Categories > Original > Fantasy > Tamers

A New Year for New Novices

by Crazy_Chex_Mix 0 reviews

The gang have spent 5 years as beginners and are now Novices. Getting their new weapons and schedule, school is really going to be a drag.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-02-16 - Updated: 2007-02-16 - 907 words

-1Illiterate
It was the first at Remat Academy again. Dennis and Randy got off Ello with their luggage and walked to their dorms, this year it was 305. They had the same roommates and everything was the same. Everyone was now 10 years old, this meant that they were allowed to learn magic and fight.
"Hey, Henry, Leon,Ukyo, Kofree" Dennis said enthusiastically.
"Hey Dennis, how was your summer?" Henry asked, Henry was just unpacking his things.
"It was awesome, how about yours?" Dennis replied, unpacking his stuff.
"Same old, same old," Henry answered.
"Well, if you two are finished we go to class tomorrow and we will be actually learning something other than talking about Dnal, Slamina, magic, and actually get to use it," Leon said. Leon had changed over the 5 years they had all been roommates, he had still been secretive, but he talked a lot more than usual.
"Awesome," Randy agreed.
The eight of them fell asleep awaiting the next day.
They all awoke sleepily and got on their uniform.
"Where is our class?" Dennis asked.
"It said in the outdoor gym," Henry said checking the schedule.
The 8 friends left their door to the outdoor gym. They finally got to the outdoor gym and all kinds of students were there now. For the 5 years they were at RAFT, they had only had classes with other kids from Yeknom. Now their were people with pink, gray, black, yellow, and all other kinds of uniforms.
"Welcome to your first year as Novices," Headmistress Kaysho welcomed. "You all will get to all of the stations. These stations are schedule stations. The stations are the weapons station and schedule station. They will be explained once you get their. Now, go!" the Headmistress ordered.
The students dispersed to the stations and everywhere there were all kinds of gadgets with people showing them what they wanted. Each station had a weapon, there was a swords station, a bow station, and other kinds of weapon stations. There were no two kinds of each weapon.
Dennis, Randy, Henry, and Leon went in all different directions. Dennis was debating on choosing a whip or bow, Dennis ended up going with the bow. Randy went to only one station it was the dagger station. Henry went to almost all of the stations, but he stuck with a magic staff. Leon only with to one station, that was the sword station and Leon got a long double-edged sword.
Once they all got their weapons, they went to get their schedules. A man with long black hair was looking at each student and handed them a schedule. The schedule paper was blank. He was handing them blank sheets of paper, but after a while, words started to appear on it.
"Next," the man bellowed.
Dennis gulped and walked towards the man.
"Let me see your weapon and Slamina please," the man ordered, holding out his hand.
Dennis gave him his bow, which was blue and made of mahogany wood. The man gave back the bow and looked at Frozel. Frozel began to shake, probably from the intimidation.
"That man scares me," Frozel whispered into Dennis's ear.
"Here you go, next!" the man handed him a blank piece of paper.
Dennis stared at it awkwardly, but his eyes started to bulge out when words started to appear on the piece of paper. It said his name and his Slamina's name, then his schedule.

Period 1- World of Dnal
Period 2- Water Magic Training
Period 3- Bow Magic Training
Period 4- Bow and Arrow Making
Lunch
Period 5- Bow and Arrow Caring
Period 6- Intelligence Class
Period 7- Slamina Caring

Dennis then waited for Randy, Henry, and Leon to get their schedules. They all traded schedules and found out they were only in 3 classes together.

Randy's schedule:

Period 1- World of Dnal
Period 2- Earth Magic Training
Period 3- Dagger Magic Training
Period 4- Dagger Making
Lunch
Period 5- Dagger Caring
Period 6- Intelligence Class
Period 7- Slamina Caring

Henry's schedule:

Period 1- World of Dnal
Period 2- Fire Magic Training
Period 3- Staff Magic Training
Period 4- Staff Making
Lunch
Period 5- Staff Caring
Period 6- Intelligence Class
Period 7- Slamina Caring

Lastly, Leon's schedule:

Period 1- World of Dnal
Period 2- Air Magic Training
Period 3- Sword Magic Training
Period 4- Sword Making
Lunch
Period 5- Sword Caring
Period 6- Intelligence Class
Period 7- Slamina Caring

Everyone sighed at their schedules and made their way back to their dorms.
"I can't believe, we only have 3 classes with each other," Randy complained.
"And Lunch," Henry added.
"Whatever," Leon said.
They arrived at their dorms and through themselves on their own bed. They played with their weapons.
"Okay, why did you guys pick your weapons?" Dennis asked curiously and starting a conversation to break the silence.
"I picked mine because of its design and I love the dagger with a serpent on it," Randy answered.
"I picked mine because my mother and father both had a staff, theirs were different. My father's was staff was long and made of redwood. My mother's was not a staff, but a wand, made of willow. Henry's staff was made of oak wood and it had a red, circular, talisman at the end of it.
"I picked mine because a sword represents honor, courage, and strength," Leon answered, feeling the edges of the sword.
"Well, I picked mine because, I did eeny-meeny-miney-mo between a whip and this bow," Dennis said happily.
Everyone laughed, except for Leon, he just smirked at Dennis's stupidity.
"Well good ni--" Dennis was cut off by a girls' scream.
Sign up to rate and review this story