Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Napoleon Complex

What's a Napoleon complex?

by blue-flame 3 reviews

He has a complex about being short

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-27 - Updated: 2007-02-27 - 1038 words

-1MarySue
As Franks mind came into focus and as he cracked an eyelid open, he herd that unbelievable voice again.

"What's a Napoleon complex?"
"He has a complex about being short. He's always trying to prove himself. Always at he gym working out, trying to compensate. The number of fights he got in at school. Never call him short"
"Do you think that's what happened tonight? Someone called him short and he flipped"
"I don't know. I don't think so. He's not the type of guy to just jump someone anymore. He was pretty drunk though. If I had just made him a get a cab or wait for us none of this would have happened" Frank could hear Mikey's voice cracking and growing quieter.
"It's no good beating your self up about it. No pun intended"
The sound of shoes clicking against a hard floor got louder until they stopped and his bed dipped. He could feel a faint breath across his cheek.

"I was right"
"About what?"
"He's hot"
Mikey let out a slight chuckle, a nearly unrecognizable smile playing on Franks chapped lips. Finally gathering enough strength, Frank swallowed to lubricate his dry throat before talking.
"You think I'm hot" Franks voice was nothing above a hoarse whisper.
"He's awake!"
Frank opened his eyes to see the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen hovering at his side, startled at his apparently sudden consciousness. She was clearly slightly flushed at realizing Frank herd her.
"Ill go inform a nurse" The stunning woman exited the room, but not before taking a longing glance back at the battered man.

"Hey Frankie, what happened" Mikey took the strangers place on Frank's bed. Leaning over and putting a hand on his shoulder. A mixture of concern and relief on his clearly exhausted features.
"I'm not sure. I remember an alley, and Bob. Wanted my wallet. I didn't have it, so he hit me. I think I hit him too. The last think I can remember was this amazing voice talking to me"
"Looking at your hands and his face, I'd say you dint go down easily. And that was my fellow intern at Eyeball. She saw a weird guy covered in blood exiting an ally as we walked home. She literally dragged me over there and we found you beaten up by a dumpster"
Frank grimaced in mock disgust.
"Saved by a chick"
"That's right, very manly"

X

The mystifying woman returned with a nurse, persuading Mikey to go get a coffee with her whilst Frank was examined.

The nurse was an incredibly tall and built man with a fro, wearing figure hugging blue scrubs. He had a friendly smile and hummed to Iron Maiden as he carried out the necessary checks, scribbling on a chart.

"Mr Iero. You have 3 cracked ribs. A badly bruised back. Gashes to the front and back of your head. And you look like shit"
"Thanks" Frank gave the nurse a friendly smile as he watched the mesmerizing movement of his fro whilst he spoke.
"Hey I'm not gunna sugar coat it. You were unconscious when you go there but we gave you a mild sedative to give your body time to recover from the shock. Shocks the biggest killer in cases like this. You've been out for a few hours. We gave you a CT scan to check for any more serious head injuries and you have the all clear. So providing you remain stable you should be out in a few days. Your lucky nothing was broken, and that the young lady found you. Any longer and you could have been at risk of pneumonia"

He nurse put Frank's chart back on the end of the bed.

"Your friends can come back in but only for a few minutes, you need to rest. Plus they have been here all night and could do with a rest too. I advise you to drink as much water as possible, your voice sounds crap"

The nurse left the room with a grin. Frank could hear voices outside and a minute later Mikey and the woman returned water in hand. Mikey walked over and put the water by Frank's bed.

"We're going to head off and catch up on some sleep and let your boss know why you're not at work. I'll be back in a few hours ok?"
Frank looked around the room for a clock. It was 10am. He had been out for nearly 10 hours.
As Mikey and the mystery woman walked towards the door, Frank realized he still did not know his rescuers name and tried to sit up.
"Argh" Searing hot pain shot through his ribs "Wait! Can I speak to you a minute?"
He locked eyes with the woman, finally noticing how sparkling and alive they looked.
"I think he means you Mia. I'll be by the nurse's station. Only a few minutes mind, he needs his rest"
Mikey gave Frank a wink as he exited the room, closing the door behind him as Mia walked over and sat fully on Frank's bed.

"Hey, how you feeling?"
"Like I got beat up. Thanks for finding me"
"Your welcome"
"I herd you talking, when I was in the alley. And as I woke up here"
"It's rude to eavesdrop Frankie" Mia's cheeks turned pink and she nervously pushed her bangs out of the way.
"I know" Frank gave her a cheeky grin, or at least tried under all the bandages and gauze "I think your hot too if it helps"
"Your concuss. I better go get a nurse"
"I'm serious. The last think I remembered before here was this most amazing voice. And i knew if I ever woke up again I had to find its owner"
"I think is time you rested some more. Get better soon Frankie" As Mia got up to leave Frank shifted, trying to sit up as gently as possible.
"Will you come back and visit me?" his voice now a mixture of panic and optimism.
"Of course Napoleon" Mia picked up Frank's hand and planted a soft kiss on his raw knuckles, before leaving him to drift to sleep with thoughts of the stunning woman who saved him.
Sign up to rate and review this story