Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Memoirs of a Freedom Fighter - 2

memoirs 13

by Silverdragon 0 reviews

rimfire continues story telling...

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-02-28 - 6723 words

0Unrated
---

13. City in the mountains

---

'Oh silly Mace!' Harley chirped smiling at him, 'Afraid of going down into the battle?'
The rusty Mouse was always afraid of battle, afraid of blood and dying and shooting and... and everything that involved the word WAR. 'Lucky you,' he muttered, 'you aren't allowed to go into battle by orders of Stoker.'
She waved away the argument and held her laser tight in her little fist, 'He's just a little overprotective towards me. That's all.'
'Yeah, right. Everyone knows you fuck him practically every night.'
'jealous?' smiling she touched his face and slapped him in the face the next moment, 'I am not your whore. I am no one's whore. Stoker loves me.'
'Stoker is just an old Mouse with a lust for young lady mice.' Mace grunted angry, 'That's the only reason he fucks you.'
'Is that so?' From out of nothing, Stoker entered the small cave and silenced the two arguing Mice, 'Harley...' How Stoker managed to put so much love in his voice was unknown to Mace. She left Mace and the little argument and hugged the older Mouse before she slid behind him, 'Still doubting my love for her? Or is it me you want?' Several Mice around them laughed, and others whistled when Stoker held Harley and kissed her passionate, just to show Mace his love for Harley. There was one other Mouse next to Mace that remained silent: Vinnie.
Right after he kissed her, Harley left to tend the wounded, 'Mess with my lady again,' The tone of voice was dark and dangerous, the gloom in his eyes was mischievous, 'and I'll have your tail for it.'


It was just another day. Or was it night? In this dark cell without windows, not even a little gap in the walls to see the outside world, she was almost dying to see a little ray of sunlight. In stead of sight, her touch was adjusted to the darkness. Her fingers felt every little anomaly in the stones surrounding her, while her eyes didn't see anything in the darkness of the cell. Day and night, night and day, both were the same to her. The only way to survive is to loose the track of time, and with that all sense of life, love and her memories. Sleeping and waking up, eating, defecating and forgetting that you were once alive.

'Carbine!' The dark haired female Mouse ducked as the rocket flew past her head, impacting only metres away from her. A little frightened she allowed Throttle to wrap her in his arms and hug her for a brief moment, 'don't die...' he whispered to her as Modo and Vinnie returned fire.
'Yo, love birds! Time to fight!' Stoker smiled as he launched himself on his bike into battle, 'Aaaaayooooooooooowwwl!'
'Mad mouse...' Modo smiled at him, 'We'd better get his fur out of the thorn bushes.'
'Before he hurts himself?' Vinnie, still grieving for his lost love didn't hesitate a second, called his bike and followed Stoker.
How Stoker managed to continue life no one understood, he just did. But never did he loved another woman again.


Two whole years she had been here. Two whole years of being imprisoned. Harley was longer imprisoned than she was. Mace always liked her. And after one year, she had already been sick and tired of being imprisoned. She waited her chances with the delivery man... he always delivered the food at the same time. Her prison must lay in a corridor with at least fifty other prisoners or prisons. She had counted them all, every time that the little hatch was lifted up, a hand with a spoon came in, ditched some on her dirty platter and shove the hatch back down again where it hit the floor hard. Now the toilet bucket was made out of wood, just like the door. Strange, that there still was wood here. Not that it mattered.

Four...

Carbine was next to being a former General, still a soldier.

Three... another loud thud. The prisoner at the third hatch always thanked his prisoner. Must be an old Mouse or some...

Two...

She held the empty waist bucket next to her.

One...

Zero...

'you are hereby officially declared as an enemy of Mars. By orders of Fiamma and Flare you are imprisoned at the Ares Prison of Aerynn. Your punishment is to die in solitude there, never to see daylight again.' Carbines hard eyes never left the two young leaders, who took over leadership after mutiny. Everyone who followed Carbine was murdered or forced to sign loyalty to them. How many papers stained with blood of good Martian freedom fighters were in their offices she would never know. All of her well protected archives with information about the enemy was destroyed to make place for papers, for black mail material. When a mouse would even show a sign of loyalty to her, Flare would act instantly. The results of his actions lay around her. Dead eyes stared at her, the ceiling, floor or the crowd, blood poured from the wounds of the dying and their groans filled the room. Those who signed loyalty; Carbine couldn't blame them. She always proclaimed that life was better than death. Even when imprisoned within your own army and amongst your own friends.
Rough hands grabbed her arms and shoulders and dragged her away like she was the traitor. The last thing she saw, was the light of the sun rise before she was thrown into the carriage and brought to her new home.


