Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Falter

Chapter 4

by hips-n-hearts86 7 reviews

Peyton Clarkson's boyfriend had just signed with one of the biggest recording companies around, and now hes heading out to tour with another major band, Fall Out Boy. What happens when he can't alw...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-18 - Updated: 2007-02-19 - 2344 words

2Exciting
UGH! So I had this whole chapter typed out last night..and I hit a button, on the very last word, and it wiped out the whole thing! Gr. lol By time I finish typing out this chapter I will have Chapter 5 ready to go lol. Expect, possibly, less updates coming up. I'm currently staying at another house, which has prompted me to be able to write almost 24/7. But sadly I will be returning home tues. night. Which means there won't be as many updates as I have been doing. It saddens me, but I live with my mother still, and she actually wants me to converse with her when I'm home and not sit in my room and type all night. lol. Well, enough of my rambling, here you go...for the 2nd time lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Peyton continued to stare at her phone. She knew for a fact that it was not anyone she knew or anyone that was in Oliver's band. She already had those numbers programmed in. The unfamiliar numbers continued to glare up at her from the screen, begging her to text them back; taunting her even.

Curiousity got the best of her at this point.

'Who is this?'

Peyton set her phone down and headed towards their tiny little kitchen. It was cute, small, but it had had enough room just for the two occupants in the place. Just as she was reaching for a glass out of her top cupboard, she heard her phone vibrate on the wood of the coffee table. 'That was fast,' she thought as she filled her glass with water and headed back towards her phone. She picked it up cautiously and flipped it open.

'You know me. I know you. We are newly aquainted.'

Short and simple, yet it brought a very ominious feeling over Peyton. She could not think of who this could of possibly been for the life of her. Her hands shook slightly as she texted her 'new' found friend back.

'I don't know who you are, but you are really starting to scare me whoever you are!'

Peyton didn't have a chance to set her phone down this time, for it had already started to vibrate in her hand causing her to jump. She quickly caught her phone as it went sailing in the air and flipped it open again.

'OMG! I'm so sorry Peyton, I didn't mean to scare you. It was only meant to be as a joke. Btw, this is Patrick.'

Peyton continued to stare at her phone, especially at the last sentence of the text. 'By the way, this is Patrick? What? How? I just don't understand why he would be texting me and how did he get my number to begin with,' she thought as she hit reply.

'Patrick? WTF? How did you get my number??'

'Oh, just from a little bird. So, back to my original question, whatcha doin'?' he texted back in what seemed to be a light hearted tone.

Peyton smiled down at her phone. She quickly grabbed the blanket that was drapped over the back of her couch and covered herself up as she settled down into the couch, making herself comfortable. It was going to be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Peyton awoke with a groan, Her neck was stiff, her back hurt, and she was pretty sure that there was drool dried to the side of her face. She sat up slowly and rubbed the back of her neck, she could not seem to figure out why she had fallen asleep on the couch of all places. She remembered the fight, but that wasn't the reason why she was sleeping on the couch.

Then, suddenly, it had all come flooding back to her in waves. She had been up all night texting 'the' Patrick Stump. They had talked about anything and everything, that is until she had fallen asleep on him. 'My phone!' she mentally screamed as she dug her hand in between the couch cushions and grabbed her phone. '2 New Messages' was written across the front display screen. Peyton flipped it open in a hurry and hit the 'read' button.

'Yeah I know what you mean about that. It can really be rough when your far away like that. But I believe that anyone can make it work, as long as you love them and they love you, then you yourself would be able to make it work. You know what I mean? Is that why maybe you two have become so distance as of late? Is he afraid of loving you the way you love him?' The conversation had hit her hard. They had been talking about her recent events and troubles with Oliver.

She clicked the up button on her phone to read the next text, 'Peyton? Hello? Did I strike a nerve? I'm sorry if I did and if I may have offended you. What I'm really hoping is, is that you fell asleep on me lol. Well either way, I'm off to bed g-night dear, I'll make sure your seat is saved for lunch tomorrow. Just make sure you have those bells on lol.' She smiled at the little joke he had put at the end of his message and closed her phone. Peyton finally had someone to talk to about her and Oliver's relationship, and it made her feel free.

A clanging noise coming from her red, black and white decorated kitchen broke her out of the trance she was in. She looked up to see Oliver hunting for something in the cupboards, what it was, she didn't know. She stood up and slowly made her way over towards the kitchen. Peyton Clarkson was actually afraid of the man in her kitchen at that moment. She was afraid of what he may say or do to her considering he was probably still angry from the night before.

"Oliver?" Peyton said sofly, barely above a whipser, as she approached him. She felt as if she was walking on eggshells around him.

"Good morning babe," Oliver stopped what he was doing and walked over to her, placing a kiss on her cheek, "have you seen the toaster hun? I wanted to make me some toast to hold me over before the luncheon today."

Peyton stared at him with a dumbfounded look on her face. Was this the same Oliver she had seen stomp off to their room out of jealousy and anger last night. 'Oh no. Please not again!' she thought to herself as memories of the past came flooding over her. She backed away from him slowly until her back hit the counter behind her.

"Peyton?" Oliver questioned, concern written all over his face. "Are you ok? And have you seen that stupid toaster? I swear I can never find anything in this kitchen!"

"Oh, um, its in the bottom cabinent on the bottom shelf on the right in the back." Peyton said as she started to make her way towards their bedroom.

"Do you want some toast too, babe?" Oliver called after her as he reached in and grabbed the toaster, placing it on the counter gently.

