Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Welcome to the What If's

Vandalism and Police Officers

by ForNeverYours 2 reviews

Aubrey and Andy go on a teen-aged rade.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 3338 words

0Unrated
Aubrey's POV

I yawned and pulled myself out of bed. It was a rough night, thinking I was going to get a night away from my own personal stalker only to find out he was in that band. It gave me a headache just thinking about it.
I looked at myself in the mirror, dark circles hung like shadows under my eyes that fit nicely with my eye being terribly bloodshot. I sighed and combed my hair back into a messy knot.
I went down the steps and into the kitchen. My mother was on her cleaning spree, wiping at this scrubbing at that. I flopped down in a chair and pulled a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me.
Ma tisked and wiped the spot where the plate had just been.
"So, how was your night Aubrey?" She watched me slowly take a bite of the bacon and chew it even slower.
"It sucked, our lovely neighbor was there."
"Who? That raunchy son of theirs?" She spat with disdain, hating him as much as I did. "That boy needs a hair cut and a one way ticket to military school."
I laughed thinking about him strapped with a gun running around a field full of dead bodies crying like a child. I didn't even notice biting my tongue until the blood dripped down my mouth and onto the table. I discreetly wiped it away before my mom could notice.
"So, what's in the plans for today my dear?"
"I don't know what about you?" I lifted my head and smirked.
"Well, I was planning on going into inner city and getting lost then eating ice cream and shopping until my feet bled." She held her finger to her lip like she was thinking. "If only I knew someone to go with."
"I'll go." I said eagerly. This was one thing my mom was good for, when she was in the mood to go shopping she would buy anything.
"Oh would you?" She said excitedly.
"Of course mom." I nodded.
"You just want to go for the clothes." She joked.
"There's that and the fact we haven't been buddy-buddy since I was fourteen."
"Go get ready; we're leaving in an hour." She said running up the steps.
I finished my food and got a quick shower. I brushed my hair until the tangles left and looked in my closet for something to wear. I finally chose a striped red and white shirt under a black cami, along with a pair of dark jeans and a pair of checkered flats.
I kept my hair tied back and applied some make-up. I smiled at my reflection and turned to the window, again I noticed a figure staring at my house through the shadows of the window. I shook my head and flipped off the figure before closing the blinds and grabbing my paint splattered hoodie off the computer chair.
"Ok Mom, I'm ready!" I shouted taking the steps two at a time.
"Let's go." She said picking up her keys and racing me out to the car.