'plate.' The person on the other side of the door grunted. She shove it towards him, clattering over the floor. Now or never!
Agonizing slow time seemed to pass by: the splashing of the large spoon in the watery soup, the dripping of the soup off the spoon when it was raised above the cooking jar, the dripping on the floor as the spoon was brought to the plate.
As he filled the plate, she lashed her tail around his neck and yanked his head to the door. From there, with the door between them, she strangled him, feeling him struggling to get rid of her tail from his neck. His attempts grew less and less powerful, as minutes passed by. Finally, after a few minutes, she felt his body get limp, but still held her tail into place as she smacked the waist bucket on the floor to imitate the sound of the hatch being shut.

Probing with her tail she sought the keys and a weapon to free herself from this prison and find Harley. Something tinkled, keys... old fashion keys?! What kind of prison was this? But she took them and searched the keyhole with her fingers. Just one key, just one keyhole, somewhere, here... sounds like a hole... here? Got it! Slow, careful and her breath held, she turned the key, heard the click and the door opened slow. Soft she pushed it, but found resistant. What?! What the...? Oh... the dead Mouse/Rat/whatever.

With all her might she pushed the door. Even in death the warden tried to imprison her. Finally there was enough space to let her pass through, at least she hoped. Well... she could pass through... a bit stunned by her own performance she stood in the corridor, gazed at the dead body. She took the key and the gun, checking it. It was fully loaded and battle ready. But first things first. It wasn't good, it wasn't tasty, it was bad. She wolfed some of the watery soup down. Like Modo would say: make no escape on an empty stomach.

One, two, three, four.... Five to ten... eleven... not twelve... thirteen... She felt the wood underneath her fingers. This time, she had no time to admire the precious carvings underneath her fingers, or the fact that wood was a very rare item here on Mars.
Here she is. 'Harley?'
'Go away.' A dove like voice come from behind the door, she waited for her food.
Carbine sighed, poor thing, 'It's me, Carbine.'
'Carbine? You here?' A vulnerable reply, now Carbine felt her heart break. She must have given up hope for an escape a long time ago.
'Want to get out?' Carbine opened the door with the key. By the sound of it, this door was opened regularly. What did Mace do to her?
'yes... please...' vulnerable. Afraid to leave her prison or happy to be outside?

Screeching like a banshee the door opened, probably this door wasn't opened so often? Behind that door, sat a woman. Her voice strong, her attitude powerful, her eyes - gateway to the soul - sad. Dirty fur and dried tears, wounds and tangled hair. Her outfit was reduced to rags and tatters, it all hung loose around her body. All of her bones showed through, never did she had much meat on her bones, but now she was almost worn out. Unexpected to Carbine, she rose to her feet and met her gaze. How much has she seen? Whatever happened, she had been through things no other Mouse should have seen...

'Whatever happens, you'll never break me!' She did her best to bite away her tears and shivered at his touch.
Mace smiled at her retort. He enjoyed her, when she drew her head back as his face came close to hers, as his breath touched her fur, as his words reached her ears.

'Oh no, my dearest Harley... I have broken you.'


'I knew you'd come one day...' To hear Harley speak like that, broke her heart. How long did she wait for help? How long did she wait for her rescuers? Rescuers she would never see until Carbine would get bored of being captured and freed herself.
Both women fell in each others arms, 'Oh Carbine! I'm just so happy!' Harley hadn't changed a bit with that. Always cheery to see a friend, underneath the grime her fur was still pumpkin coloured, golden hair and deep blue eyes. Those rare deep blue eyes. Hardly any Mouse on Mars had such eyes. Her dove like voice was music to Carbine's ears as she sung so many wishes to her, all of her hopes and her love to her friends. Oh! Vinnie and Stoker should know about this! Their love and sister back to the team!
'And so am I...' Both gave each other another quick hug, before they took off, away from this place. But whereto? Where to go in this desolated prison, ruled by Rats?
'How did you got here?' Harley asked Carbine, but the dark haired woman stared at the ground for a few seconds, not feeling eager to tell her yet, 'Not with Mace Harley... not with Mace.'
Harley hoped that Throttle wasn't involved with that.
'no,' as if she could read Harley's mind, 'It's not the bros. nor Stoker or Rimfire...' suddenly her ears cocked, and she jerked Harley along on her way to... whereto? Away from here, that was for sure.

