I felt a shiver go up my sign. "It's a good song. Kinda weird. Then again, that kid is pretty weird! What don't you like about it?" He asked, looking slightly confused. "Ryan didn't tell you?" He shook his head. "Oh, umm, this is slightly awkward. I don't know if I should tell you. I guess I can, it includes me ... just don't go talking about it to him. Let him bring it up. Is that ok?" Jon nodded.




"Ok. Ever since Ryan was little his Dad had been an alcoholic. Even before his addiction got the worse of him, he would hit Ryan pretty badly. The alcohol just made him get hit more. The more Ryan flinched, the harder he was hit. The poor kid was terrorized by his Father, hence why he spent most of his spare time at mine or Spencer's place. He was always too scared to go home, especially if it was just him and his Dad. Anyway, he would come to school with bruises and cuts everywhere, but would always tell the same story of how he was clumsy. I never really believed him. I knew something was up. A few days later, Ryan lost it in class. He just broke down in tears. The teacher let me take him outside, and we had a little chat. He told me that he had walked in on his Dad sleeping with another woman. He had told his Mum, and his Dad got angry at them both, and beat them pretty badly. Ryan was so upset by it. He had to go through mental and physical pain, and he had to watch his Mum go through it too. That night, I walked around to his place to make sure he was ok ..." I faltered in my words. I still remembered that night, and made me upset. Jon was sitting, staring intently at me.




"I went to his place, and his Mum told me he was upstairs. I ... I walked up to his room and saw that the door was slightly ajar. I could hear him crying. Wanting to comfort him, I opened the door and walked in. The sight that I saw still scares me today. Ryan was standing there, he ... he had his Father's shotgun held to his head and had his finger on the trigger. It took us both a few moments to realize what was happening. He told me to leave, that he didn't want me to see this. I tackled him, throwing the gun out the room at the same time. We were both crying so much, and his Mum must have heard us, cos next thing I know she's at the door. She saw the gun, the suicide note on his desk and fell, crying. Ever since that night, guns have been a fear of mine. I thought I was going to lose my best friend. He had to go to counseling for a few months after that. Then, his Mum, realizing how bad her husband treated her and her son, decided to move Ryan, Kathryn (Ry's sister) and herself to Las Vegas." I finished, wiping a small tear from the corner of my eye.




"Wow. That's so sad. I didn't know that! Oh my God, the poor kid!" Jon looked pretty upset about the story I had just finished. "I know what will cheer you up. Let's play Halo. I suck, so, you'll probably win." I said, grinning. That earned a smile from him.
Sign up to rate and review this story