~

"Whoo!" She said dropping the many bags that hung on her limbs on the kitchen floor. "That was fun."
"Yeah." I smiled sipping some cold drink we got at a randomly placed restaurant.
"We should do that more often." She smiled hugging me. "I'm gonna go to bed, don't be up too late."
"Sure." I said going up to my room and dropping my bags on my bed and placed my drink on the desk.
Andy's window was open and it looked like no one was home. I bit my lip and sighed.
"Why not." I said opening in the window and slipping out into the night.
Yes, my mother and I were shopping until it was dark; it never really fazed us if it was night or day. I shimmied down the drainpipe and landing on my feet in the front lawn. I quickly crossed the street and climbed a hanging vine frame.
"Stupid plant." I mumbled fighting with one of the vines that got caught around my foot.
Sooner, better than later I got on the roof panting and gasping for breath.
"I never thought climbing a roof could be this hard." I said rubbing my sore arm form when I got it caught on one of the openings.
A long scratch ran the length of my forearm. I sighed and pulled my hoodie sleeve down, then peered into Andy's room. He was sitting at his computer looking at something. I bit my lip and slid forward to look in a little easier.
I was couldn't tell exactly what was on his computer, it looked like blurry pictures of some girl. That was when I noticed what he was doing. His pants were down by his ankles and he let his head fall back letting out a loud moan. I watched him with disgust but couldn't take my eyes off him. Finally he let out a loud groan.
He turned and let out a gasp when he noticed me sitting on his roof watching him. He quickly pulled up his pants and wiped the sweat off his forehead. We locked eyes for a brief second before I shook my head in disgust and slowly slid to the edge of the roof.
"Aubrey, wait!" He yelled out his window, making me stop and turn. "It's not what it looked like."
"What, you jacking off to some porn star?" I scoffed and jumped off the roof with ease, then taking off over to my house where I easily climbed the vine frame in front of my house and into my window.
Before I could even flop down on my bed and turn on my newly installed TV I heard something tap my window. Rolling my eyes I got up and stood in front of my window looking out to see Andy standing under it with a handful of pebbles.
"What?!" I whispered angrily opening the screen and slipping out again.
"Let me explain." He said dropping the pebbles and dusting off his hands on his pant legs.
"What's to explain, I saw you jacking off to some girl." I said hugging my hoodies tighter around me as a gust of wind caught the hem of it.
"Can we talk?" He said as a dog bark in the background.
"And why would you want to do that?" I smirked putting my hands on my hips.
"Because I think we need to get on the right page." He said desperately.
"What would it hurt?" I sighed walking to the edge of the roof and getting ready to jump if only it weren't for the stupid pant leg that I actually fell off the roof and into Andy's arms.
There was an awkward pause where Andy was holding me gently with my arms wrapped around his neck, bracing for impact of the fall. When I noticed I hadn't hit the ground I slowly opened my eyes and looked at Andy who had his eyes closed waiting for me to hit him.
I cleared my throat and he opened his eyes, loosening his grip on me and letting my legs drop to the ground. I let my arms fall to my sides and stood in front of him still in awkward silence mode.
"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked as he stared at the ground.
"I'm sorry I watched you." He said looking back up.
"I'm sorry I watched you jack off." I said kicking at the dirt with one checkered flat.
"You wanna go for a walk?" He asked as the moonlight illuminated his face glittering off of his lip piercing.
"Sure." I nodded biting at my lip and following him as he turned and walked down the empty street.
We walked in silence for a while. I watched my feet move, one in front of the other. Finally Andy stopped at the house Lyn and I went to only yesterday. He shot a glance my way and walked up to the second story window, picking up a rock as he went. I watched him carefully toss it and let it hit the window frame instead of the window. A very tired looking Patrick emerged and looked down at us, quickly nodded and went back into his room for only a second. He reemerged carrying a hoodie and a pair of sneakers. He slid out his window and jumped onto the ground just in front of us.
"Where to tonight?" He asked in a hushed tone.
"Pete', Joe's, and then.....Wal-Mart." Andy said watching as Patrick slipped on his shoes and look at me.
"You're that girl from last night." Patrick said finally standing up and sizing me up.
"I'm Aubrey, just call me Bre." I smiled at him and looked at Andy. "How far is Pete's?"
"A long walk, he lives in Wilmette."
"WILMETTE!" I shrieked, a dog barked making us run quickly before someone noticed us or called the cops.
"Yes Wilmette." Andy said stopping for breathe at a stop sign.
"But that twenty miles away." I protested as they both started walking.
"I know." He said again.
"How do you expect to get to Wilmette on foot?" I said running to catch up with them.
"We don't." Patrick said walking up to another house and throwing a stone at yet another window.
This time a boy with curl shoulder length brown hair, peeked his head out and smirked at us.
"Late night rendezvous?" He laughed throwing his keys at Andy and closing the window again.
"Why didn't we take one of your cars?" I questioned as we got in the dirty, slimy car.
I slid in the backseat and glanced at the porn magazine that sat on the edge of the seat. I pushed it off the seat and looked form Patrick to Andy, then back again.
"Answer me or I'm getting out and walking home and I won't talk to either of you again."
"God, we're going to get Pete, Joe and Lyn and we're going to Chicago to hang out till about 4 at which point we're going home and pretending nothing happened till tomorrow where we do it again." Patrick said as Andy got on the bypass.
With that I stayed quiet wondering what I had gotten myself into. In about fifteen minutes we pulled into a drive way and got out. I glanced at Andy, then at a house that looked almost identical to mine.
Patrick quickly climbed a tree and tapped on the third story window. It opened and Pete slid out onto the branch carrying his hoodie and a pair of black Converses. They climbed back down and quickly took off for the car.
Pete glanced at me and then turned back around. I was sitting in the back with Andy. I sighed and stared at my hands as we all rode in silence. I felt like the giant pink elephant in the room that everybody noticed but nobody said a thing about it.
Finally we pulled up in front of Lyn's house and we all got out. This time I did the honors since I've known her since we were kids. I spent every summer with her before my family moved here. I knocked on her window and waited patiently to come to the window and rub her eyes tiredly.
She noticed the guys standing back and quickly went back in her and reemerged with Joe and her shoes. Then we all got in the car, which was like packing six clowns in one of those little clown cars.