Only a few metres away from Harley's old prison, both women froze dead in their tracks.
'hello ladies...' In front of them stood their worst nightmare. The nightmare of Mars; of the Freedom Fighters and every Mouse alike. He hadn't changed a bit, still dressed in the Mouse suit and the FFA uniform. Carbine hit the stolen gun behind her back. She'd might need it.
'Mace!' He leaned against the wall, relaxed and calm with a laid back attitude. They wouldn't be going anywhere now.
'yes, Mace.' He smiled at them, 'sooo.... No Vinnie or Stoker to rescue you... but Carbine, the fearsome General of the new FFA. Well... and for you, dear Carbine, where is your Throttle?'
Carbine let out a low warning growl, pointed the gun at him and shove Harley behind her, 'Unfortunately for me, throttle is not here. But,' she growled deep and low, 'he'd be happy to rip your throat out. After I am done with you, low life piece of shit!'

'Vinnie is the one you should ask for.' Now Mace was stunned and drew his gun with a swift motion. And lost it faster. Carbine had shot it from his hands. All gazed at each other stunned as hell.
'You...' Mace growled low at the fear of losing his two prices, 'I'll take you two to whatever end there is!' He stepped forward, only to be stopped by another shot from Carbine, this time in the shoulder.

'Not a chance...'

Centreline stepped forward from the darkness, the same where Vinnie hid in, 'this time, you'll be dealing with me.'
Angry growling he lunged forward to punch him in the stomach followed by an uppercut. Mace sank to the ground, grunting something that set of feet running towards them. Centreline wanted to punch Mace once more, but was stopped by Harley who literally threw herself in his arms, happy to see her brother after all these years.
'safe the introductions for later... it's too crowded in here! Go!' Vinnie said to the women and Centreline who still hugged and cuddled his sister. From what he heard, at least 10 pair of feet run towards them. Not even time to kill Mace decently... Darn!

The four fled, as Centreline contacted another group, 'Stoker, come in Stoker!'
'Stoke here..' Static... a cage of Faraday...? No... there was no copper in these walls.
'Found them, running towards point, gotta move! Followed. Probably 10.' Centreline panted heavy, 'right on our tails.'
'right, back up on your way, turn left at the cross point and run for it.' Vinnie said. Seconds later he noticed that the girls couldn't keep up anymore.
'Harley is exhausted... she can't anymore...' Carbine was no better.
Vinnie rushed to their sides and supported the women, 'they're totally worn out...' he was on the brink of crying.
Centreline sighed, 'If you two can't walk, we'll carry you.' Now the problem, both wanted to hold Harley. Vinnie cut it short and scooped up Carbine in his arms, 'Sorry girl, I'm not Throttle.' With no way to use weapons now they had to run for their lives, and for the lives of the girls!

Centreline didn't dare to look back when he run for the cross point. He couldn't even whistle for his motorcycle. All he heard was this sound of feet running, running faster and swifter than they were towards them. Whoever or whatever they were, they were fast, faster than they were. And that thing scared the hell out of him.

At the cross point they met the other group, 'go there! There's light and not such a damp air!' Spark yelled at them while he took position with Modo and Rimfire and covered the entire corridor with gunfire.
'That's the exit... the way I was brought in... a city hidden in the mountains... like... Aerynn.' Harley whispered panting, she was still tired and exhausted. Centreline panted heavily, like Vinnie. Carbine was no better, and sea sick now.
'Well... exit or entrance... we'd better move!' Throttle whistled the motorcycles. With roaring noise they came forward and joined the riders. Harley and Carbine were happy to be free, but with the pursuers tracking them down, they wouldn't be free if something would be done.

