Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans

Incognita

by PPM42 2 reviews

They say if you give your life to something, you become a part of it.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Terra - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-09-16 - Updated: 2005-09-16 - 500 words - Complete

2Moving
They say if you give your life to something, you become a part of it. Or at least, that's what my brother always said. And he has no idea how right he is. And I guess now, he never will.

They still come by from time to time; I can't see them, but I know they're there. Not all of them, of course; just two of them. But really, they're the only two that matter. Don't get me wrong; I think the other three are just as important. But...I guess I didn't do as much to those three as I did to these two. As horrible as it may sound to put it that way, it's true. I've hurt them much more than the others.

One of them comes all too often. The emotions just get stronger each time, but it's not always the same emotion. I've felt everything from happiness to despair to completely, utterly debilitating rage. Most often, though, it's somewhere between those last two. And if I really concentrate when they show up, I can hear them talk. It's too hard for me to make out a voice, but I can pick up a few words.

My name, of course. And "sorry". Those come from both of them. But this one has a few more that the other one doesn't say as much or at all, any more. "Never" and "forget"; also "searching" and "cure". And after that, "fail".

After a very short talk with me, that person normally leaves pretty quickly. On occasion, though, they stay a bit longer and don't say anything. They just stand there and leave a few tears. After that, they always leave running.

The other one doesn't visit as much as I'd think. Or maybe they do; I can only feel vague differences. There's more anger there. It surprises me just how angry they really are with me. They say "back" and "leave" and "go" a lot, and "come", too. They're not always angry with me, but it's the one I feel the most. And coming from them, I can't say it feels wrong.

Sometimes they come together and I can't tell which one is saying or feeling what. But they come here so often (combined, at least) that they might as well be giving their lives to me. And if they want to be a part of me, I can't do much to stop them. Even if it's not what I want them to do.

I'm sorry.

I think they both need to stop confiding in each other through me and start doing it on their own.

I'll never forget.

It's funny how they can only know that if they want to give their lives to me, just like I did for them. And if what my brother said is right, then I'm always going to be a part of both of them.

Come back.

I guess that's how I know that Beast Boy isn't the one who cries.
Sign up to rate and review this story