Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Swear I'll Shake it up If You Swear to Listen

I Phoned In; It's Not So Pleasant

by Geets 5 reviews

Vicky and Brendon get a little upset, after they have a party

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-02-16 - Updated: 2007-02-16 - 2730 words

0Unrated
Here's another chapter! I want to get this story moving a little faster so I hope you like it (I'm pretty sure that you will)

~~~~~~

"What do you guys fancy doing now?" Cassie said whilst hugging Jon closely.

"Hmmm... how about we just hang out here, then we can all go out later or something?" Jon offered.

"Oh yeah, that sounds good," I replied; I was in an extremely good and happy mood after we saw the film. Who knew horror movies are so great?

"Ok, so what do you want to do now?" Spence asked.

"Ooo, how about we have a little party? I dunno, maybe put some music on, dance around a bit, have a few drinks..." Jon said.

"Yeah, totally. Anyone got their iPod on them?" Brendon asked.

"Yeah, but I don't know if you'll like any of the music on it." I handed my iPod over to Brendon who plugged it in to their stereo.

"You have a good taste in music... and plus you have tons of randoms on here too," he said, flicking through the songs I had on there. He put on Fall Out Boy's Infinity on High and Jon went to get some drinks.

"Getting wasted with my gorgeous boyfriend in the middle of the afternoon? What could be better?" Michelle said, grabbing Brendon's hand roughly and trying to dance with him. The other couples followed suit, and we were all dancing before long to The Take Over, The Breaks Over. I guess they didn't want me to feel left out because none of them were dancing particularly closely to their girlfriends.

But when I saw Michelle practically hanging from Brendon, kissing him, cuddling him, I got a tiny bit jealous and upset.

"I'm going to go and get a drink," I said, whilst heading to the kitchen. I know that I didn't usually drink, I was too much of a goody-two-shoes, but I have drunk small amounts before. Surely my parents wouldn't mind me having a drink?

Seconds after I had got out a small glass of wine, Brendon appeared behind me. "I thought that you didn't drink?"

"I never said that I didn't, I just said I would prefer not too," I replied, taking a sip.

"Ok..." He went and got himself a beer out of the fridge. Whilst taking a swig, he carried on talking, "So... are you alright?" he asked. He asked me that question a lot. Shame he could always tell when I /wasn't alright./

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask? You seem to ask me that a lot," I replied, breaking my eye contact with Michelle dancing around Jon to look at Brendon; Cassie was sitting down having a drink too.

"You just seem a bit off, that's all," he said, moving closer to me. He glanced towards the others dancing and he caught sight of Michelle and Jon, causing him to laugh. "They seem to be occupying themselves; do you want to dance?" he asked as Golden came on.

"Yeah, sure," I replied. He smiled softly and took my waist; it was a slow ballad. I put my hands on his shoulders and we swayed slowly to the beat. I could smell his sweet aftershave on his neck and it sent me insane. He stared into my eyes and I got lost in his dreamy, chocolate eyes for what felt like an eternity as we danced together in the kitchen.

When the song finally finished, we both pulled away slowly and sadly, but he still kept a hold of my hand when he lead me into the lounge area where the others were. Brendon looked around the room; I did the same, realising that Michelle was no longer there.

"Guys, where's Michelle?" Brendon asked, perplexed.

"She said she wasn't feeling good, and that she had to leave," Ryan replied, looking away from Keltie briefly.

Brendon nodded slowly and I knew exactly why: even though the others were oblivious as to why she left so abruptly, it was obvious that she had seen me and Brendon dancing together.

"Oh fuck," he muttered before grabbing his keys and marching out of the door, clearly on a mission to get his girlfriend back. I took a seat and watched the others dancing and having a good time. It's bad enough liking a guy I obviously can't have, but to be the reason why he fights with his girlfriend? That makes you feel like ultimate crap. I couldn't take it any longer, so I went up to my room, remembering that I didn't even have my iPod to listen to. So instead, I lay there on the bed, holding my phone. I felt like I should call Brendon and apologise, but I decided against it; I would let him get this sorted out and then I could apologise later.

But I still dialled a number on my phone and waited for them to pick up.

"Hello?" I heard an extremely perky voice that sounded a lot like... Siobhan? No way, it couldn't be.

"Hello? Siobhan?" I asked. I heard ominous sounds in the background... What the hell was going on?