'Than we make a run for it!' They drove off fast enough to leave the group behind. Throttle was happy to see Carbine, touched her hair tenderly but never lost sight of what was going on. 'The fence!' Charley yelled and pointed at some wall coming down. One shot from Spark was enough to destroy it. Stunts sped forward, aimed for the rooms next to the fence and destroyed them before he retreated and landed at the side of Spark. Centreline allowed Kick-start and Spark to go first and clean the road. Stoker followed with Modo and Rimfire. Vinnie was next to make a not so stunning exit this time followed by Spark and Stunts and Throttle. Guarded by enough Mice on motorcycles, they drove off towards the city in the mountains.

0.o.0

Aerynn... the city in the mountains...

Aerynn... the city of peace... the last stronghold before it was destroyed in the Plutarkian war. The Army battled here for days, holding the city until everyone was evacuated to the last Mouse. Only the stubborn remained behind. That was the first time the Army did something good. It was the first time that the Army and the FFA worked together on such a large scale. Hundreds of good fighters died in that battle, on both sides. Stoker, as a good leader, respected that tough he hated the Plutarkians. Unfortunately, they lost the battle and were forced to retreat. They had to kill their own wounded Mice to prevent a slow death in the Plutarkian prison cells and laboratories.

Aerynn... will you become a stronghold again?

Stoker sped forward, he still remembered the way. That Harley was held prison in this region? It was somehow right. This region was uncontrolled, no force controlled it and it explained the dead bodies outside.

Spark drove next to him, 'remember this place?'
'yeah... but there must be something wrong. We're not being followed.' Stoker said to him, 'don't alert the girls.'
'We are.' Throttle showed his worries, 'by others...' He drove forward to a bigger street, and turned a few times, leading them towards a square. 'We're here... Aerynn.'

0.o.0

What? What's that roar? Swift, without sound, he moved to the top of the building, jumped to another building, landed and run to the third building. From there, he run as fast as he could. From the corner of his eye, he saw two of his friends running along side on the other side of the street, also on rooftops.

Before they run out of rooftops the first Mouse on the rooftop saw his friends on other rooftops, already armed and dangerous.

Their main weapons: knifes. Their style of fighting: street war. Their hide out: the eastern part of Aerynn...

In the middle of the square one motorist had stopped, took of his helmet and gazed around, breathing in the air. Several others approached, also on motorcycles. Two were very strange, no fur, no tail, no nothing, like they were not Mouse at all. Shy the other motorists approached, probably afraid or remembering the last grand battle... only Lance remembered and he was insane.
At the other rooftop stood that Mouse Lance. Maroon fur and hair with pink eyes. Black trousers, knee high black boots and a skin tight grey shirt. Insane, idiotic but one heck of a fighter. Two sai glittered in his hands as he made his way down, sneaking upon them. From this high, they couldn't do a thing.
'Well?' gestured the other Mouse, 'are we going in?' he was grey, almost silver, with black hair, leather well worn pants and dark brown boots and shirtless torso. He was tall, lean and mean and yielded a large chain, unlike the other Mice. So his name, simply, was Chain.
He nodded to his friend and followed Lance down to the streets below.

'Hello...' Scimitar, a young Mouse with sandy hair and a rusty fur shows up from nothing, 'Stunts...' In his hands he holds a scimitar, the weapon of choice and name. His clothes are black and loose, which made Charley think that he looked like an Arabian warrior from the Thousand and One Night stories. Only the look in his eyes was something that scared her. He smiled, but his eyes were angry... to him, she was nothing more but a trespasser.