Peyton mumbled an incoherent 'no' as she shut the door to the bedroom behind her. Everything was in the exact same place as it had been two nights prior to the fight, except for the bed. That had looked as if it were freshly slept in. She stomped over towards the bed and threw the covers off. There it was, the one thing Peyton had feared she would see again, staring up her from the sheets, mocking her.

She reached over and picked up the empty bottle and let the tears she had been holding back flow freely down her face. "Oh Oliver, why are you doing this to yourself and to us again? Why?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

"You look stunning as always Peyton Alexandra!" Oliver said as he walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her, embracing her lovingly.

Peyton smiled at him, not really wanting to believe him. She had to admit though, today, she had out done herself. She cleaned up pretty well when she wanted to. She wore a short black and white polka-dotted dress with a pair of black and white polka-dotted ballerina slippers that laced up her long legs. Her hair was down this time and straightened with a matching headband placed in just the right spot. She wore light makeup, black eyeliner seemed fitting, and her black framed glasses. Today she felt beautiful.

"Thank you Oliver," was all she could muster up at that moment.

"No problem. You know I will always find you amazingly beautiful," Oliver said kissing her softly. This was definetly not her Oliver. He was never this caring and compassionate anymore. "I'm going to go and get changed love, be right back." He kissed her again and headed to their bedroom. After he was out of earshot, Peyton broke down.

"Your not my Oliver! Why are you doing this to me again? I just don't understand." Peyton said in a harsh, low voice. It echoed off the grey walls, making it feel more real to her now more than ever. 'It' was back.

Peyton collapsed into her favorite chair. She needed to find out who, where and when he was given that bottle. She grabbed her purse off the coffee table and reached inside to retrieve her phone and flipped it open without glancing at the cover. '1 New Message' was displayed across her welcome screen. Sighing to herself, she hit 'read' 'Hey sunshine! Its Patrick. Just wanted to let you know that we are here waiting for ya doll. Your seat is saved! And you had better hurry, Joe is getting antsy and hungry. We really need to feed this boy more often lol.'

Peyton smiled, and not one of those 'Oh let me be happy for you, when in actuality I'm really not' fake smile, but truely smiled at how big of a heart Patrick really had. She went to reply to his message when Oliver stepped out of the bedroom, closing the door behind him. She shut her phone abruptly and shoved it into her purse.

Oliver must have mistakened the smile for himself as he walked up to her and grabbed her hand. "Let's blow this popsicle stand."

Oh please God! Don't let him lose his feeling of high at lunch. Please don't!' Peyton thought as they walked out, locking the door behind them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

'...maybe I should hate you for this, maybe you didn't quite get it...' Peyton's phone sang loudly Taking Back Sunday in the car as they pulled into the resturant parking lot. Another text message. She flipped it open and read it to herself as Oliver got out of the car and made his way over towards her side. 'Hurry up and get here. Your seat is getting cold.'

"Who was that? Was it a text?" Oliver questioned as he helped her out of the car.

Peyton texted a quick reply and shoved the phone back into her already overstuffed purse. "Yeah, it was just Krystal." she lied. Oliver accepted her answer though and held the door of the resturant open as she quickly caught up to him and rushed inside.

Oliver followed suit and walked up to the waiter. "Hi! I'm here for the Island luncheon. The names' Oliver Lemmings."

"Oh yes, mister Lemmings. Right this way, follow me please." the waiter instructed briskly as he walked them towards the back of the expensive italian resturant.

Peyton followed, her hand now clutched tightly in Oliver's hand. For some reason, as they approached the secluded back room, a huge case of butterflies had infected her stomach and she did not know why. She shook it off as quickly as it had came as they entered through another doorway.

"HEY OLIVER! PEYTON! OVER HERE!" Duane, the lead singer of Lucid Eyes, and Oliver's best friend, called out to the two as they made their way over.

"Hey guys!" Oliver said as he looked up and down the table, his eyes passing over random people. The only ones he seemed to no know were Fall Out Boy and of course his own bandmates.

Peyton tensed upon entry. She hated how there were so many people all gathered in one room. It almost made her feel clostraphobic. Her eyes continued to scan the room until she was met with another pair staring right back at her. 'A gorgeous pair.' she thought as she made her way over towards the table where Lucid Eyes and Fall Out Boy sat chatting away.

Oliver grabbed a seat next to Pete immediately and jumped into their conversation without a second glance at his girlfriend.

Peyton, on the other hand, sat down slowly next to Patrick, the only other seat that was available at the time. So, there she sat, awkwardly she might add, between her boyfriend and her new texting buddy. Patrick and Peyton exchanged looks briefly before turning and looking at something else besides each other. To outsiders, they would assume that Patrick and Peyton had a little afair going on between them. Each one dodging the other's eyes in fear that they may get caught. But to them though, it felt natural, and the closest thing to normalcy that Patrick had experienced in years.

Patrick leaned over gently and whispered in her ear, his breath slid down across her neck, sending chills down her spine in the process. "I told you I would save you a seat. So, where are those bells?"

She couldn't help but lean closer to him, begging for him to do it again. She lifted her arm and on her wrist lay a simple bracelet. Patrick cocked an eyebrow at her, which caused her to giggle slightly as she shook her wrist and the bracelet made that familiar jingle-a-ling sound.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

AH! So there it is..took long enough..blah ok so you know what to do...reviews would be lovely...good and bad!
Sign up to rate and review this story