"Oh hiya! How are you? You having fun in Vegas?" she replied, her voice dripping in sarcasm. I could hear her smirk from here.

"What the fuck is going on? Where's Mike?" I demanded. I heard her gasp and moan.

"Oh... Mike... OH!" she squealed. She turned her attention back to me. "Mike? Oh, he's.... right... here," she struggled out, breathing heavily.

"Hello?" I heard Mike's voice speaking quite quickly.

"What the fuck are you doing? Or should I ask, WHO?!"

"Vicky? I, er... fuck," he said quietly.

"Are you... are you fucking with Siobhan?" I was afraid to ask.

"Vicky... I, I can explain..." he started.

"Explain what? That you just happened to end up in bed with my ex-best friend of a bitch-whore?! Or that you really didn't know what you were doing since you were so drunk?! Come on, I'm dying to hear this Mike; dying to hear why I just heard you having sex with that slut!" I practically screamed.

"You can hardly talk! You're off in Las Vegas, sleeping with a ton of rock stars!" he shouted back.

"What the fucking hell are you on about?! Or is that the shit Siobhan told you? For your information, asshole, I haven't done anything of the sort! They are my friends, you fucking prat!"

"Oh, god... I, er, I didn't realise..." he trailed off.

"You didn't realise? That's really an excuse for why she's still THERE!"

"Look, she came over here, alright? What was I supposed to do? You two are, I mean were, best friends, and she tells me that you're fucking guys from Panic! At The Disco! What was I supposed to believe? You left saying 'We'll sort this out when you get back'. For all I knew we were over!"

"We were on a break," I said, in almost a whisper, reality showering me. "She was being the bitch; they invited me to stay with them, and just because she was jealous, she fucked you... to get back at me..."

"Oh gosh baby, I'm so sorry... I didn't know," he said back to me. "What the hell are you doing?! She /cheated on you!?"/ I heard Siobhan say in the background.

Finding my voice again, I shouted, "DON'T call me baby. And, you could've called me, instead of just assuming. Give me the benefit of the doubt! You're such a fucking bastard; I can't believe I ever dated you! Go ahead, go and fuck Siobhan, and go to hell!"

I slid my phone down ferociously, and lay back on the bed. Thank god the music was so loud downstairs; they didn't hear my shouting. I began to cry; I never really liked Mike that much, but he was still my boyfriend; my boyfriend who had sex with my best friend.

The tears poured down my cheeks then as I thought about it more and more. I lay there for god knows how long, wishing Brendon was here to comfort me. He has a girlfriend; you can't have him I told myself over and over, making me cry more.

An hour or so later, I heard a knock at the door. I wiped away any remaining tears before opening it at coming face-to-face with Ryan.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked. "Have you been crying?"

"Er... yeah, kind of... I'm ok," I said as he suddenly became rather worried.

Thankfully, he didn't persist the matter further, and changed the subject by asking, "Erm, we were going to get something to eat now. We were just wondering if you wanted to come."

"Actually, is it alright if I just stayed here? I'm not feeling too good," I replied shyly.

"Yeah, yeah, that's fine. Are you sure everything's ok?"

"Yeah, it will be. It's just that I kinda broke up with my boyfriend. Officially."

"Oh, I'm sorry Vicky... If you ever do want to talk, I'm here."

"Thanks, that means a lot Ryan," I smiled before hugging him.

"Well, you can order some food in or something, and give us a ring if you need anything. See you later then."

"I will. Bye, have fun," I said back to him. A few minutes later, I heard the crowd of people leave the house, and the front door shut. I grabbed a jacket, my phone and headphones then I headed downstairs to get some ice-cream. But as I entered the kitchen, I was met with Brendon sitting there at the table. I didn't expect to see him, and it shocked me slightly.

As he heard me enter, he turned around, eyes red and puffy, a sad and confused look on his face.

"Hey," he said shortly.

"Hi," I replied. "What are you doing here?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing." He forced a smile, which I returned shyly. "I didn't really feel up to going out with them all." He looked away.

"Yeah, me neither..." I paused before I decided to just tell him. "When I came here, I was kinda on a break with a guy. Then I phoned him earlier - I don't even know why - but I did, and we officially broke up..." I trailed off, not wanting to say much more.

"I'm so sorry Vicky, are you alright?" he said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah... sort of... actually no. Er... we broke up 'cause, well, er..." I started to say, before Brendon quickly said:

"It's ok, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to," he smiled reassuringly.

"No, I want to; it's just...hard to say. Well, Mike, that's his name, I called him and... Siobhan answered."