0.o.0

Restless Carmín gazed at the planes of the Martian wastelands. 'Is the city of Aerynn truly hidden within that mountain ridge?'
'It was...' Caith sighed, 'It was, but I don't know if that city still exists. I was there on that fateful day... when it had to be vacated. Few remained, mostly the gangs and the stubborn ones. We knew it would be hard, but that hard... no one had expected that. The battle was long and harsh and took it's toll. We lost many and we lost the city. The Plutarkians however weren't interested in it and abandoned it after their victory. They just wanted to expand their borders.'
Only a few years younger Carmín listened intensely to her friend and lover Caith. His mind was lost in that dreadful battle, he must have lost a lot that day, 'I was Captain of a battalion. And I saw my men fall, one by one... like they were nothing, toys. For them there was no decent funeral. No memorial. Nothing...'
Terrified he shrugged his shoulders and gazed at the holes in the sand again, 'I say we follow them.'
Carmín smiled at him, 'I'm tired of this sitting here and doing nothing!' She stood up and stretched her limbs, Caith whistled for his motorcycle, which came to him at once, 'Captain? When do we leave?'
He climbed in the saddle of his motorcycle, 'right now.' Low growled the engines of both motorcycles, they knew what was coming on. More than just a search...

0.o.0

'That's a sight we don't get to see every day, don't you think?' Scimitar walked around the small group of motorists. A few were aggressive, ready for battle. A battle they wouldn't win so easy. Two women were exhausted and dirty. Probably from the forbidden territory. Only the bravest dared to enter that territory, only few of those bravest returned, so Scimitar had forbidden that.
'Not at all,' Chain's voice had a dark undertone, that scared the hell out of Charley. She clung tight to Stoker's back, afraid of this uncontrolled group.
'Something... is strange about this group...' Lance smiled at them, his weapon of choice in his hands - a lance - 'most are Mouse, two are not.' He pulled back Wirr's black mask and gazed in her angry eyes, 'but gorgeous.' As he stroke her cheek, she made an attempt to bite his finger. He pulled his finger back before her teeth snapped, 'and dangerous.' Nonetheless their aggressors were stunned, what in mars' name was this kind of species?
The first Mouse with the scimitar nodded. Throttle expected heavy laser fire and drew his lasers. A chain wrapped caught his wrists and tied he was torn of his motorcycle as Chain pulled him in, and knocked his lights out. Limply he fell to the floor as Chain unwrapped the chain and got ready for a new charge.
Scimitar howled loud and did his best to take down Vinnie, only to be stopped by Spark, who grabbed him by the throat and smacked him in a pile of garbage, 'Charge!' the black Mouse yelled, 'take them down!'
Rimfire grinned wide, 'Hold on Wirr!' he drove off, lasers ready for fire. Modo was at his side and fired at several Mice who charged on them.
'They have only small arms, no lasers or guns or rifles...' stunned he shot a young boy, almost 17 years old, 'no...'
'It's him or you!' Rimfire said to his uncle, 'we'll take care of him later!' he felt Wirr taking care of battle as well as she threw shiruken away. Two Mice fell from wounds, but they were replaced with others.

Vinnie growled angry, what in the name of mars was going on here? Well... no one would take his Harley or his friends Carbine! He threw few flares and drove over to the ladies, shielded them protectively with his motorcycle and skills. NO Mouse would come close to them!

'STOP!'

A sudden roar, combined with gunfire, stopped everyone dead in their tracks. The voice belonged to a tall muscular beige Mouse with dark grey short cut hair - almost like a landing zone on a aircraft carrier. Dressed in dark green army trousers and black boots and a skin tight red shirt with several military decorations. In his hands he held two rifles and attached with to belts on his hips a dagger and ammo cartridges.
'Stoker, you meddling idiot.' The man insulted the chocolate brown Mouse.
'Scabbard, you fool.' Stoker insulted back. Somehow, both seemed to accept each others insults.
Modo pulled over, 'Is he still alive?'
'so this is where the former 45th infantry hides...' Rimfire whispered, 'I never thought he'd still be alive.'
Both leaders walked over to each other, arms folded over their chests and stared at each other for a very long time. Both groups begun to feel uneasy, for without orders they wouldn't do a thing.
'Good to see you! You firebrand!' Scabbard hugged Stoker so sudden that the slimmer Mouse was almost crushed in his arms, 'Still alive and kicking?'
'If you give me some air, I can answer you!' Stoker punched him in the stomach, 'Still fighting biker Mice style?'
'As always.' He turned to the youngsters of the town, 'These men and women are well respected FFA, good fighters and friends. Scimitar, please. Let them stay here...'

