Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Swear I'll Shake it up If You Swear to Listen

I'm Seated And Sweating To a Dance Song

by Geets 7 reviews

Vicky should be a journalist... apparently. They all go out in the evening

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-02-23 - Updated: 2007-02-23 - 2114 words

0Unrated
At about 6pm, after Brendon and I had had some alone time, and he was satisfied that I had repaid him, he wanted to change for the evening and so I went downstairs to the lounge, where I found Keltie and Ryan, Jon and Cassie, just snuggling on the sofas. I sat down with them as the movie they were watching finished.

Jon and Cassie decided to go and get something to drink from the kitchen, and Cassie went to freshen up in the bathroom. So I engaged in a random conversation with Ryan as we waited for our boyfriend or girlfriend; I asked him a question that I was curious to know the answer to.

"So Ryan, how do you write such good music? You write the lyrics; how do you do it?" I asked curiously.

He looked a little taken aback at first, but then he composed himself. "I don't really think it's a good album to be honest with you."

I let my jaw drop brilliantly this time, and I made no effort to close my mouth. "Excuse me, but WHAT?! You don't think your album is good?!"

"No, not really. There's so much we could have made better but never did. I don't really get why we have had so much publicity over it."

"Wow, I am not hearing this. You seriously don't think it's a good album?"

"It's nothing special," he shrugged. I was dumbstruck. How could he say that. But as I sat astonished at his words, a thought crossed my mind.

"Ok... so if you don't think it's good, then why write it?"

I smirked slightly when he didn't reply immediately. "The album was meant to just be the basis of our band, not the one to make us famous and well-known. We never intended to be on magazine covers and stuff for a few years; we weren't prepared for it. And plus, at the time it was good. I'm just a perfectionist and I am always thinking of ways to improve our music. So no, I'm not the biggest fan of it. Especially the chorus to London Beckoned. That sucks."

"Really?" I asked rhetorically. I was intrigued by what he had to say. "You saying you don't like the publicity?" I asked him.

"Why is this beginning to feel like an interview?"

It was then that I stopped and regretted this. "Sorry... I didn't mean to, I was just wondering that's all."

"Of course we like the publicity, I mean it's, like, amazing that we've become so well known having only made one album and being so young. It just gets a bit much. I guess I just would have liked to ease into this whole idea before jumping straight in at the deep end, if you know what I mean."

I nodded. "Yeah... I can see how that can get to you. Come to think about it, after listening to your new stuff you guys are writing, it does sound pretty different. But in a good way. I like both styles really," I added quickly. For being the one to start this little debate, I was sure digging myself a big hole; how the hell am I going to get out?!

My ticket to freedom just strolled down the stairs wearing a t-shirt with a shirt over the top and a pair of skinny jeans. Did he /ever not look drop dead gorgeous? I bet he looks even better if I just took away the clothes.../

"Hey babe, you ok?" Brendon came and sat next to me.

"Vicky has been harassing me," Ryan pouted sadly.

"What did you do Vicky?" Brendon turned to me seriously.

"I didn't do anything! I didn't mean to!" I exclaimed. "You guys are my favourite band; I'm sorry if curiosity killed the damn cat, but I was just asking about your music..."

"She sounded like a journalist. You ever considered being one? You'd be pretty damn good," Ryan said. I was totally confused - was he being sarcastic or sincere? It was practically impossible to tell, or at least to me it was.

But since they burst out laughing, presumably at me and the screwed up look on my face, and I blushed to a ruby red colour, I guessed he was joking. So I laughed along. I was a bit of a retard. I was slow! Sue me, at least I got to meet them.

"I thought you hated English?" Brendon asked me after recovering from a lot of laughter.

"I do, which makes that even freakier," I said, raising my eyebrow.

"Aww, our Vicky is multi-talented," Brendon said, putting his arm around me and squeezing my arm. As Jon, Cassie and Keltie all seemed to return at the same time, Brendon asked, "So, are we all going out tonight?"

"Yeah, sure, sounds good. Shall we give Spence a call? I'm not actually sure I want to..." Jon joked.

"Fine, I'll do it, you big baby. Where do you fancy going?" Ryan asked, getting out his cell phone and dialling Spencer's number.

"Planet Hollywood. We always get to use the back room and I love having the privacy," Brendon said. He kissed me on the cheek; it was so nice to be so close to him all the time.

"Alright, Planet Hollywood it is... Hey man, you alright..." Ryan spoke to Spencer.

"Shall we call a cab or a limo or something; 'cause I don't think anyone is going to be fit to drive tonight," Jon thought.

"Hey, I don't intend to drink!" I protested.

"Yes, but neither can you drive," Brendon pointed out patronisingly. I gave him a look, which he smiled at and he kissed me on the cheek.

"I can't stay mad at you," I said softly and kissed him sweetly. He took the opportunity to slide his tongue in my mouth and I weaved my arms around his waist as he pulled me closer.

"Dude!" Jon shouted at us. "God, I was ok with it before, but if I have to witness that every minute of the day, I am gonna have to move out!"

"Like you don't do that with Cassie," Brendon defended. "And plus, I'm just showing my girlfriend that I care; there's no harm in that!" Fucking hell, he was so sweet! My knees went weak as he kissed me once more. I had the biggest smile on my face; a smile which Spencer caught straight onto when we arrived at the restaurant.

