Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Sibling Rivalry

Blaming the weak

by Lady-Amaya 0 reviews

After a terrible accident, theresa gets into a fight with her dad and refuses to come home for christmas. So Jay decides to ivite her to his house. Theresa gets along with the family good. But afte...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-17 - Updated: 2007-02-18 - 2196 words

1Original
Chapter two: Blaming the weak

Jay sat impatiently outside the emergency room in the Olympia hospital. It had only been roughly half an hour since Theresa and Jay were attacked, but to Jay and his friends it had seemed a lot longer. Jay sat in the comfortable hospital chairs staring impatiently at the door and the people inside it. His eyes were dropping and he felt like sleeping but knew he could not. What would happen if something bad happened to Theresa that they could not fix? What if he was not there beside her to share the pain? What would happen if she DIED while he was sleeping and he was not able to stop her from leaving?

No, Jay thought shaking his head to get rid of the horrible thoughts that were taunting every inch of his body. I must not think these things, I must be strong. That's what Theresa would tell me to do if it was one of the others in her place.

The others, Jay thought as he looked around with blood shot eyes. He looked at his teammates, his friends and saw that they were in as much distress as he was. Atlanta and Archie were huddled in the far corner sitting in two of the chairs beside the table. Atlanta had her head resting on Archie's shoulder, seeking comfort in its warmth ness. Dried tears were clinging to her cheeks and even as she was sleeping, new salty batches were making there way down the rosy cheeks. Archie had probably fallen asleep about five minutes after Atlanta did, and he placed his head comfortably on hers. Although he hardly had any tears on his cheeks, you could sense the suffering he was feeling as he thought about his half dead companion. They both had their hands laced through each others and were clinging to them like a lifeline. Herry was to Jay's right and sleeping noisily in a large chair. His head was lolled to one side and drool was coming down from the left corner of his mouth. He was also snoring pretty loudly that it was a wonder that the others even got to sleep. It would have been a very funny sight if this had not been such a sad and serious situation. Odie was looking straight down, not daring to look into his leader's eyes. He was not even touching his computer, actually for the first time, Odie had pushed his computer aside, as to not let his tears damage it, and that he was definitely not in the mood to do anything with his technology. Instead he was just sitting down cross legged on the floor, and twiddling with his thumbs as to by time. And Neil, for once, was not looking into his three panel mirror, filing his nails, or checking his teeth for tiny bits of lettuce from lunch. Neil was just looking strait forward, his face expressionless, emotionless, showing nothing to give away to Jay as to what he might be thinking.

Jay looked away from his friends, unable to see them any longer in such grief. No he could not stand to see his team.... his friends, in such unbearable pain. He could not stand it any longer, he wanted to burst into the emergency room and walk right up to Theresa, hoping, praying she was alright. But he knew he was wrong just too even think that. To run in there and disturb the doctor in his work may cost Theresa her life. And he would do anything, ANYTHING to keep her alive. And yet, yet he had let her take the shot for him. He had let Theresa throw her life away in a crazy attempt to keep Jay alive.

Suddenly he felt sick, VERY sick. He did not hesitate. He stood up and ran down the hall into the men's room. Jay threw up into the sink, unable to hold it in any longer. He let his tears roll down his cheeks, not even bothering to stop them from falling. He could not believe it, he just couldn't. Everything had seemed so perfect before the accident happened, before HE almost did the unthinkable. More tears fell down his cheeks, and into the sink. HE had almost done it. HIM, the one who was supposed to be the hero had almost killed another human being! He let more tears fall as he remembered that horrible moment back in the alley.

Flashback:

Theresa had jumped in front of him just in time to catch the bullet. She fell to the ground clutching her side, screaming in agony, screaming for him. Jay screamed out her name and rush forward. But the man who had fired the bullet had suddenly gotten a new burst of energy and was soon up on his feet and rushing forward to Theresa, his gun still in hand.
Jay ran forward faster and faster but someone soon flung a punch at him in the stomach sending him flying backwards towards the wall. The bigger man had also arisen and was now sending a volley of punches in Jay's direction. Suddenly the other man barked an order out to the one holding Theresa down. Jay looked over his shoulder and saw the horrible scene layout before his eyes. Theresa was on her back, still clutching her side as blood oozed out of the depths of her body. Her eyes wide open in fright as the man put the gun at her heart. The big hairy man just laughed and turned around yelling out some words to the other man.

But Jay was not listening to his words; in fact he was not even at the wall any more. The second the man had let his guard down, that was the little time Jay was given to escape. He dipped under the man's arm and quickly ran towards Theresa's frail form. The man holding Theresa down took his gun away from Theresa's heart and towards his. The man shot bullets at Jay, but he had dodged them with ease. As he got closer and closer to Theresa the man started shouting out orders to his partner. With out warning there was a shot fired behind him. Jay stumbled a little as the bullet barley grazed his shoulder, but clutching his shoulder he kept on running.