The younger Mouse with the scimitar seemed to think things over, 'Why? The FFA betrayed us.'
'The FFA would never free their long lost lady Harley or retrieve their resigned General Carbine.' The former Sergeant answered his younger friend and leader, 'well? They have done no harm to you or your city. Only trespassing your boundaries.'
Scimitar nodded, 'Very well... but you are responsible for their actions. One wrong move and you will pay the highest price!' he sheathed his scimitar and regrouped with his pack. A bit uneasy the strange Mice left. Scimitar made a note to himself to ask Scabbard about Harley and Carbine, whoever those women were. And what those strange not Mouse like things were.

'You have to forgive them. Scimitar is young and only for six months their new leader.' Scabbard told Stoker, both war veterans shook hands this time, 'he young and restless, with the desire to protect his city.'
'can't blame him, with that torturing place nearby.'
'Torturing place?' Now it was Scabbards turn to be surprised, 'outside the city?' Stoker nodded and turned his gaze to Harley and Carbine to confirm for himself that they were still safe. They were, thank god. Then he searched for his other pack members, all still drove around, even Wirr was still safe. Protectively he lay an arm around Charley's shoulders and pulled her near.
'What are those? Aliens for sure.' Scabbard tilted her chin and turned her head to all directions for a good look.
Stoker smiled, 'she is human. Charlene Davidson, but everyone calls her Charley. And she's a well respected friend. Helped the bros out when they were in trouble and kept them safe for at least 10 years on Earth. Over there is her niece Wirr. She practices something called Martian Arts or something like that. Don't underestimate both women, their lethal. '
'Martial Arts.' Charley corrected him, 'but since you all call it Martian Arts, let's just say Martian Arts.'
Scabbard laughed, warm and generous, 'Well. Ms Charlene, welcome in Aerynn.' Charley smiled back at him and nodded. After that, she left, she felt that both men had much to discuss.

'How did you end up here?' Both men walked through the streets of Aerynn. It was one of the few cities that survived the first great war and still stood her ground in the second great war. But her inhabitants were almost gone. Stoker saw some Mice on rooftops pulling off dazzling stunts that not even the best FFA could perform. Four watched their every move down in the streets of Aerynn, the city of peace.
Scabbard sighed, 'It happened in the days of the Plutarkian war. I was still with the army and so were my soldiers. The government had told the people that we would be shipped to this town to protect it against the fish heads. You taught me otherwise a long time ago, so I felt uneasy, when my orders proved to be different. It was the government's wish to let this town fell in the hands of the fishes. That's when I made a choice and said goodbye to the army for good. My battalion followed me, out of loyalty and because most had family here. The city was vacated in no time, so we would have minimum casualties. Quarter of my battalion kept the people safe during the long road to Síocháin City of Life, the other three quarter of my battalion battled here, in the bitter streets of Aerynn. We managed to keep the city and since that day, it became our stronghold against the fishes.'
Stoker nodded, a good story, but it didn't explain how this gang that attacked them was still here.
'These were the leftovers, mostly orphans and gang members. They have their own way of fighting and since no one provoked another, we are at peace. Some sort. Most of the times Scimitar and his group of leaders come to me for stories and advice, while my men are instructed by them for new combat styles and trainings in their weaponry.'
'and now we invaded this town as well... that's something that he will not like.'
'neither will my men. From the 1200 men I led here into battle, only 600 survived. Most are lost to this day and will never be found. Others are un weary nowadays. The battles outside draws them out, they wish to fight, but even Scimitar knows that if I allow that, this place will fall for good.'
'Many worries my friend.' Stoker said to him, 'but the tide will be turned. Can you show my little group around, I need to pick up two of my staff, who are still outside.'
'you... didn't come through the mountains?' That stunned Scabbard, for as far as he knew the protective sand dunes were not so easily penetrated.
'nope. We just fell though the sand.' Stoker smiled and went back to the square for his motorcycle.
'Are they friends?' he heard Scabbard yell.
'You found two missing soldiers of your battalion! Caith Mac MacCloud and Carmín Rouge!' Stoker yelled back, 'your Captains!' that lit up Scabbards heart.

