Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Secret Romance.

The Envelope

by xyourkissesx 1 review

Emily finds out how her mum really feels.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-02-24 - Updated: 2007-02-24 - 520 words

0Unrated
Mum made such an effort tonight. You could tell she was really trying to make it up to me after all of these years. We even sat together on the old oak dining room table which hasn't been used since god knows when.

After, I watched a bit of MTV2 and started to fall asleep on the sofa. I felt someone poke my shoulder gently, I woke up and grunted and mum was advising me to go up and sleep in my bed.
So I climbed the stairs, taking my book bag with me.


I tipped it upside down whilst I was sat on my carpet, trying to figure out what I needed for school tomorrow. Then I saw an envelope, I forgot about that all day - I guess I had Gerard on my mind, I laughed to myself. I picked it up and started to feel nervous for some reason, I couldn't decide whether I wanted to open it. After staring at it for a few seconds, I just ripped it open. It seemed pretty long so I jumped on my bed and lay down whilst unravelling the letter.

I took a deep breath and read its contents:

'Dearest Emily,

There's so many things I want to tell you, but since our relationship hasn't been the best (which I take full responsibility for) I thought it might be easier for the both of us for you just to read what I have to say'.

I started to already have tears in my eyes. I carried on:

'Firstly I wanted to thank you so much for what you did for me the other night. I have never seen your father that violent, you saved my life. I want to apologise to you witnessing that and also for how I have treated you in the past, the alcohol took over - I know that's not an excuse but I wanted you to know that I am getting help and have joined a group therapy class down at East Wood'.


'Also Dad is not coming back. We are getting a divorce and you and I are both having the house. He says he's truly sorry for what he's done but now it's up to me to support us. I want you to have the best you can and so I am looking for a job as soon as I have passed this therapy class'.

'Even though I have treated you unfairly in these past years, I plan to make it up to you. You will always be my little girl and I want you to know that I love you very much'.

Love mum.


By this point I was in hysterics. I decided that I was going to have to treat mum as best as I could and help in every way. I had no feelings for my dad and didn't want to see him again. I will start tomorrow by removing and tipping all the alcohol down the sink. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, whilst dreaming of me and mum sitting in a park just like good times.
Sign up to rate and review this story