"Why are you grinning so crazily? It's a little creepy," he asked cautiously. That just made me smile more.

"Do I need a reason to smile and be happy?" I asked airily.

"Yes, you do, especially when your teeth are showing that much."

I laughed, and then I shrugged. "It's what having a boyfriend does to me."

At that moment Brendon placed his arms around my waist from behind. He whispered, "Hey gorgeous, I love seeing you smile like that."

I laughed comfortably; "See Spence, Brendon likes my smile!"

"What?" Brendon asked, confused.

"Her crazy smile was creeping me out," Spence explained and laughed. I pouted at him sadly.

"Aw, don't be mean! She's so cute, and adorable..."

I closed my eyes and bit my lip as his lips met my skin. I tilted my head to one side as he kissed me deeply, then I span round in his arms and kissed him; again, and again.

We joined the others in the back room shortly, after deciding that we did have time for that later. It was great fun; we all had a bit to drink, the others more than me, and we all hung out together chatting about the most random things. More embarrassing past-time events came up in our conversations, and I laughed so hard that I cried at a story Ryan told.

"It was our Senior Prom Night, but we really didn't want to go. We just wanted to blow it all off. We hated high school, if you didn't already know. We still went, but it was so unbelievable boring, even with dates. So we dared Brendon to ask the most popular girl in school to dance with him. I think he must have had too much to drink 'cause even Brendon Urie isn't that stupid."

"Let's just say he got slapped across the face and kicked by some big-ass heels," Spence finished. I cracked up for ages.

"You seriously did that? Oh my god, I don't even want to know where she kicked you..." I said, causing more laughter.

------

"How about we have a karaoke night? That's always fun!" Brendon said, jumping up from his seat in the restaurant suddenly at his idea.

"Yeah, Brendon, fun for you. You can actually sing," I pointed out as I snuggled up to him.

"You can't say that; I've never even heard you sing, so how can you just say you can't sing?"

"There's a reason for why I haven't sung to you before, Bren."

"Please? I really want to hear you sing! How can a beautiful girl like you not have a voice to match it?"

He always knew what to say; Brendon was such a charmer! "Fine," I agreed finally. "I'll sing one song, but if it's crap and you end up covering your ears, then don't blame me."

"Cool! Karaoke night it is! How about we only sing songs we wrote?" Spence thought.

"No," Hayley said immediately.

"No way, I'm not singing one of your songs. No, not happening," I said bluntly.

"Oh come on, it would be fun; please?" Jon asked.

"Please babe, would you?" Brendon asked, pouting at me then smiling fantastically.

I nodded slowly; I could never resist Brendon. He kissed me to say thanks. "Alright! Who wants to go first?" Brendon asked cheerfully.

"Since this was your idea, and you're the singer of Panic!, then you can start, I think," Cassie said to Brendon.

"Ok. Hmmm... I want to sing... Lying is the Most Fun... I love that one, and I know somebody else does too." He winked at me and I giggled.

He sang amazingly. Well, what's new? We all applauded cheesily at the end. It was great.

Too bad it was my turn next. "Oh, god..." I moaned at them. I did not want to sing their own songs to them; I was terrible at singing! My brother always told me to shut up if I sung along to a song.

I stood up as everyone stared right at me and I was trying to choose what song to sing. Fuck. I didn't handle attention very well, especially when it's for something like this. "What should I sing? I can't choose," I said, giving up since I really couldn't decide.

"Which songs do you know the lyrics to?" Ryan asked me. I just gave him a very obvious 'duh' sort of look. What sort of question was that?!

"Ok, I take it you know all of them," he said. I smiled patronisingly at him, but laughed it off after with the others.

"Sing 'Time to Dance', Brendon randomly blurted out. I shrugged and agreed, then Spence put the music on. Double fuck.... Triple fuck. My cue was coming; I had to start singing. I never sang in tune, and they were bound to pick up on any faults like that. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck... etc.

Well she's not bleeding on the ball room floor just for the attention 'cause that's just ridiculous... ly on...

Somehow I managed to get through the whole song, and I was so pleased - I didn't make any major slip-ups!

"Oh my god," Ryan said.

Then I panicked. "Oh god, was it really that bad?"

"Bad? BAD?! Vicky, you were fucking brilliant!" Brendon said, rising from his chair to hug me.

"What?! No I wasn't! You're just saying that," I said as he released me.

"Honey, I don't even know you that well, but that was so good," Keltie agreed. I was overwhelmed.

"Well done Vicks!" Jon exclaimed.

As I sat next to Brendon, totally bewildered and overly ecstatic, he whispered in my ear, "Oh, we are definitely continuing where we left off earlier, don't you worry babe..." I felt goosebumps pop up everywhere as he said these words then touched my arm lightly. It was Ryan's turn now.

~~~~~~

Ok, so I'm really sorry that I haven't updated recently. I hope you like this, this story is getting quite random actually, lol. Reviews would be fantastic, and I'll try to update asap! (All who review get choc cake and cookies! 'Cause I love reviews, and I love people who review! Lol hint hint)
Sign up to rate and review this story