'AAAYOOOOOOOAAAH!!!!! Life is GOOOOOD!' From the outside of the city, the explosions and one loud voice could be heard loud and clear. The outer walls of the city shook violently on impact of rockets.
Chain came running down the streets, 'The city is under siege! The Rats from the Fall Prison are drawn out, two Mice stand between them.' He panted as he reported to Scabbard.
Scimitar had overheard the conversation about the oncoming battle and he yelled to Scabbard, 'wanna come out and play?'
Scabbard nodded, turned to the streets and roared, 'Battalion!!'

From nothing hundreds of Mice appeared, armed to the teeth and battle ready. Scabbard shouted his orders while he took the rifles from his shoulders and run with his men to the outer walls.
'We'd better stay behind... this is their city, they know how to defend.' Spark was a bit uneasy by letting this city in the protective hands of kids and a former battalion. Stunts didn't nod but stayed at his side, calm. Without orders, Stunts wouldn't do a thing.
Throttle had finally gained consciousness and sat upright against Carbine's chest. Protectively she held him close to her and whispered sweet little nothings, while he gazed sheepishly at Harley. Vinnie, Modo, Centreline and Rimfire, still mounted on their motorcycles, were ready for in case someone came over the wall or through the gates. Charley and Wirr held on to their men, afraid.
'This is Mars, ladies.' Stoker said them smiling as he held Harley close to him, sniffing her scent and nuzzled her hair, 'In all her raging beauty.' She still smelled after vanilla cinnamon flavoured apples.

More explosions followed, 'Someone is having fun outside.' Modo laughed out loud, 'I wonder who it is.'
'Caith,' Stoker smiled, he was one happy Mouse, 'that's Caith.'
'I thought my name was Harley.' Harley giggled and turned around in his arms to face him. Surprised she almost jumped back as he kissed her so fierce and powerful, 'I missed you so much, lovely lady.' He said when he broke the kiss. Centreline watched them both and smiled, Stoker may be able to protect her from now on, but Centreline had to keep them both safe if he wanted their love to last forever.

The explosions died away and through the city gated Caith and Carmín made their stunning entrance. The bros couldn't have done any better themselves.
'Wow!' Caith came to a stop, 'fun, fun and more fun! AYOOOHA!'
'Zip it Caith.' Carmín playfully punched him, 'You took away their way of life. Poor soldiers, couldn't fire one single bullet and deliver one single punch.'
Stoker smiled at them, 'Hey ya two! Remember Scabbard?' both glanced at him as he pointed over his shoulder.
But Caith wasn't interested in Scabbard, only in the woman kept safe in Stoker's arms. She was the reason they were all down here. 'Hello milady Harley...' and gently kissed her hand with a seductive smile on his face, 'welcome to our little troop.'
'our little troop?' Stoker grinned, 'My little troop I thought.'
'Come on guys,' Harley smiled, 'or I'll get the measuring rod.'
That sent of everyone laughing hysterically, Harley squealed that she hadn't laughed like this in years.

'Chain, Scimitar and Lance.' The last one held a broken lance in his hands and gave it a sad look, 'broken lance is more like it.' Scabbard introduced the leaders of the city to Stokers little pack.
'Stoker, Centreline, Harley, Vinnie, Throttle, Modo, Rimfire, Carbine, Spark and Stunts, Caith, Carmín and not to forget Charley and Wirr.' Stoker returned the favour, 'biker Mice.' He grinned wide.
'See that.' Scimitar stepped forward and shook hands, 'Interesting day it is, today.' Stoker saw that the young Mouse was probably only 19 years old but yet strong and a good leader. Lance and Chain were his friends, probably was this city divided in several regions and well protected by the seconds in command.
'Come on... someone will have to guide you around.' Scabbard took them along, 'At ease and back to normal day life!' he shouted to his men, 'Good battle, well done.' Some soldiers nodded before they left to their homes, along with the Mice of Aerynn.

Impressive stronghold, /that was the only thing Throttle thought when he gazed around at Aerynn, /a very impressive stronghold. Due to the cooperation of Scabbards troops and Scimitars warriors. A very impressive stronghold.
Scimitar explained that the natural rock walls of the mountains provided a good protection from above. Only a narrow canyon filtered sunlight that touched the city of peace. For several ages the gigantic seven meter thick wall made out of stone and concrete had protected the city against invaders from the fields below. Several watch towers were still in use like other places in and outside the city.
A Kitten run over somewhere down the way, 'Scimitar! Wanna come and play?' in his hands he held a little wooden sword, similar to Scimitar's weapon of choice.
Scimitar shook his head, his pony tail swung from side to side,' not this day Bow. I have important things to do.'
Bow nodded sad, 'maybe some other day, okay?' With a playful pat on the head, Scimitar went on with the tour through his city.

