Categories > Cartoons > G.I. Joe > Family and Duty

Chapter 5: Night Moves

by Medic_or_Medic_Lifel 0 reviews

Ed (LifeLine) Gets a surprise. Rated M gang!(R)

Category: G.I. Joe - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [?] [X] - Published: 2005-09-16 - Updated: 2005-09-17 - 2562 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer - Please refer to chapter 1 for all disclaimers

Disclaimer -
Please refer to chapter 1 for all disclaimers.

Authors notes
- Please read and enjoy. This is a chapter I was asked to do by several people to welcome Ed (Lifeline) home. It is an ADULT chapter. Please be advised. Thanks to Storm O for the Beta! Please if you are under 17 skip this chapter and read on to the next.

Rating - R - AGAIN just to restate, ADULT situations you are forewarned.


By Medic (MedicLifeline)

Please read and review. Enjoy!

Chapter 5 Night Moves


A few minutes later, Lifeline followed his wife up the stairs to their bedroom. The small sounds of the children sleeping caught his ears as he walked by their doors. He peeked into each room as he passed. His boonie hat hung from the doorknob of Jacob's room. Ed repressed a yawn as exhaustion set in. This was his second night home with his family, and he wanted to spend as much time with them as possible, catching up on all that he had missed. The day had been a busy and productive one for sure. He ran several errands that morning and then used the remainder of the day to rest and visit with Carla and the children.

His ears caught the sound of running water; Carla had started her shower before going to bed. A smile crept across his face, recalling her promise if he was not too tired. "Never too tired for you my love," he thought to himself as he moved onto Lisa's room. His daughter clung tightly to Eeyore, her favorite animal. He watched as she rolled over and repositioned herself, sleeping peacefully.

The quiet of the house was the only thing he heard aside from a helicopter fly overhead once in a while. The sounds of screaming and shells were far away from his thoughts as he walked down the hall, closer to the master bedroom he and Carla shared.

Carla had the bathroom door closed in case the children woke up, not wanting their little eyes to see her in her natural state or as she laughed so often to Ed /"Her birthday suit". /Ed had always laughed back saying it was the best outfit she owned.

Ed closed the bedroom door, sliding the small latch into place. He would join his wife in the shower. The thought of hot water, soap, and his wife was an image he never tired of. The smile on his face became bigger. Sitting on the side of the bed, he unlaced his boots as the water ran behind the bathroom door. Ed could see it now. Carla liked her water hot, and as soon as he opened the door, steam would billow out. Removing the rest of his clothes and tossing them in the hamper, Ed stood there in his boxer briefs and cracked the door open. Steam, as he had predicted, billowed out, and he was glad he had left his glasses on the dresser.

Ed watched his wife in the shower, her beautiful curves a silhouette behind the frosted glass shower doors. Watching the soap bubbles trickle down as she rinsed, Ed felt a warmth rising in him, and it was not just from the steam in the room or the temperature. Her beautiful long hair hung in wet curls down her back as she was washing it. The smell of her favorite soap filled his senses. /Yes, this was a view he never tired of/. He knew that she had no idea he was standing there watching her since her eyes were closed as she rinsed the soap out of her hair.

Ed cleared his throat and walked to the shower door. "All clean?" he teased.

Carla opened her eyes and looked over. With a bright smile on her face, she opened the shower door and peeked out. "You'll have to come in and make sure."

"I plan on doing that, but I do like it out here. I never tire of the view," Ed commented while removing his boxer briefs.

"You can stay out there if you like, but I want to give you a special welcome home, Soldier." Carla eyed her husband up and down, naked now in front of her. With her finger, she motioned him to come join her before she closed the door.

Ed did not have to be asked twice. "You know you did a good job of welcoming me home last night too. I do not want to be greedy now." Pulling the door open and stepping in with her, he closed the door. Water splashed off Carla from the overhead shower and onto him. A shiver and a chill went up his spine. He bent over to kiss her, and she wrapped her arms around his waist as she returned the kiss.