When we got to Chicago we all basically fell out of the car gasping for air and a little personal space. Then we started walking, to where I don't really know. We finally stopped in front of a tattoo parlor that was still open and nodded to each other.
Andy boldly walked in and flashed his ID. I'm guessing it was real, but who knows. Pete and Patrick followed suit, along with Joe and Lyn holding hands. I sighed and dragged my feet as I walked inside and listened to Andy talking to the muscle bound body building looking guy behind the counter.
"Are you sure you're old enough?" The guy eyes his ID suspiciously.
"Yes." Andy said defensively.
"Oh really." The guy got up and walked around the counter, he towered over all of us. "Cause I think it's fake."
"Shit." Andy said whirling around and booking it out of the shop followed by the rest of us.
"YOU PUNKS GET BACK HERE!!!" The guy shouted chasing after us.
I threw my head back, laughing as I ran. After a few blocks we all stopped to catch our breath. I put my hands on my knees and bent over slightly.
"Oh my god that was fun." I said gasping for air.
"You haven't seen anything yet." Patrick said with an evil smirk.
"Oh really?" I said following them as they went into a truck stop and started pulling things off the shelves.
And just like in the Smashing Pumpkins '1979' video, Pete got a Slurpy and took a few sips before throwing the cup over his shoulder and running out of the store. This time we didn't get to far.
A cop car pulled up along side us and a porky officer leaned out of the window.
"I heard there was a group of kids causing trouble." He glanced at Andy and shook his head. "Again Andrew?"
Andy kicked at the ground with out sneaker and looked back at him. The officer sighed and got out.
"You know what I'm gonna have to do."
Andy and Pete both nodded and got in the back, somehow all of them fit in. I stood beside the car and looked nervously at the guys before crawling in and closing the door.
We rode in silence, I watched the street signs and lights fly past. I sighed and looked at my hands. Someone shifted under me, I don't know if it was Patrick's foot or Lyn's hip. I moved a little and fell on top pf Andy.
"Sorry." I said pushing on his thigh to get myself upright.
"It's okay." He bit his lip as the car slowed and the officer got out and opened the door.
We all toppled out on top of each other. Pete crawled away a little and got pulled up by the cop.
"Wentz, I thought this was the last time you were gonna break out of your parent's house." He put him down and dusted him off a little. "Your mom said one more time and you're getting shipped off the boot camp."
Hr just looked down at his shoes. Patrick fixed his hat and stood beside Pete. Lyn and Joe held hands as the officer took one look at them and shook his head disappointedly. Andy helped me up and looked into my eyes, then quickly averted his gaze to something past my shoulder.
"And they've got a new recruit." The cop announced to nobody as he looked me up and down. "Why run with these kids?"
I opened my mouth to say something but couldn't find a good comeback. I just looked at him grudgingly and stuffed my hands in my pockets.
"You could have potential, but you throw it away to be with a couple of losers." He mumbled to himself as he led us into the station and handed us the phone. "Call you parents to come and get you."
Andy went first, I could hear his mom screaming at him through the phone. After he listened to the dial tone for a few seconds he handed the phone to Patrick. He quietly said something and was answered by someone talking to him in a worried/annoyed tone. Next was Pete, he dialed the phone with shaking hands and waited for the answer, I could hear a woman answer and immediately start screaming, he yelled back and slammed the phone down. Lyn called her mom and held Joe's hand, her dad answered and talked to her in a calm voice.
I finally picked up the phone and punched in my number. It rang four times before someone picked up and said in a tire voice "'ello?"
"Mom?" I said quietly.
"Aubrey?" She said becoming more alert. "Why aren't you home?"
"I went for a walk with Andy." I bit my lip as I looked from face to face.
"And?"
"I'm at the police station, you need to come pick me up."
"Aubrey I thought you wouldn't do this, not here?"
"I know mom." I said playing nervously with the phone.
"I'll be there in a while."
I put the phone down and sighed. I followed the guys to sit down in the holding room. Pete put his head in his hands and gave an aggravated groan. Patrick stared at his shoes and fumbled with his hands. Joe and Lyn held hands and glanced around the all too familiar territory. Andy flopped down in one of the cheap plastic chairs and stretched his legs.
I sat down beside him and did the same.
"I'm sorry you kind of got arrested tonight."
"It's okay, I guess." I bit my lip and had a staring contest with my fingernails.
"No, it's not."
"It's fine." I sighed pulling my hair tie out and putting it around my wrist. "I'm used to being in a police station."
"Like?" He cracked a smile.
"False drug charges, witnessing crimes, shoplifting." I named them off and counted them on my fingers.
"Wow, and all this time I thought you were a clean girl." He laughed.
Before we could even get to know each other more his mom barged in and said in a frantic voice.
"Where is he?" She combed her shaking hands through her thinning hair.
"Over here, and just to make sure we're on the same page." He opened the door and gestured her in. "I don't want him back here again."
His mom walked up quickly and pulled him into her heavy coat clad arms. She shot daggers at me while she hugged him tightly. I looked down and sighed, was she blaming me for this.
As they turned to leave Andy grabbed my hand and looked straight into my eyes. I smiled and watched as his hand slipped form my grip and he turned with his mom tutting over his appearance.
Just then my mom came in and just shook her head as I followed her out the door casting one final glance at the rest of the guys sitting like prisoners in the plastic chairs.
"Absolutely irresponsible." Was all my mom could say as I sat in the car on the silent drive home. "How could you be so stupid?"
"I don't know mom." I sighed and glanced out the window as we pulled into the driveway.
"And you were running with him." She said in disgust.
"Mom, he's really not that bad." I said slamming the car door.
"Not that bad?!" She shrieked covering her mouth in shock. "He's a walking train wreck!"
"NO!" I spun around and glared at her. "No, he's not."
With that I stormed into the house and up to my room where I slammed the door and put my chair in front of it so no one could get in. I groaned and fell back on the bed as my mom tried to kick the door down with little effort.
"Fine!" She said sounding like she was crying. "Stay in there!"
Her footsteps became softer until I heard my parents door close. Getting up I went to the window and looked out. Andy was sitting on his roof staring up at the moon. I sighed and closed the curtain. Landing back on the bed I pulled the pillow over my head and let my eyes fall closed.
So much for avoiding Andrew Hurley.
Sign up to rate and review this story