Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Surreal

4. Flunitrazepam

by panda_1418 5 reviews

A talk, a party.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-02-24 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 1186 words

3Exciting
Chapter Four - Flunitrazepam

[Roger's room ... again]

Delilah was in Roger's room, and, for once, it wasn't after midnight. And, miracle of all miracles, they weren't high or stoned. They were just talking. Delilah was lying on her back on Roger's mauve sheets, staring at the painfully white ceiling. The owner of the room leaned up against the foot of his bed. He had to ask her something, and the more he procrastinated, the worse the sick feeling in his stomach got.

Squeezing his eyes shut, Roger tried to sound casual. "Hey, Delilah, I was wondering something."

Rolling so she faced his side of the room, Delilah crossed her feet. "And what would that be?"

Roger sat up. "Well, my friend Damian called me this morning. He and his girl, Carrie, they're going to a party tonight. A rave, actually. And Damian asked me if I wanted to come. Now, you can say 'no' if you want. It's just that showing up at a rave alone would be rather ... humiliating. And damaging to my rep. So, how about it, Delilah? You wanna come tonight?"

She glanced at him and smiled. "A rave, huh? I don't see why not. No prior commitments that I can think of."

Inwardly, Roger was screaming for joy. Outside, he just smiled. "Sweet. So, I'll pick you up at six?"

"Sure." Delilah beamed. "Six sounds good."

Just then, speaker built into all the phones in the Academy began to speak. "Like, pizza night in the cafeteria, dudes. Skedaddle before it's all gone!"

Before Delilah could even blink, Roger grabbed her hand and pulled her out the door. "Hurry up! The cheese goes fast!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

At ten-to-six, Delilah was just finishing her makeup when there was a knock at her door. "I'll be ready in a second, Roger," she called over her shoulder.

"I'm not Roger!"

A puzzled look coming over her face, Delilah rose and walked to the door. "Julius?" she asked as she opened it.

Her partner stood awkwardly in the doorway, rubbing the back of his neck. "Hey, De." He murmured as she pulled the door towards her. "I was wondering if we could ... talk."

"Talk?" Delilah echoed, peering down the hallway. "About what?"

"Um ..." Julius shifted his weight from foot to foot. "Can I come in?"

"Uh, sure ..." She stepped to the side, allowing him to walk past her. "So what do you want to talk about?"

Julius sighed. "You, I guess."

"Me?"

"Yeah. You seem ... I dunno, different. You don't act like yourself anymore. I hardly ever see you anymore. Ever since Roger-"

Delilah laughed softly. "Jules, is this about Roger? You're jealous, aren't you?" She grinned as he went red. "I'm just trying to be friendly. He doesn't know anyone here, remember?"

"He seems to know you quite well," Julius muttered.

Delilah opened her mouth to respond, but Roger walked in. He was about to say something when he noticed Julius. "What's he doing here?"

"Leaving." Julius answered, walking out of the room.

When he was gone, Roger turned to Delilah. "You okay? You look down."

"No, I'm fine," she replied, letting her eyes linger on the door for another second. "Come on, let's go."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Delilah and Roger spent the ride to the rave in silence. The whole way there, Delilah thought about what Julius had said to her.

You seem ... I dunno, different.

Had she really changed? She hadn't noticed. Was it so obvious to everyone she didn't /act like herself anymore/?

I hardly ever see you anymore.

That was hardly true! He was her partner; she spent practically every waking minute of each day with him. Well ... she used to. Roger had been here three days, and she had only spoken to Julius once before tonight ... and that was only to ask him to pass the coffee. But Roger was new, and he didn't know anyone. Al had said that they should get to know him, help him to fit in. She was doing that, wasn't she? While Julius didn't even make an effort?

He seems to know you quite well.

Roger, meanwhile, was preoccupied with his own thoughts ... thoughts of what lay in his hidden pocket of his jacket.

When they pulled up in front of the rave scene, Roger immediately brightened. His friend Damian, a tall, dark-haired young man that you might describe as "emo", was standing in front of the doors. Beside him was a girl of about Delilah's height with bright pink hair done in some crazy up-do: Carrie.

Roger stepped out of the car. When Delilah didn't get out immediately, he opened her door. "You coming or not?" he asked a little too snappishly.

She glared at him. Roger sighed. "Sorry. I'm just a little anxious to see Damian. Last time we were together was two years ago. Back then, he was dating Melissa, so I want to get to know Carrie as quick as I can. Melissa only lasted for six days."

Delilah smirked and snickered. "All right, then. Show me what's so great about raves."

Roger offered her his arm and they walked gracefully over to Damian and Carrie. When the tall man saw them, he grinned widely and held up his palm for Roger. "High-five, dude!"

While the two friends got reacquainted, Carrie popped up beside Delilah. "Hey, I'm Caroline Pratt, but everyone calls me Carrie. And you must be Meghan?"

"Um, no, actually." Delilah tucked her hair behind her ear. "I'm Delilah, Delilah Devonshire."

Carrie flushed. "Oh God, I'm sorry. Damian told me that Roger ... never mind. Let's go in, shall we?"

As they walked to the door, Roger noted who the bouncer was: Bruno. He grinned. Tonight was his night. When Bruno recognized Roger, he punched him in the arm - as sign of greeting. Roger held out his hand and Bruno shook it. Only Delilah noticed him slip something green into the bouncer's hand.

Once inside, Delilah had to blink a few times to get used to the flashing lights. She turned to ask Carrie a question, but she had grabbed Damian and pulled him over to where people were dancing. Roger took Delilah's hand and led her over to the bar.

"Roger," Delilah began, unsure of herself, "Carrie thought my name was Meghan. Who's Meghan?"

Roger shrugged as he ordered a drink. "This girl I dated a couple months ago. It was nothing, Delilah. Don't worry about it. Here, let me get you a drink. Go dance with Carrie, let yourself go."

Delilah was about to protest, but thought better of it. She sighed and wandered over to where Carrie and Damian were dancing like mad. Roger watched to make sure she was out of sight, and then ordered her a martini. When the bartender brought it to him, he slipped something out of his hidden pocket. Dropping it into her drink, he stirred it until it dissolved. Then, he grabbed the drink and gave it to Delilah. She thanked him and began to sip it.

Roger leaned back against the wall and waited.

=============================================================

Synonyms for /Flunitrazepam/: roofies, roche, the forget-me pill, the date rape drug
Sign up to rate and review this story