Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Sibling Rivalry

Of Pillows and Phone calls

by Lady-Amaya 0 reviews

After a terrible accident, theresa gets into a fight with her dad and refuses to come home for christmas. So Jay decides to ivite her to his house. Theresa gets along with the family good. But afte...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-17 - Updated: 2007-02-18 - 2302 words

0Unrated
Chapter four: Of Pillows and Phone Calls


Theresa smiled. "Why is everyone looking at me like that?" She asked, her voice becoming a little stronger, knowing the surprised looks on the boy's faces.

Theresa blushed as the boys just continued to stare, their mouths gawking out in disbelief.
"Come on guys," She said becoming redder, "I am not some endangered animal in the zoo or something."

Still Jay and Archie stared on; tears of happiness pouring down their cheeks. They still did nothing, to shocked to speak.


Now Theresa was getting worried. "Are you guys ok?" She asked putting a cold hand on Jay's warm shoulder. And suddenly without warning Jay rushed forward and gathered her body in his arms. He held onto her, more like crushed, with his strong arms. He pushed her as close to his body as he could, not daring to let her go. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, onto her ruby red hair and falling down her shoulders. HE was gasping out in crying and holding her tightly.

And Theresa just sat there, to shocked to move. Was this really Jay? HER Jay? She had NEVER seen him cry before. And why was he acting as though she had just died?

"Jay?" She asked nervously, trying to push away from him. She had never been this close to a man before. And she never wanted to! Even if she did like him, she new exactly what most relationships ended with. And she wanted nothing to do with THAT again. Not after what happened a few years back. Not when she had been so horribly abused by the one she had trusted most. But how could she believe that Jay would do something like that? HE wasn't like him, he, he, he never would betray her like Harrison did. But the aggression he was forcing into his hug, the look in his eyes, it scared her. For some reason it scared her like Cronus had taken Jay's place.

"J-Jay?" She asked in a wavering voice,

"I am so sorry Theresa," He whispered into her hair, still crying, "I thought, we all thought you might be, be," Jay's voice faltered him and his body shook.

Theresa finally pried herself away from him, and gave him an odd look.
"Jay? What are you talking about?" The fear that was haunting her moments ago melted away into worry for her friend.

This time Archie burst in. "WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!" He screamed tears also pouring down his cheeks.
Theresa was surprised by his sudden outburst. "D-d-dead?" She whispered looking at Jay oddly, "What did I do to make you all think I was dead?"

Jay looked at her oddly, fear clearly showing in his eyes. "Do you not remember?" He said fearfully.
Theresa rubbed her head finally noticing the pain she was feeling in her head. "Not much really," She replied looking at the two of them. "Only a few things, a gun shot, a scream, terrible pain, but otherwise, nothing."

Jay was scared now, "So you do not remember what happened? What you did for me?" He whispered.

Theresa looked him strait in his eyes. Why is he so afraid? She thought. And what is he talking about? What did I do for him that would make him cry?

Curious Theresa swung her legs over the side of the bed and tried to stand up. She let out a gasp of pain, and her arms immediately clutched her side. She started to sway and she looked down at her bandaged side. There was a small patch of blood on the bandages. Jay and Archie quickly rushed forward and helped her lie down again.

Theresa's weary eyes tried to meet Jay's. "W-what happened?" She asked feeling her side rip in pain.

Jay looked at her and stroked her hand, he looked at Archie and he nodded.
"You were shot." He said still stroking her cold hand.

"W-when?" She asked her eye lids getting tired, and just begging her for sleep.
Jay sighed, "About 5:00 yesterday." He said.

"How did it happen?" She looked at him with big eyes, she did not remember any of this happening yesterday. Nothing about a gun being shot at least. But then her memory started to strike her and she gasped.

"What happened in the alleyway? With those two men!" She gasped trying to sit up but Jay and Archie forced her down again.

"Do you remember anything else?" Archie asked her. Theresa shook her head and looked at the boys. "Nothing." She whispered rubbing her head.

Finally they decided to drop the subject.

For a long time they just sat there in silence, listening to the sound of Herry's snores. Doing nothing, saying nothing, feeling nothing. All they could do was continue to stare at
one another. This was such an awkward position for all of them. Luckily then tense moment did not last long because Atlanta, Neil and Odie walked into the room loudly.

"THERESA!" They all exclaimed loudly dropping everything in their hands onto the marble floor and rushing over to the bed.

The next half hour was filled with hugs, laughter and tears as the seven teens rejoiced the return of their companion. Soon Theresa forgot all about that uncomfortable situation. Theresa sighed as she was pulled into yet another hug from Atlanta. It felt like an eternity their group had been apart. And now that they were all here together, now that they were all safe and whole, well it made Theresa's heart soar.
Half way during their silly reunion a pillow went flying smacking Herry strait in the face.

Odie burst out laughing causing the rest of the group to laugh and start to throw what ever pillows were in the room.


The Pillow War had begun.


Atlanta and Archie were having the time of their lives as Archie was holding Atlanta's face down into one of the pillows for smacking him in the face. Odie was screaming his head off as Herry was chasing him with six enormously large pillows stuck in his large hands. It was obvious that he wanted to see Odie pilled under them for laughing at Herry.

Jay got up and started whacking a feathery pillow at Theresa playfully hitting her on top of her head, earning himself a whack in the stomach from Theresa. Jay's smile grew wider and wickeder as he thought about something evil. Theresa noticing Jay's evil smirk squealed with fear as she tried to make a dash under the blankets. But she did not make it there in time, Jay got to her first. With much speed and agility, Jay pounced on top of Theresa and started tickling her around her neckline.