Scabbard sat at the side of his wounded men. Few had fallen, but it seemed to be more and more every time the city was attacked. The motivation of his men worsened every day and the arrival of long lost rivals and even two humans depressed them at all. But Scabbard wouldn't be a good leader if he couldn't motivate them like he used to do.

With the aid of Stoker's pack he could claim some of the weapons stored inside the prison. He figured that Harley knew her way around, but she claimed in a distressed voice never to go back there, not in a million years. Carbine felt the same way. Whatever happened there, he was sure that both women would rather die than to be enslaved and imprisoned again. Carbine, his favourite Captain and later General. She was still one of the best. Those two years in prison had done nothing to her attitude, but made her look a little older than she used to be.

The most important was, that his two long lost Captains were also back. Caith and Carmín. Their attitudes had changed as well, from good soldiers to loose freedom fighters only to be controlled by Stoker. Well, controlled? He had to do his best to keep them under his control in stead of let them run free and destroy the enemy at will.

'Why not make this a better stronghold?' Stoker asked his long lost friend, former rival, 'why not charge and take over that prison? At least I know Vinnie is dying to destroy that place, like Centreline is.'
'How come.' Scabbard was a Mouse by the book, 'never charge unless you have a very good reason.'
'Try Mace for a reason.' Was Stokers grim response.
'Ah, but now your talking reasons.' Scabbard smiled, 'that low life piece of scum took to many women for his own good. I am still surprised that they didn't counterattacked.'
Both men sat on a table with Harley and Carbine next to them, wolfing down as much food and water as they could. Both wanted more, clearly very hungry, 'No. You'll get more after you bathed and redressed. Both of you. You may use my quarters.' He ordered a soldier to bring them to his quarters, but decided halfway that he'd better do that himself. Stoker followed calm, holding his Harley close to him. Carbine chattered about everything with Scabbard, her former officer in charge smiled and laughed at her chatters. It was nice to hear someone familiar talk about sweet little nothings like love and hope. Reminded him of Nightingale, his lady love and sister in arms.

Stoker whistled like an annoying boy when both women came fully dressed from their luxurious bath, 'Hello ladies!' Still teasing as usual. At least, the bath was luxurious compared to not bathing in respectively 10 and 2 years. A bit surprised that both men were in the quarters as both women did their hair. Dressed in clothes provided by Scimitars group, both women felt a lot better and clean... Clean again!
'and how about food?' Scabbard brought in two dinner trays with each two platters on it. Warm meals made both women drool all over it, 'Oh yeah!' Stoker smiled, since Scabbard brought in dinner for the two men as well.

'Wirr?' Rimfire held her from behind. The tour was over, Scimitar had shown them all. Both were the only ones left at another square, somewhere in the city, 'What's the matter girl?'
She said nothing, only pointed to a pond with water lilies floating in it and several willows surrounding it. It was beautiful to see, 'reminds me of home...'
Heaven no! don't let her be homesick now! She'll leave me, never to return. Please, let her stay here.
'I'll won't leave you.' She turned around in his arms to face him, 'It just reminds me of home. Silly Rimfire.' Gentle she kissed him, 'How long are we together? Several months? And still I am not tired of being with you. Yes, sometimes have been hard, other times were like peace to me. And sometimes it's hard to understand your world. But that doesn't mean that I will leave you. Not even for earth.' She kissed him, soft and deep and he returned the kiss.
'Damn girl... I love you. Every time I see you, I just want to hold you and keep you safe from harm.' Nuzzling her neck with his snout he wished that she would be his forever, 'I want to marry you...'was what he whispered, 'Please... marry me.' A little startled she gazed at him, to love someone was one thing, but to be bonded for all eternity?

0.o.0

What will she do? Please R&R!

Next time on Memoirs of a Freedom Fighter: the answer to Rimfire's question and why evil always has to be destroyed at once.
Sign up to rate and review this story