Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Strange Times

6

by fireun 0 reviews

Aya was not one given to acts of compassion, especially not towards one who had had a hand in the kidnapping of his beloved sister.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Aya, Schuldig - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [X] - Published: 2007-02-26 - Updated: 2007-02-27 - 562 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer- dont own, no profit made.



'Thank you, now I have a headache.'

"You're welcome." Aya turned the page of his book, not even bothering to look up.

"Were the..." Schuldich grimaced and shook with a particularly vicious bit of coughing, his hoarse attempt at speech temporarily defeated. "Were the ropes necessary?"

"Yes."

Schuldich plucked unhappily at the bunched bit of sheet under his left hand, the only movement easily possible. Feet, hands, waist...all were unfortunately expertly secure.

Aya glanced up, frowning, as he felt a brush at the edge of his consciousness. "Stop that."

"I could make you untie me." Schuldich snarled. Or tried to.

Aya watched Schuldich cough until the telepaths face matched his hair. "Cough syrup is on the nightstand."

Schuldich, thinking something very rude rather loudly, bared his teeth./ 'I can't move my hands.'/

"That's a shame."

'What happened to your misguided pity? Your martyr complex? Shouldn't you be making yourself miserable helping me?'

"Trust me, I am." Aya finished the page, and then the chapter, and stood to fetch a spoon as Schuldich made a distressed little sound through another fit of coughing. "If you don't struggle so much, you won't cough."

'Breathing makes me cough.'

"You could always stop breathing." Aya poured some of the thick medicine onto the spoon, and then smiled a rather brilliant impression of Schuldich's own vicious expression back at the telepath. "Open up."

'Throw me back in the ocean.'

"No. Now take your medicine."

"I hate you, Abyssinian."

He might have been furious at being helpless, but Schuldich still allowed Aya to spoon-feed him, and then let codeine do its work.

Breathing a little easier, Schuldich went back to sleep, most likely out of boredom just as much as a result of the medicine. Aya settled back into his chair and tried to get back into his book, and tried to ignore the fact restraints set of a very animal panic in his unplanned houseguest. It had beat at the edge of his mind with every jerk as Schuldich tested the ropes holding him.

It was very hard to resist the urge to untie the sleeping telepath.

"Out of my head." Aya snapped, reflexively.

Schuldich didn't deign to answer.

__________________________


It was hard to exist outside of a world of black and white.

Aya took one last intense look at the telepath splayed inelegantly in a spray of unconsciously hedonistic glory, and shut the door. There had to be some trick to it, some bit of nefarious plotting that could explain away the content little smile twisting those full lips, the neat little line creasing Schuldich's forehead.

He shouldn't want to brush the hair out of the sleeping man's eyes, shouldn't want to wake him, defend him when the nightmares hit.

He had never fully considered Schuldich a man, admitted the telepath was human, before. It bothered him.

He had never considered Schuldich capable of being vulnerable before.

Schuldich was a complicated monster.

And those were the most dangerous kind.

"I should have let you drown." Aya pulled his coat tighter and made his way down the street to the café. Hopefully there would be a message there for him this time.

It was a whisper in the back of his head, amidst the confused brooding; a constant ghost, an unwelcome reminder that his houseguest was anything but helpless.

'Yeah. Probably.'
Sign up to rate and review this story