Theresa let out another squeal and started to squirm around, trying to escape Jay's fingertips. But Jay was to fast for her. Quickly he pinned her down with one hand and started tickling her ferociously with the other. Theresa rolled around and laughed on the plush like bead as Jay continued to tickle her.

"J-Jay, s-stop it t-this instant! She yelled out between her laughs and giggles.

But Jay would not stop. He tickled her and tickled her, not pausing or stopping when Theresa cried out for him to stop. But Theresa enjoyed it. She was laughing the whole time, apparently she was very ticklish. It was when Theresa yelped out, this time in pain that Jay stopped.

Theresa was no longer laughing. She was clutching her side painfully as her eyes began to water. She closed her eyes, trying to suppress her tears inside. Jay immediately got off when he saw the fresh blood stain that had appeared during their little tickle fight. And no matter how Jay tried to reassure himself, the blotch was getting bigger by the second.

The whole room seamed to pause. Everyone had stopped and had diverted their attention back to Theresa. She tried to sit up in the bed but was quickly reassured that was NOT a good idea as the blood blotch got slightly bigger as she moved. Quickly Jay helped her sit by placing his hand on her back and the other lightly holding her hand. Soon Theresa was lying down again and the blood spot did not grow or stain as she was lying down.
Then the room got quiet. No one spoke as Theresa looked at Jay oddly as she felt his other hand lock onto hers tightly.

"I'm sorry Theresa," Jay said not looking at her in the eye, "I did not mean for it to get so,"

But Jay was silenced as Theresa sat up slightly and placed her finger across his mouth gingerly.

"Don't say that Jay, don't tell me ever again that this was your fault. Because it is not your fault." She said forcefully but still with kindness in her voice.

Atlanta sighed as she went over to the bedside table and picked up some bandages,
"Well lets get you patched up Theresa, don't want you bleeding all over the sheets." She said as she sat on the other side of the bed.

Suddenly, Jay's cell phone rang. Jay did not even look at it.
"They can leave a message if it is important." Jay said still holding to Theresa hand.

But she shook her hand. "What if it IS important?"

But Jay was persistent and shook his head.
"I am staying here."

But Atlanta also shook her head.
"You go, we will stay."

Jay looked towards the rest of his team and they nodded. Jay gave one small smile to Theresa before turning around and exiting the room. Jay closed the door silently and leaned on the wall sighing as he did.

"Hello?" he said staring at the blank wall ahead of him.

"Jay? Jay honey is that you?" A voice said from the receiver.

Jay stuttered, "Mom?"

"Jay! You are there! Oh I was so worried about you! The doctor just phoned the house a few minutes ago but I was out bringing Denzel back from a friends house. And I was so scared when I got home and had a message saying that my eldest son and his friend got shot! I nearly fainted! Oh your brother and sister were so worried they burst into tears when I told them! The poor little darlings! And you Jay, are you all right? What happened what did you do? How is your friend? And PLEASE tell me what the heck you are doing out there in New Olympia? I thought you were in the space program! Do you know how much trouble you are in?! And do you know how happy I am just to hear your voice now?!"

"Mom, MOM! Just calm down for a second!" Jay nearly yelled into the speaker stopping his mother from her rambling.

Jay heard his mother take a few shaky breaths as she tried to calm herself.
"Ok," She said more to herself then to Jay, "I'm okay, I'm okay. I'm calm, I'm calm! OH JAY I WAS SO WORRIED!" Now he could hear his mother burst into tears.

Jay sighed as his mother continued to sob, but soon he could hear another voice saying something in the receiver.

"Jay?" A tiny voiced asked.

Jay smiled with delight as he heard his little brother's voice speak.
"Denzel? How are you?" Jay asked excitedly.

"Trying to calm mom down. Sorry I had to take the phone away from mommy but Mayle was trying to help calm mom so she seemed busy. Oh! But she seems better now so you can talk to her. Bye Bye big Brother!"

Jay heard a rattle so he assumed the phone was being passed on to his mom.

"Jay? You still there Honey?" His mom said eagerly into the phone.

Jay laughed slightly, his mom really did worry too much.
"Yes mom." He replied

He heard as sigh of relief through the phone.
"So are you going to tell me what happened?" His mom said.

Jay sighed and for a long time, recounted the events of the day before. But left out the part about him hurting the gun man almost causing his death.

"Theresa is fine." Jay said as he finished his little recount, "Although she did get the bullet lodged quite deep into her side. I-I.... I am very worried for her."

He did not hear his mom say anything.

"You still there ma?" Jay asked.

"Yes." She replied, "Just thinking is all."

"Please give thanks to the girl for me. Tell her that no matter what, I am totally in her dept because she saved my son."

Jay nodded.

"Okay," he said. "Oh and Ma,"

But Jay was stopped as the door opened beside him and five teenagers came tumbling out. It was Archie, Atlanta, Odie, Herry, and Neil.

Jay paused for a moment looking at them all oddly.
"Ah mom I gotta go okay?" He said still looking at his friends.

"Okay sweetie but call me as soon as you can. Love you!"

"Love you to mom." Jay replied and quickly closed his cell phone.

He turned towards his friends oddly.

"What's up guys? I thought you said you would stay with her?" Jay said looking at his five friends square in the face.

Atlanta shrugged. "She got a call to. She said it was private."

Unsure Jay opened the door slightly and silently.

Theresa was sitting on her bed strait up, eyes brimming with tears as she held her cell phone to her ear. She slowly opened it and said in an unsure and scared voice.

"Hello?"


"THERESA ANNE WILLIAMS WHAT DID YOU DO!"

Theresa smiled, looking slightly scared.

"Hello to you to Father
Sign up to rate and review this story