Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

Therapy Was The Answer

by ForNeverYours 2 reviews

Alex goes the therapy and gets her life back in order....or does she?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 2245 words

0Unrated
"So Alex, how are you holding up?" My therapist asked as she stared at me over her black ripped glasses.
"I'm slowly getting over it." I cleared my throat and glanced around the office. "Very slowly."
"And the flashbacks?" She looked up from writing on her clipboard.
"Are still showing up every once in a while."
"But not as frequently or as painfully?" She asked scribbling down my response.
"No, not as painfully."
"And the prescription is doing well?"
"Yes, I'm sleeping better and I have a better outlook on life." I nodded combing my hands through my hair.
It had been two month's since Chloe died and I started having flashbacks. I passed out in the restaurant from blood rushing to my head, or from me pressing my temples too hard. We did go see a psychiatrist, but Patrick didn't need one for long. They said he was in stable enough condition to live without counseling, my on the other hand had a lot (and I mean A LOT) of things wrong with me. For one I was clinically depressed and not getting over Chloe very easily. So they put me on a mild antidepressant and a sleep aid to help with my insomnia. Along with counseling three times a week I was getting my life under control.
"And how are your wedding plans going?" She asked happily.
"We have a date set and I have a fitting for the dress in an hour actually." I said playing with my engagement ring.
"So, you think you have you life under better control?"
"Much better control." I agreed.
"Because I was thinking cutting our sessions back to once a week, if you wouldn't mind?"
"Oh no, not at all." I shook my head and glanced at my watch.
"So, we'll meet again let's say next Tuesday." She said writing it down and smiling at me. "You're a strong person Alex, but even the strongest get knocked off their feet every once in a while."
I smiled and got up.
"Thank you." I said before walking out the door and into the waiting room
Pete was standing by one of the chairs reading a chart. When he heard movement he turned and smiled.
"Where's Patrick?" I sighed smiling.
"He had to meet with rep from the record company." He hugged me and turned to leave.
"Oh Alex, I forgot to give you this!" My therapist, Kaela as she told me to call her, ran out holding a note.
"Thanks, what's this?" I took it and read it slowly.
"A prescription for a weaker dose of meds." She smoothed her shirt and glanced at Pete. "Who's this?"
"Oh Kaela this is Pete, Pete this is my therapist Kaela."
"Nice to meet the person making Alex less crazy." Pete smirked shaking her hand and looking at her like she was a painting.
"Well, she wasn't exactly crazy." She laughed, without her glasses I guess you could find her attractive if my door swung that way.
"Hey person still here." I said faking being appalled.
"Right." Pete nodded taking out a sharpie and writing down his number on a piece of paper. "Call me sometime, Kaela."
I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm, pulling him out of the office and down the hall.
"So, you like my therapist?"
"She's pretty." He smiled at the thought of her.
"Don't get a boner." I shook my head and kept walking. "And don't ask her to give you private 'counseling' sessions."
"Yeah, like I have anything wrong with me."
"I sense something is off."
"Like what." I glanced at him in my peripheral vision.
"You weren't acting like the spunky, sarcastic self." He said quietly putting his hands in his tight jean pockets.
"Thanks for your concern." I smiled pulling the prescription out of my pants pocket and glancing at it. "Less?"
"Yes less." He said taking it from my hands. "They don't want you taking things you don't need to take."
"Right." I said looking down.
When we got to the studio Pete pushed me into the back room. After Chloe died, we decided that he would design the wedding apparel, mostly because looking at Chloe's dress made me go on a rampage ripping the dress and tux to shreds.
"Ok so this is what your new dress looks like." He pushed me into his showroom and pulled a piece of black fabric off a mannequin.
I gasped and covered my mouth. The new dress had a very romantic sort of look. It had a main white body, then red and black lace covering the corset top, and a red silk train.
"Like it?" He smiled at my euphoric state.
I nodded and hugged him tightly, wondering why we didn't pick him in the first place. He rubbed my back and pushed me away.
"Now that that's over, here's Patrick's getup."
It was a basic black tux, but it had a red silk lining and a black and red fedora that sat on the top. I couldn't help but laugh at it.
"Let's start the fitting." He said calling Sabrina over and whispering something to her. "Don't be afraid to use tape."
My eye got huge as Sabrina led Pete away and turned back to me.
"Oh, I'm gonna love this." She said taking fashion tape and pulling out a good foot of it.
"What are you gonna do?" I asked stepping back.
"Your fitting." She went over to the mannequin and gently unzipped the dress.
It fit nicely, almost too nicely. I smiled at myself in the full-length mirror. Almost a fairytale princess....almost.
"So, what do you think, did me and Pete do a good job or what?" Sabrina smirked crossing her arms.
"A perfect job." I smiled hugging her and turning back to my reflection.
Once the dress was fitted and ready to be worn we went back to my house and sat on the couch. Andy was munching on some type pf vegan food, Joe was strumming his impulse buy, and Pete was flipping through the channels until he came to a rest at Lifetime Movie Channel.
"Have you ever noticed all of these movies are about an abusive husband?"
"And don't forget, the husband is often an alcoholic that often gets wasted then rapes his wife." I nodded taking a sip of my iced tea.
"Pretty sketchy." He said watching as the husband back-handed the wife.