"Oh believe me, Ed, I think I might be the one being selfish," she huskily whispered in his ear as she started to soap certain parts of his body.

"You can be as selfish as you want," he softly told her as his own body reacted with its own wants and needs. Carla continued to soap him as he moved his hands up and down her frame.

"I intend to be, Ed," Carla quickly answered, her own body starting to respond to the closeness of her husband.

He kissed her neck and shoulders; but as Ed bent to kiss her collarbone, they heard something. Carla's pager was going off. Both groaned.

"Don't answer it," Ed whispered to her, knowing better. His body pleaded with his mind; they both wanted her to stay.

"I have to. It may be an emergency, even if I am not on call until three this morning," she sighed. "Besides, you need to finish your shower, and we can practice our night moves in the other room."

"Practice? Who needs practice...?" Ed questioned as she slid passed him in the tub, laughing softly at his comment.

He kissed her once more, hoping she would not have to go and it could be something she could answer from the call center over the phone. Between the late calls, deployments at the last minute, her on-call status, him out in the field, crazy hours for both of them, the two children, and everything else, Ed shook his head wondering how they found a way to fit intimate time into their schedules, but somehow they always did. But that was what made the time even sweeter since neither took that time for granted. He had recalled one Joe stayed so busy, they actually had date planners and had to mark it on the calendar and a time slot. Ed thought it was a joke until both parties showed him their calendars.

Before Ed stepped forward to finish the rest of his shower, he watched Carla wrap a towel around herself and her hair. "I'll see you in a few minutes. You better be ready," Carla instructed him, walking over to the pager.

"Yes Ma'am," Ed answered, giving a salute. "You can order me around anytime," he whispered as the door closed behind her. It had been an ongoing joke in their relationship since she had been a captain in the Army and on the Joe team when they had met, and he was a sergeant. Carla rarely gave orders to the Joe medical team since each one was the best of the best, and they did not need to be constantly told what to do. However, during times of battle or emergencies, she had no qualms about delegating what needed to be done and who needed to be doing it.

Ed finished soaping off and rinsing in anticipation of what was to be finished in the other room. Turning of the water, Ed opened the shower door. A chill swept over him as the warmth from behind the shower doors was let out while he reached for a towel. "Brrrr," Ed shivered. "One thing I do miss about the desert," he muttered as he continued to dry off. Ed never had to worry about a chill there, but he did remember the sandstorms that always seemed to strike soon after a shower, blowing dust around and causing him to feel gritty again.

Wrapping the towel around his waist, Ed walked over to the mirror. With his hand, he wiped away the steam in a circle, looking at his reflection. His body was tan and a bit leaner than before. "If we continued to eat and cook like we have the last two nights, I will regain the weight I lost in no time," he chuckled to himself. But then again, between duty and home, they both need the nourishment since they worked it off. Ed planned to work a bit more off in a few minutes. Reaching for his comb, Ed straightened his hair and brushed his teeth.

Walking to the bathroom door, he turned the knob. As it opened, he said, "Ready or not, here I come." Ed prayed she was still undressed and not dressing, meaning she had to go into work.

"I am ready whenever you are," she purred from the other side.

A smile crept across his face again as he realized she was not leaving at that moment. Walking out, Carla was motioning him with her finger to follow her as she backed toward the bed, dropping her towel and sliding under the covers.

The lights were off, except for a small lamp off to the side. Her features blended in with the shadows but only enough to tease one's mind. Ed walked forward and dropped his own towel, heat once again rising in his body.

Cautiously and out off habit, both looked to the closed bedroom door. Ed had remembered to latch it when he came in. He had ended up placing a latch on the door, away from little hands so that little eyes did not catch an eyeful just in case they tried to walk in. The two of them had that happen once, and once was enough. That next morning, Ed had placed a latch on the door for their own peace of mind. They both remembered that one time when the children caught them.