He would not lose her, he would NOT in hell allow that man to end her life there and then. He wouldn't allow them to take Theresa, HIS Theresa away form him. Quick as lightning he pushed the man off of Theresa's form and towards the solid brick wall, causing stones to crumble from the extra weight. I will not allow him to take away Theresa's life, he would not allow it, and he would be killed by him before he even took his next shot. Jay thought angrily. But wait, he tried to take away Theresa, HIS Theresa, the women who had cared form him whenever he was worried, who looked after the entire team when times were rough. This man tried to kill someone he loved, maybe he already HAD! Well Jay did not care, all he knew is that this man was going to PAY!

With much anger and hatred, Jay swung his fist into the mans jaw causing the mans head to crook to one side. Quicker this time and with much more enthusiasm he punched the man again this time in his ribs. Jay relished this moment, he wanted to hurt them he wanted to scream he wanted this man in the most painful way he could ever think of, to feel pain. He had never felt so much hatred for one person, not even Cronus, and he didn't care if he got sent to jail or fined, as long as he could HURT the man who might have killed Theresa. Before he had realized it, he had sent another volley of punches at the man. Kicking him, punching him, making him bleed. He never felt so much hatred, so much anger. And then not thinking clearly Jay brought out his xiphos and pointed it at the man's throat. With a cry of fury he brought his sword down. But he never hit the person, never got even a scratch on him.

Three pairs of hands were holding him back, stopping him from hurting him anymore. With anger Jay spun around, ready to attack whoever was delaying him from getting his revenge. He was about to bite one of the hands holding him when he realized who they exactly were. Archie, Atlanta, and Herry were holding him back. "Let go you guys!" He yelled out to his teammates, struggling to let them release him. They said nothing but Jay could tell from there faces that they were not going to. Jay struggled even more, pushing away the struggling hands. He looked into there faces and saw the most weird expression on there faces, fear. Fear? Jay thought, why would they possibly be afraid of him? Was he not just trying to hurt the man who may have just KILLED their best friend? Wait, that's just it. He was hurting, none the less and trying to KILL another human!

Archie held on tighter to his friend and shouted out to him. "Jay look at you man! Look at what you are trying to do. Even if this man did hurt Theresa you can not just KILL him!" No, that couldn't be him could? Killing other people? Archie held on tighter and in on swift movement had him pinned to the ground, with Herry and Atlanta helping to pin down his resisting arms and legs. "Listen to me Jay!" Archie yelled even louder as Jay struggled underneath him and the others. "Theresa is hurt, maybe even dieing! Are you just going to struggle here acting like, like CRONUS and watch Theresa suffer? ARE YOU?!"

Him? Like Cronus? Theresa? She is dieing?! No, no!
"NO!" He yelled as Archie and the others let go of him. He sat up and quickly ran over to Theresa, where Neil and Odie were trying to help their hurt friend. "Theresa?" Jay whispered picking up her frail form and shaking it. "Theresa!" He yelled louder. Nervously Odie put his shaking hand on Jay's shoulder. "S...She will live Jay," He said nervously, "But we need to get her to the hospital, and now!" Without a word Jay stood up with Theresa's barley breathing form shaking in his arms. He and the others ran into Herry's truck where Jay laid Theresa across his lap. Almost no one said a word as they speeded down the highway. Only Odie did who called the authorities to pick up the two perverts in the alleyway. But no one dared to talk to Jay, and their faces showed clearly that most of them would be too scared of Jay to talk to him for a LONG time. So for the quick ride to the hospital, no one had said a word to Jay.

End of Flashback


Jay stared at his refection in the mirror disgusted by his foolish acts from the earlier day. He was a fool, an idiot, a pathetic little wimp! If he had not been so stupid, so, so, unaware maybe he would have noticed the bullet speeding towards him. Maybe he would have noticed Theresa's shouts and warnings. He would have been able to get out of the way in time and Theresa would not have had to sacrifice herself for him. She would not have tried to save him, by taking the shot for him. He, from what he almost did to that man back in the alley, probably deserved to be shot. But Theresa, she had been so innocent, so pure, so kind and gentle, she, she, SHE DID NOT DESERVE IT!

Jay punched at the mirror in front of him. He hit the mirror in front of him with all his force. He wanted to hurt, he wanted to take the pain instead of Theresa. After the horrible deed he almost did, he deserved to feel much more pain then he already had. He kept on punching the mirror with all his force, not caring that small shards of glass were quickly falling down from underneath his wrist and cutting him. He did not stop, he did not stop when his knuckles started to bleed, he did not stop when he was crying out in fury and he knew that people in the hallway would hear him. He only stopped when Atlanta came bursting through the door.

"Jay!" She said tears pouring down her rosy cheeks. "Jay, the doctor, he says we can see Theresa. Jay! We can see Theresa!" Smiling broadly she zoomed down the hall, not even caring that she had just walked inside the men's washroom. Jay was left there gawking. Theresa? She's alive! And we are allowed to see her! She must be ok! She's ALIVE! Alive, alive, alive. That was all Jay was thinking as he to raced down the hall and over to the emergency room.



Sign up to rate and review this story