Categories > Original > Fantasy > Agent Angel

Chapter 3: Seven Remaining

by Nessrox444 1 review

Zan is sent on a B rank mission with three other agents. They are then challenged to one on one battles with the rest of the group Astoth was a part of. Round 1: Gin vs Zod. Round 2: AoG vs lizard-...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-27 - Updated: 2007-02-27 - 2738 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I created all these characters, the plot, the setting, the story, everything about this story short of the English language was created by me. Never use this story/idea and
claim it as your own. Enjoy!

I'm going to keep writing these stories regardless but I would appreciate feedback on if you like the story and how I can improve it. Please send me feedback.
__________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3:
Seven remaining


__________________________________________________________________

"I see... so there are more members to this so-called 'cult' then?" an angel sitting behind a desk said. The angel had a large grey hat, a yellow sleeve-less shit, and a blue jacket over it.

"Yes that seems to be the case, Zan told me so. How is he by the way? I haven't checked up on him for some time now." Gin asked the angel behind the desk.

"Zero's been in there almost non-stop but I believe he's doing well. He should be up soon." The angel said. "We have to make a plan to assault this cult before things get out of hand, Gin, I want you to interrogate the prisoner. His name is Un he's the wolf-man that was taken by Zero, I'm sure you can handle it."

"Yes your Excellency." Gin said and then bowed before leaving. Gin stepped outside and unfolded his wings. Gin was wearing a baggy black robe with white lining, he had blue eyes and dark brown hair. He walked forward past two angel guards with matching outfits and masks. He was on a part of the floating city that was higher than the rest. It was, after all, the house of the Angel Agent's leader. Gin looked to where he was going and spotted the special prison where they put special prisoners. He took off towards the prison.


"Oh good you're finally awake." Zero said with a smile. "I noticed you can finally fold your wings in."

"Wait... I was asleep." Zan sat up suddenly. "Zero, did they go off to fight the rest of the cultists that that other guy talked about?" Zan said.

"You mean that crazy story about a rainbow angel appearing and telling you about the cultists' plan? Well I left out the rainbow part when I told them and they have yet to find the hiding place of the cultists. I'll be sure to get you on the mission though." She said still smiling. Zan lay back down in his bed


Gin opened the steel door. He entered and found Un sitting at a table, in chains. "We can do this one of two ways: you tell me the information on where the rest of you are hiding we'll make your life more comfortable and lower your sentence to a mere ten years. Or I can just impale you right now." Gin said unsheathing the sword he had at his side.

"Heh, and what would be the point of that?" Un said with a smirk.

"I'm not fooling around, from what I hear lives are in danger thanks to some strange ritual to bring back an ancient spirit demon god. I'll ask you again before things become bad for you." Gin said with a more serious tone.

"Well that's alright, I never believed in that crap anyway I was just some innocent guy with a want for power." Un said with a laugh.

"I'm serious, tell me where they are." Gin said not amused.

"Isn't that interesting? You seem to think I'd go back on my master because I've been captured." Un said.

"So be it." Gin said raising his sword. He didn't get the chance a second later Un's arm was severed and a hole was blasted in his chest. "What?!?" Gin said shaken.

"Hehehe I didn't want him saying anything." A woman said. She was standing in a window she made herself with a strange distortion around her image, her image was ever changing and swirling. "At least nothing I wouldn't say myself; our headquarters is in a cave on the surface exactly 513.5214 miles north of our current location. It's known as green cave right outside of green shrine where we stole the remains of our spirit demon god." She said.

"Why are you telling me this?" Gin asked confused and angry.

"Because we know you'll send a team of three or so high class angels to try to stop us. 'What would be the point of summoning him if there were no opposition?' is what master said, frankly I don't care either way, but I'm hoping you'll be there... so I can slice you to pieces." She said before phasing out.



Zan arrived at the leader's floating house. He walked past the identical guards and entered the house. Gin was already there. Gin was calmly explaining what happened in the special jail when Zan walked in.

"I see, so we know where they are now we just need a team to combat them." The angel leader said, getting up from his desk. "Well due to tomorrow being the grand equinox, all of our agents are on missions. Almost all S,A,B,C,D, and E classes are busy making sure that certain things don't happen, if you'll remember the last equinox." He explained. "I will send four agents, I think this will be at least a B class mission, if that 'god' of theirs is released then it could quickly become an S class mission. If that's the case I want you all to report back here immediately."