"Mommy, are you alright? Daddy, is Mommy okay? I heard her crying." Little Lisa had asked, holding her brothers hand. Both Carla and Ed froze and looked to the door, seeing both children standing there. Ed quickly reached for his glasses, putting them on. "Why are you ..." Lisa asked and the questions kept coming. Both Carla and Ed had thought they were fast asleep. Ed was beet red and reaching for his pajama bottoms, while Carla was trying to pull the comforter over herself. Ed had stuttered something and quickly tried to compose himself as he slid on the pajama pants. He walked over and kneeled by the children, reassuring them that all was well and helped them back to bed. Upon returning, Carla was a shade of pink herself and both at the same time said, "Latches."


Ed made his way over to the bed where Carla was waiting. "I see you get to stay a while," Ed stated, crawling onto the bed beside her and pulling the comforter over himself.

"Yes, they called me accidentally instead of Dr. Mayes. The hospital thought I was on, and I reminded them not until three this morning" she answered repositioning herself.

"Now where were we?"/ /Ed asked, leaning over to kiss her. His tongue brushed hers as he drank her in. Her scent, her body, her need was waiting for him, and his own craving for her urged him to hungrily kiss her. He had waited and longed for this while he was gone. She never failed to satisfy him, and Ed figured never would. She had welcomed him home more than once the night before. They had both dozed, only to wake up and passionately make love again that night. Ed himself thought he could never get enough of her.

His hands moved to caress her body and make sure she was ready for him. She reached her hand up to do the same. She kissed his chest as he kissed her earlobe, whispering how much he loved her and how beautiful she was. Her mocha skin was flawless, except for the scar where she had been shot. His fingertips lightly brushed the puckered scar from long ago. That was when he realized he had fallen in love with her as he had carried her limp body to the awaiting Tomahawk.

Fear had filled his eyes as he had worked quickly, tearing open her shirt. Others thought it was fear of another Joe being injured or laid to rest why he worked so feverishly to save her and two others. But what they did not realize was part of that was true, and the other half was him realizing he had feelings for her. He paced the hall as he got report after report on the others in surgery and sank into a chair in the waiting room upon hearing their "Doc" would be alright and recover. He had never felt relief like that in his life. Ed kept his feelings hidden from everyone, even himself; but he could not hide them from himself any longer, even if he could never act on them.

His arms wrapped around her as he pulled her tighter to be closer to him. As he entered her, a small gasp escaped from her lips. Carla pleasantly welcomed her husband. He had been away for so long it seemed; in reality, it had been. However, as they say, time away makes the heart grow fonder and the passion sweeter. But now, it was just the two of them. No war zone, no field, no hospital, nothing but them and their moment in the night.

She had missed his arms around her, the touch of his skin against hers, his warm breath on her shoulder as he moved with her. Her body eagerly complied with his as each lightly and seductively touched and kissed the other. Opening her eyes and looking up, she saw his rich brown eyes looking down into hers. They were filled with love and glazed over with forthcoming ecstasy, knowing her own was about to reach its peak.

With a moan and a shudder, Carla climaxed as Ed did. Pulling him near as her nails bit into his back, Ed collapsed on top of her. Both bodies held onto the other.

"I love you," both whispered to the other. Ed kissed Carla's forehead and then on the lips.

Rolling off his wife and lying beside her, he drew her close. Running the back of his hand over her thigh and down her leg, he whispered with a grin, "I love how you welcome me home."

Carla turned her head slightly to look at Ed. "I love to welcome you home." She softly kissed him on the cheek, slid out of bed, and went over to the door. She undid the latch in case the children needed them and then crept back over to bed under the covers next to Ed.

Pulling her close, Ed soon fell asleep with Carla in his arms. Carla slept as she tried to snuggle a little closer.
Sign up to rate and review this story