Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Panic Meets Justin

Chapter 4

by magicforsmokey 1 review

Can we just get on with the story?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] - Published: 2007-02-23 - Updated: 2007-02-24 - 1105 words

-1TrainWreck
When the concert had finished and Brendon had made it clear that Ryan was in love, Justin was left sweating, with a hoarse voice. Everyone had gone to bed early, though Ryan seemed faraway. Justin could only guess he was thinking about that girl. What was her name again? Oh yeah, Debbie. As Justin lay on the small bed, staring at the ceiling (or the roof of the bus), he wondered what was wrong with him.

Everyone had somebody to care for, somebody that they would do anything for. He, on the other hand kept his heart to himself. Too many girls had cheated on him before and he had never felt comfortable in the presence of one. Sure, on T.V he was outrageously flirtatious but that was just for the media. That wasn't really him. He guessed he was out going and pretty self-confident but still, with girls... Seeing Ryan fall in love before Justin's own eyes made it look like love was easy, it was something that just happened. Maybe so, but all the same, it had made Justin realize something: he longed to have somebody like that, to share that special feeling again. He would really have to start looking.

As morning dawned on the tour bus, Justin could hear somebody rumaging through the kitchen. He guessed it was Ryan. He got out of bed and opened the door. Spencer stood there, back to him, looking into the fridge. "Good mornin'." Justin said sleepily. Spencer jumped. He hit his head on the cabnet above. "I don't see what's so good about it." He answered rubbing his head. "I have a back-ache from the show last night." Justin laughed. He seated himself on one of the chairs beside the table. "You'll get used to it soon enough." Justin frowned. "What are you doing in the fridge this early in the morning anyway?" Spencer blushed a scarlett red. "I was kinda looking for that pie Ry made yesterday." Justin laughed. It was Spencer who had complained about it tasting horrible the day before. Spencer took out the apple pie and set it on the table before he sat down.

He took a piece and Justin took the other. "Can I ask you a question?" Spencer asked, looking very serious. Justin nodded, mouth full. "How do you bear with all this?" Justin was confused for a moment. He thought Spencer was talking about the pie. Then he realized that he was talking about the entertainment industry. "The money, the fans, the shows....? Take your pick." He answered, going back to eating. Spencer looked out the window thoughfully. "I mean, do you ever get depressed, thinking about everything that awaits you the next day? Especially after a long show?" Justin thought for a moment. "No." he answered. He smiled. "You have to realize that everything in this world has a good side and a bad side. The whole entertainment thing is no different." He took a gulp of milk. "Sometimes you just have to coop with what comes your way." He looked at Spencer's confused expression and laughed. "I'm not going all old-school on you. It's just that everytime you feel down or depressed, think about everything that you have, compare it to what other people have, and look forward to a new day." Spencer nodded. "Besides, there's always payback for your work, take it from somebody who knows."

A few minutes later, the rest of Panic! stumbled into the kitchen, each looking tired and worn. Justin couldn't help but laugh. "If you think that was tough, you've seen nothin' yet." A breakfast of bacon and eggs cheered everyone up considerably. They had another concert coming up the next day. "It's like a never-ending road." Jon complained. But the rest of the day they had to themselves. To do some sight seeing and (if they're unlucky enough) more autographs.

Justin thought he'd check out the fair in town. He hadn't been to one of those for years. That was another thing he'd missed. Brendon decided to go with him. "There's nothing else to do." he said. "Besides maybe you'll know what to do in case of a fan-attack better than I do." They drove for half an hour until they had found a big sign painted red and blue with the words State Fair carefully engraved into it. Up ahead, they could see the different rides and tents all set up. Justin could almost smell the excitement (not to mention the cotton candy). They entered through the front entrance. Brendon was interested in some elephant show and agreed to meet Justin at the car in 2 hours. Justin walked through the fair, trying his hand at a few carnival games. There was a girl playing at the "hit the bottle" stand. She had blonde hair and at that moment, she seemed to be concentrating very hard at the green see-through bottle in front of her. Justin stood beside her and payed for four balls. He shot until all the balls were knocked down. The girl turned to him, amazed. "How did you do that?" She asked in disbelief. I've been trying for hours and I havn't gotten a single throw in yet." Justin noticed she had beautiful blue eyes. "You aim the ball with your right eye and throw with a slight curve." He answered, juggling the balls. The girl turned slightly to the left. She closed her right eye and aimed with her left hand. The ball curved slightly and threw the ball. It just missed it's mark. She sighed and turned to him. "I'm Rachel by the way." Justin smiled. "I'm Justin." Rachel frowned. "I'm sure I've seen you somewhere. I forgot though." Justin laughed softly. "What are you laughing about?" Rachel asked, slightly annoyed. "Nothing." Justin replied. He looked at the last ball in her hand. "You want help with that?" He asked. She nodded. Justin moved behind her and steadied her arm. He aimed and she threw. The bottle fell with a crack. She turned, bewildered. Justin felt himself smile again. The guy in charge of the stand handed her a big purple teddy bear. Rachel smiled. "Thanks." she said it to the guy but she looked at Justin.

Driving back to the bus, Justin was lost in thought. Though there would only be one third of a chance they'd ever see each other again, he could get Rachel out of his mind. Rachel. What a beautiful name. Brendon chattered on about what he saw at the fair and how it amazed him that people actually recognized him. Justin nodded, barely listening.
Sign up to rate and review this story