"Understood." Gin said. "So who will be on this team?" Gin asked.

"What few agents we have left will go." Leader said. "That means you, Zero, and..." he said looking at Zan. "That E-class over there, what's your name?"

"Zan."

"Right, Zan, Zero, and Gin will go on the mission." Leader said.

"What?!?" Gin exaclaimed "You don't have any other agents to pull for the mission? What about Rikuu?"

Leader shook his head. "Rikuu was sent off this morning, and the town is mostly abandoned except for family's of the agents." Leader said, then he stopped to think for a few seconds. "Oh right, there is one, a mid to high B class angel." Leader said grabbing one of the many files on his desk. He showed Gin.

"Great... alright, this will do. We will depart immediately, your Excellency." Gin said as he turned to leave the room. Zan followed him.

"So we're leaving?" Zan asked.

"Yes. Zan, try not to take anything lightly on this mission. "Gin said flying off to find Zero. Zan decided to follow. Thirty minutes later they found Zero and were prepared to take off.

"I'm on this team, aren't I?" A deep voice asked, walking up to them. Zan turned around and was surprised to see someone in a huge suit of armor walking up to them. The armor was all black with even darker spots running around the armor in a strange design. The helmet completely masked the face and head of whoever was inside and it had two horns on top.

"Yes you are. Team, I'd like you to meet a class B angel that will be accompanying us. This is... well the file just said AoG, the real name was crossed out." Gin told them.

"What's the AoG stand for?" Zan asked.

"You will see soon enough." The voice rumbled. "You guys go ahead, I'll meet up with you at the cave, I need to go talk to the leader." AoG told them. So they did, the three of them took off, neither of them saying a word. Less than an hour later they made landing at Green Shrine, right in front of Green Cave. The shrine was empty, mostly because cultists took over the cave adjacent to it. Out from inside the shrine came AoG.

"What took you guys so long." The voice said, deep as ever.

"The question is how did you get here so quickly." Zero asked.

"Nevermind, the gave is over there, let's get this over with." Gin said walking into the cave. The rest followed. As soon as they got into the cave they saw three doors made of stone. The left and right door looked the same, but the one in the center was much larger and had 3 red jewels and 7 clear jewels above it. It also had a large glowing seal on the door itself

"Oh good you made it." A voice said. "I was hoping to have competition before I resurrected our god." It said.

"Resurrected? I thought it was summoning..." Zan said. The others, with the exception of AoG, looked at him as if he made a good point.

"Oh that's right you don't know that yet. Oh well, let me explain, on the left is the living quarters, in the middle is where the ritual is being performed, and on the left is where we've set everything up. What you four must do is go through the right door, go through the door at the far end of the room and wait for one of us to come in after you. We'll break it up into one on one fights. So get going, the middle door won't open until the seal on it is weakened by our life force." He voice said.

"What do you think?" Gin asked.

"Could be a trap but we have nothing left to do, we can't force our way in from the looks of that seal." Zero said. They opened the rightmost door and saw a plain room. To their left was a door into the center room from earlier, with another seal on it and the jewels. They entered the door at the far end of the room. There they saw a large inactivated seal on the floor and when they turned around they saw the jewels on the door again. The door they just entered opened, and an angel stepped through it.

"Which one of you is brave enough to fight me?!? I am Zod, wizard of the underworld!" he exclaimed. Zod was pale, and to contrast he wore black. He also had grey-white hair, and blue eyes.

"I can take this idiot." Said AoG.

"No, this one's mine, I recognize him." Gin said.

"Step into the circle then, fool!" Zod yelled out as he laughed. Gin stepped into the circle and so did Zod when the seal activated.

"What's going on?" Gin said without any fear in his voice.

"Oh right, I was told by boss to explain. This seal makes it so no one can interfere with the battles. It keeps it to one on one." Zod said without yelling and acting arrogant. "Fool!" he yelled regaining the arrogance. He fired a round ball of energy at Gin. Gin easily dodged it but didn't charge at Zod.

"What's wrong?!? Have you admitted... DEFEAT!?!" Zod said laughing.

