Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Stole My Heart Gerard Way

Something Unexpected

by MicVSMoshpit 4 reviews

Sara makes plans for the future, but she forgets to include a certain someone, and instead, chooses someone unexpected.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-02-24 - Updated: 2008-02-09 - 1265 words - Complete

0Predictable
Monday at school, I was putting some books in my locker, when I noticed a little piece of paper with my name on it. I picked it up and studied the writing. I didn't recognize it. I opened it with curiosity, and giddiness. It read:
Sara,
Hope you had a good post prom weekend.
Also hoping we can talk about plans for
Toronto. Meet me today outside at lunch.
Have a nice morning.
Tim

I folded the note and put it into my pocket just as Gerard came up behind me. He grabbed me and spun me around. "Good morning beautiful."

"Gerard, where the hell have you been? I've been calling you all weekend!"

He let me go and looked down the hallway. "I was, uh, busy." I could tell that he was lying.

"Sure. If you're mad at me, then tell me!"

He looked at me hurt, and quickly replied, "I'm not mad at you. I'm just, oh nevermind. So what was that paper you just put away?"

Now it was my turn to lie. "Umm. Nothing, just some notes I took in a class." Why I didn't want to tell Gerard what it was about, I had no clue. I knew I should have, him being my best friend and all. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead, I shut my locker and started walking to my next class. Gerard must have been day dreaming because he called, "wait up" and caught up next to me.

"So, what do you want to do for lunch today?"

Aw crap. What should I tell him. The truth? "Hey Gee, I'm actually going to eat lunch with Tim Keegan today. We have to talk about some stuff."

"Oh, okay." He looked disappointed, but his attitude quickly changed when he saw Elizabeth walking down the hall with Jeff. It's just what we both needed. Gerards face turned to stone, and I had a flashback to what happened in my car on Friday night. I had been trying all weekend to forget about it, and had only thought about once this morning. The bell rang signaling the start of second period, and since Gerard and I had Art Foundations, we hurried along the halls together. We entered the class, just as the second bell went.

My usual spot was occupied by somone else, so I took a seat at the back corner, away from Gerard who was sitting near the front. He turned around and pretended to be crying. I rolled my eyes and took out my sketch book.

_____________________________________________________________________________

After class, Gerard left to meet up with Ray and Frank, and I headed to the front of the school to meet Tim, but first stopping at my locker. I walked out the front doors, and saw Tim standing by a nearby tree. His longish brown hair was slightly being blown around in the wind, and he seemed to have this air about him. He noticed me walking up to him, and he flashed his big grin. I couldnt help but smile back. Who couldn't?

"Hey Sara."

"Hey Tim."

"Thanks for coming."

"No problem."

"Let's go over here." We walked over to the closest bench and took a seat. "Okay, let's get down to business. When are you planning to go to Toronto?"

"Well, my parents were actually hoping that I'd go the weekend after graduation. They think it's a good idea to get aquainted with the city before I go there. Weird, I know."

"It's not weird. My parents were thinking the same thing too."

"Sweet deal." I had my hands fiddiling in my lap. "Although, I don't know if my parents would approve if I told them I was going to Toronto with some guy from school. I think they would get the wrong idea. You know?"

"Yeah." He looked down at his shoes while thinking. "Okay. How about this. Get a plane ticket for the Sunday after Graduation. Get it as soon as you can, then tell me which airline it's for. Then I'll make sure to get one from the same airline."

"Okay. But you realize we'll probably end up not sitting next to eachother."

"Then I guess you don't know about my powerful persuasion skills." He laughed at himself. "So where are you staying when you get there?"

"Oh, my parents found a place for me on the internet. It's a one bedroom apartment, with a washroom, and a kitchen, living room. You know the drill. What about you?"

"I was going to stay in a hotel until I could find a place to stay. Just a cheap one though."

"You can stay at my place until you find one."

"Really." There it was, for the umpteenth time, his incredible smile. "That would be a big help. It would save a lot of money too."

"Anytime."

"Well, I'm glad we've got that sorted out."

"Yeah." And once again we sat in silence. I could tell he was trying to think of something to say, and so was I, but I had no clue what he was into. Jeez I'm pathetic When suddenly I felt a warm hand on my cold one. I looked over at Tim, who was looking at me. I could see my small reflection in Tim's chocolate brown eyes. My golden brown hair had started to blow over my face, and I went to fix it, but Tim had beat me. He tucked the lose strands behind my ear, and kept his hand on my cheek. As he leaned in towards me, my mind started racing. What about Gerard? What if he finds out? Would he care? Would he be jealous? but the thoughts flew out of my head once his lips made contact with mine. He kissed me gently, and my heart felt like it was smiling. At that point, I didn't care about Gerard, all I cared about was how it made me feel.

I pulled away first. Not because I didn't like it, but because I had run out of breath. "I'm sorry." Tim said quickly.

"No, it's okay. I was just, not ready. I liked it." And without waiting for another word, Tim was kissing me again, and this time I was ready.

After we had stopped kissing, and re-entered the school holding hands, people around us started whispering and pointing. I knew why. Why would someone like him date her. The answer was simple, so he told me when I asked him a minute ago. He liked me, and he shouldn't care what other people think of me. If he wants to date me, then he should be allowed to. I was proud to be seen with him, but as soon as I saw the shocked look on Gerards face, the feeling deflated.

"Tim, can I catch up with you later? I have to talk to somebody."

"Of course." He kissed my forehead and left down the hall. I took a deep breath and walked towards Gerard.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked quietly. He sounded really hurt, and I felt bad.

"Gee, I'm sorry. I really am. It kinda just happened."

"Does he make you happy."

"I'm not sure yet. We just started dating."

"Okay, well. I hope he's everything you've ever wanted." Gerard gave me a half-hearted smile. I returned it. There was a part inside me that wanted Gerard not to be okay with this relationship. But it was stupid. He was leaving, I was leaving. We couldn't be together, as much as I loved him, it would never happen.
Sign up to rate and review this story