"Wait, Siobhan? What was she doing there?" he said, even though I thought he already knew the answer.

"Seeking revenge. She told him that I was here, sleeping around with the guys from Panic! to make him... have sex with her..." my voice was barely audible by the end, and I felt another tear starting to roll down from my eye.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry Vicky. He is one hell of a dick-head if he honestly believed something like that. And Siobhan... well, we already knew that she was a super-bitch," he laughed, which cheered me up slightly.

"I don't even get why I'm so upset by it all - I didn't even like him that much."

"He was still your boyfriend, and he cheated on you with your best friend, so it's gotta hurt I guess, regardless of how you felt about him. But he's not worth it if you ask me; if he can't appreciate you for who you are, then you were right to dump his sorry ass."

"Thanks. But, er, how come you are so upset now?" I asked cautiously; I had a feeling it was to do with Michelle.

"Oh, er..." his tone changed immediately, and I regretted bringing it up.

"Sorry, it's none of my business; that was totally insensitive. Sorry..."

"It's ok, I'm just still a bit upset, that's all. Well..." he began scratching the back of his neck uncomfortably. "Michelle broke up with me."

"Oh my god, Brendon, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault: it's 'cause she saw us dancing isn't it?" I wailed slightly.

"Hey, hey, it's not your fault," he said soothingly, rubbing my arm gently. "If you're gonna say that, you may as well say it's your fault for being born! I was the one who danced with you, and I was the one who got caught, so you can't blame yourself, ok?" he asked me directly.

"Ok."

"I dunno, she's been acting so clingy and needy since you came here; it's been driving me insane. On some level, I wanted to get free of her incessant cuddling, and stuff. And I wanted to dance with you; she was dancing with Jon! I didn't think about the consequences when I did what I did, but I felt guilty and upset when she just left. I felt like I at least had to see her, and she took the opportunity to tell me to piss off and leave her alone."

I could see a few tears well up in his eyes, and it broke me having to see him so upset. "Brendon, it's ok, you'll be ok..." I mumbled while I pulled him closer and hugged him. He put his arm around me too, and we stood there. I could hear that he was crying slightly, and it made me cry. I hated seeing him so sad and fragile; yes, he was quite shy around me, but he was never weak and as breakable as he was now. I held him close to me, and I felt just how skinny he really was.

He pulled away gently after a while, tears stained on his face. He wiped them away with his hand and coughed slightly. "Thanks, I really needed that."

"No problem; any time. I'm here if you ever need me." I squeezed his hand tightly, before turning around. "Do you have any ice-cream?"

He laughed lightly and said, "Yeah, in the freezer."

"Thanks; I could do with some," I laughed back. He got out some spoons and we sat on the sofa in the lounge eating Cookie Dough.

"Michelle and I - we were never really that close, you know? I guess it just hurt when she didn't even let me explain; she just told me to get out," he said between bites of the sweet satisfaction which was the ice-cream.

"Yeah, we're in the same boat really; getting over people that didn't really mean much in the first place, but once they're gone, it hurts more than you think. I guess the saying's true: anything is better than to be alone."

"I totally agree. Isn't that a line from an Evanescence song?"

"Yes it is. Lithium." I replied.

"Do you wanna watch a movie or something? 'Cause it's not really late, and I don't really feel like eating anything now."

"Yeah sure, I don't feel hungry either. What do you want to watch?"

"I'm in the mood for The Nightmare Before Christmas; is that ok?" he said, looking up from the rapidly emptying tub of ice-cream.

"I've never actually seen that film you know; I've been meaning to, but I haven't. It's supposed to be great though, isn't it?"

"Oh, it's amazing; I don't call it one of my all time favourites for no reason!" I smiled as he got up and put the DVD into the player and played the movie. He resumed to his seat next to me, and put his arm around my shoulders as the film started.

It was really good actually; very funny. I could tell that Brendon was loving it and it was nice to see a smile on his face again. Towards the end of the movie, I felt my eyes feeling drowsy, and I vaguely heard the end credits as I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~

Ok, so that was a hell of a lot longer than I thought it would be! I didn't think this would be very long, lol, but I had fun writing it, and I hope you all like reading it and reviewing!! Lol. :D
Sign up to rate and review this story