"No it's just I remember you, you're a rouge agent." Gin said. "You did something stupid, you tried to take out your team but you ended up getting your ass kicked. Then you had your wings clipped and you were exiled from all of the angel cities. It's because you're weak and stupid that you ended up here." Gin said with confidence but without a hint of happiness or arrogance.

"Oh... that's it! I'm going to kill you!" Zod said in rage. He held his hand out and a blue light surrounded the arena. "This is going to bounce my energy all over the walls and everything. You won't dodge this!" Zod yelled "Scattered shot!" he yelled and many tiny orbs of energy were fired at Gin. Gin dodged them and charged at Zod. One of the orbs ricocheted off the wall and hit Gin in the food. "Hahahah, feel the pain you..." he stopped. The reason he stopped was Gin cut his right arm off with his sword. Zod turned to run but Gin got to him first.

"Impale!" he yelled, his sword glowed and extended several feet to hit Zod in the chest, killing him. "I told you, you were weak." Gin said to Zod, knowing he couldn't hear him. The seal deactivated and Gin stepped out of it. One of the jewels above the door lit up and became red.

"That jewel lighting up means you killed him, his heard stopped beating so the seal around the reviving chamber has been weakened, but it'll take more than just one of us to weaken it. Here comes the next one." The same voice said. As soon as he said that the door opened and in the door stood a lizard-man. Without saying anything AoG and the Lizard-Man both went to the center of the room where the seal once again activated. The lizard-man unsheathed his sword.

"My name is..." the lizard-man began.

"I don't care." AoG's voice boomed through the armor.

"Fine then!" the lizard-man said disappointed. He charged at AoG.

"Activate." Was all AoG said, suddenly the darker black parts of the armor lit up and became teal. The lizard-man swung the sword and it shattered on the armor. The lizard-man jumped back to the other side of the arena.

"Alright then, try this! Split into three!" Two white lines appeared on his body and two other versions of him appeared. They charged AoG only to have two of them be killed on the spot and the other one having to retreat back to the other side of the arena. "Swarm of endless lizards!" The lizard-man opened his mouth and out came a swarm of tiny lizard men, each with a sword. They charged AoG.

"I'm tired of this, time to finish this." AoG said "Energy of God!" AoG yelled. AoG's right hand started glowing blue. AoG made a fist towards the oncoming lizards and released a devastating wide energy beam. All the lizards were caught in the beam and died. Before the lizard-man could get back AoG charged up to him. Aog was just inches from him. "Wrath of God!" AoG yelled. AoG's left hand started glowing orange, and AoG extended all of it's fingers, and chopped the lizard in the side of the head, sending it flying to the far end of the arena. Another jewel lit up and the seal deactivated. "Foolish creature, thinking you can deal with. the Armor of God!" AoG said as it walked out of the circle. "His death was mostly caused by either his skull shattering or the severe blunt trauma to his head." AoG explained.

"I'm next I guess." Zero said.

"No way, I don't want to be left out because of my lower rank, I'm going next." Zan said.

"Fine. Fine. I'll go after you then, sheesh." Zero said in complaint.

The door opened and someone else walked into the circle without saying a word. Zan did the same and the seal activated again. The man Zan was facing was very non-descript, blue eyes, spiky blond hair, generic clothing too, no doubt he was another exiled angel since it's the only thing that looks like that. I'll end this quick, Zan thought. He raised his hand, extended his middle and index fingers and fired a blast of energy from them, the same kind he fired at Astoth. I can only do that blast twice a day with my current energy, but it was worth it, Zan thought. The man didn't even attempt to get out of the way, but might have been able to. The blast hit the man all at once incinerating him.

"Got him, it's over." He said. The arena filled with smoke.

"Heheheh Hahahahahah" Zan heard the man laughing! "You must have thought I was another rouge agent of the angels by my appearance, fool. You can't beat me so easily, this battle's just getting started." Zan saw red eyes penetrating through the smoke, he knew that this was in fact, going to be a long battle...

To be continued...
__________________________________________________________________

I noticed few people read chapter 2. I wouldn't skip that chapter it explains a few things. It's best to go in order and it introduces the characters. I recommend that if you skipped them to go back and read them now.

Did you like it? It's more violent than my other stories but oh well. I hope you enjoyed it and my other stories: Never-ending war, Ancient Grudge, and Age of Psychics (all of which I update on a weekly basis). Enjoy!
Sign up to rate and review this story