"And that most of the women go on a killing spree and the movie shows her as some type of hero." Sabrina added falling onto the couch beside Joe and grabbing his hand in the same instant.
We all nodded and continued watching even as Patrick walked in and squeezed in between me and Andy. He kissed my cheek and rubbed my hand.
"How was the shrink's office?"
"Good, she gave me a weaker prescription for my meds." I said not taking my eyes off the TV.
"And the fitting?" He asked eagerly.
"Remember the groom is not supposed to see the bride in the wedding dress until the moments they exchange vows." I said looking into his eyes for the first time in a while.
"There's always the honeymoon." He said raising an eyebrow suggestively and leaning in closer to me.
"Down boy." I laughed pushing him back. "There are people around."
He sighed and leaned back into the soft cushions of the couch. This is what a famous band and their girlfriend's did, sit on an old couch watching Lifetime movies and talking. No parties, nothing super wild, and hell your own grandmother would fit in nicely.
My mom walked in dropping her car keys on the kitchen counter and shaking off her coat as she glanced at us and rolled her eyes.
"And I thought rock stars lead exciting lives." She mumbled taking a glass out of the cupboard and pouring herself a glass of tea. "Shit, we're out of food, who wants to go to the store and buy things?"
Pete jumped up and ran over to her.
"I'll go!"
"I don't know, how do I know you'll get food and not something stupid."
"Someone can go with me." He said turning to Joe.
"No, not the pothead." She said pointing at him then glanced at me and Patrick with a pleading look.
"We'll go." I sighed pushing myself away from the comforting cushions and grabbing my coat.
Once in the car I sighed and looked at mom's list, basic food stuff's. As I drove I fished through the console and produced a pen.
"We're adding to this list." I said handing the list to Patrick and told him what to write. "Ok, condoms, extras large."
I heard Pete chuckle in the back. I smirked and continued.
"A pregnancy test." I said Patrick's hand stiffen. "Don't worry, it's not for me."
"What else?" He cleared his throat.
"I don't know, that's all the farther I got on the little prank."
"You have no idea how to prank people, I'll show you." Pete said as I pulled to a stop in the parking lot.
We all got out and made out way to into the store. I got a cart and started pushing. Pete jumped into the cart and started laughing hysterically.
"God Pete, you're heavy." I said pushing as hard as possible, getting weird passing glances from people that were partially sane.
"Push, slave!" He commanded pointing forward and laughing.
Patrick laughed and ran to catch up with us. Suddenly a great idea popped into my head.
"Patrick get on the front." I said slowing down so he could get on.
He got on and gripped the edge tightly. I found an empty isle and started pushing as hard as possible. Once we got as fast as it would go I jumped on the back and laughed as we went speeding into the frozen food section.
Of course we wrecked. I fell with an almost sickening plop in the cold tile floor laughing so hard I thought I'd pee myself. Pete pulled himself off the floor and dusted off his jeans. Patrick was basically in shock sitting on the floor staring off into space. I got up and hugged him. He instantly came back to life and pulled me into his lap, in the floor, of Wal-Mart.
Before anybody could come and take us in for questioning we regained our composure and got the things on the list along with the things we wrote down.
I laughed as Pete threw a vibrating toothbrush in the cart along with lube and a bottle of body building tablets. Patrick shook his head and put a guitar magazine in the cart along with a case of Red Bull.
We checked out and almost got stopped at the front, but were let go. Once back in the car Pete got out a condom, which he carefully unrolled and filled with lube and body building tablets. The carefully he grabbed Patrick's open Red Bull and poured in a little. It fizzed and spat. He quickly tied a knot at the end and laid it aside to start on another one.
"What are you gonna do with those?" I sighed warily pulling into the driveway.
"Water balloons." Was all he said as he slid out of the seat and ran up to the house shouting something.
Me and Patrick sat in the car for a few more seconds not saying anything. I glanced at him and felt his eyes slide to look at me too. I smiled and reached for his hand. I found it without much work and gripped it. He gripped my hand tighter, afraid to let go.
"I love you." Was all I had to say before he leaned over the console and kissed my cheek.
"And I always will." He finished my sentence getting out and grabbing a few of the bags out of the back.
I sighed, with the same stupid love struck smile on my face as I got the rest of the bags and practically skipped into the house. I stopped dead in my tracks. There was a sick brown mixture all over the one wall. Joe stood dripping in Red Bull, chalky pills, and lube.
"Who gave Pete condoms?" He asked shaking.
I winced and raised my hand.
"Never again." He shook his head.
I sighed and looked from Joe to Patrick, to Andy. They all gave me the same 'you so stupid, but we still love you' face. I sighed and got out a bucket and a rag. I cleaned off the wall and sighed.
"No more condoms." I thought to myself laughing. "Who would've ever thought those words would come out of my mind."
I sat down in front of my laptop and turned it on. As part of my therapy I was supposed to write about my feelings, fears, and experiences of the day. As I typed away I thought about Chloe, I did miss her, but I thought of her fondly instead of sobbing and asking God why she was taken.
I knew she was gone. I knew she was never coming back. But it still felt like something was missing form my life. I pushed the thought away as I closed the laptop and leaned back into the cushions. Plus I had other much happier things to think about, like my wedding that was only three months away.
Sign up to rate and review this story