Categories > Original > Fantasy > Never-ending War

Military Madness

by Nessrox444 1 review

The secret of mana revealed! Boon's ability to use sound, Gunslinger's special gun, and Sword Dancer's past. Boon tells the story of Sword Dancer's past while Dan gets a mana leaf for the one he lo...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-03-01 - 1647 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I created all these characters, the plot, the setting, the story, everything about this story short of the English language was created by me. Never use this story/idea and
claim it as your own. Enjoy!

I'm going to keep writing these stories regardless but I would appreciate feedback on if you like the story and how I can improve it. Please send me feedback.
_________________________________________________________________

Military Madness

_________________________________________________________________

"Good work Red Lightning." Sword Dancer said looking down at the serial killer's dead body.

"Good job?!? He fucking killed himself!" Dan yelled in anger.

"He was to be sentenced to death anyway, or at the very least a life rotting in a prison. Can you honestly say that if he survived he would've lived a better life?" Sword Dancer said, trying not to be smug.

"Screw you!" Dan yelled in his face.

"Calm down, you're just not used to death." Boon told them.

"I'm used to death; I'm not used to this asshole saying that it's no big deal." Dan said, turning away to leave.

"Red Lightning, don't you have a special mission that the president gave you? If you're going to complete that, you should bring backup. Sound Master and Gunslinger will accompany you to your target, you can disclose that information to them later. As for me, I'm going back to the base to file the death of this man and have the investigators take over from here." Sword Dancer said walking away calmly

"Bastard..." Dan said under his breathe as he turned to leave in the opposite direction. Boon and Ryan followed him. They left the city limits without saying a word before Boon got fed up.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"A cave outside of town, I heard a mana leaf was spotted near there and I need to get it." Dan replied.

"Mana leaf?!? But all mana leaves are to be given to the president immediately!" Boon exclaimed.

"I got special permission from the president himself, I'm allowed to use the mana leaf for medical purposes." Dan said without looking at either of them.

"What use for the mana leaf could you have?" Boon asked, looking at Dan.

"His sister." Ryan said, entering the conversation. "His sister fell ill two years ago. He entered the military for funds to support her life while he searched for the only thing that could cure her, a mana leaf."

"Now that he has one is he just going to drop out?" Boon said.

"That would be too suspicious, I'll probably wait a while." Dan said. "Listen Lieutenant-Colonel you can't say a word of this to anyone, especially not that asshole." Dan said referring to Sword Dancer.

"Oh come on, the Brigadier General isn't that bad." Boon told them.

"He seems pretty bad to me." Ryan said, butting into the conversation again. "I've only been on two other missions with him and he doesn't seem to give a damn about death or anything like that." Ryan told them both with intensity.

"Let me tell you about the Brigadier General." Boon said lowering his voice and taking a more serious tone. "That man has gone through a hell of a lot. He lost his eye in the war five years ago and had to get it replaced."

"That doesn't chance anything." Dan said acting stubborn.

"Tell me more." Ryan said, surprising Dan, who decided not to say anything. "I want to know more about my teammate incase I have to go on another mission with him."

"Very well." Boon said. "Let us rest a little while then. Not one of them complained about stopping for a rest, after all they just realized they were traveling up hill.

"Alright, in the war five years ago the barbarians on the northern island invaded Altair. Naturally we were dispatched to repel them. When we got them off our shores we were ordered to invade and destroy whatever ships they had. Gan got pissed at us for invading so they sent troops to attack us. At a military base a special magi attacked Sword Dancer. He was an elite, and a magi so he was a prime target. This person could bend metal without even touching it! Usually you have to be in contact with metal or if you're really skilled you have to be in contact with something in contact with the metal but from what I heard from Sword Dancer, this person bent it without touching him or the sword! Anyway, this man bent the sword, making it worthless. The eventual end to the battle came when a metal spike blotted out his right eye. I'm not allowed to say what happened afterwards on my honor, but that day he got a purple heart and a rank promotion for his sacrifice. He became a Brigadier General and helped to prevent a war between Gan and Altair. That day coupled with many missions proceeding and following made his view on death less severe, unlike you, he won't think twice without ending the life of an enemy and neither should you. But there's one thing that's an absolute secret and is to be kept between us, on his back is a wooden sword, concealed by his armor and clothing. The sword is enhanced to be sharp as metal that way if he ever meets that man again, he'll have an edge over him."

"We should get going." Dan said, pretending to not care about the story. The three of them got up and began walking to wear the cave is rumored to be. They came upon the cave and found tracks leading inside. They followed them, faster, each thinking that it might be too late to get the mana leaf. They came into a small chamber in the cave, they saw three people getting the mana leaf.

"It's finally ours." The leader told his two minions.

"Hand over the mana leaf and I won't hurt you." Dan said coldly.

"On what authority?" the leader said, then he spotted the rings on their index fingers. "Th-that's, that's a military magi ring, you're part of the military." He said. "Kill them!" he told them. The two men obeyed. Dan charged at the one on the left and threw his right fist at him while extending the blade in it. The man ducked but Dan was ready, he threw he left fist but when he extended his blade a broken blade came out instead.

"Shit I forgot to get that fixed!" he said narrowly avoiding being stabbed. The other one ran up to help out when one shot rang out, both of them fell over, dead.

"That's unlike you to forget something like that Dan." Ryan said.

"Alright then, my turn!" the leader held up the leaf.

"Shit if he uses that to boost his power it might burn away!" Dan shouted out. Ryan aimed his gun, and Dan created a spherical ball of fire in his right arm. But it was Boon who got his attack off first. He held his hands out and the next instant, the man's right arm was severed, the mana leaf still in its grasp.

"What...." Was all he could say before Dan got up close and held his wrist blade to the man's neck.

"How the hell did you know about this place?!?" Dan asked.

"I... I don't know I was told by a woman in disguise to come here if I want to attain more power." The man said before collapsing.

"Blood loss, natural, he lost an arm after all." Ryan said.

"Let's go, carrying him will be a waste of time. He's going to die anyway." Dan said, cursing himself that he started to sound like Sword Dancer. Grabbing the mana leaf, he heading for the exit. When they got out of the cave they began talking again.

"How did you do that?" Boon asked Ryan.

"If you're talking about taking two guys out in one shot, it's my special gun. It fires special bullets that do different things. That's why I'm called gun slinger." He said.

"What about you?" Dan asked Boon.

"These." Boon opened his hands. Grafted to his palms were two green orbs. "These are sound emitting devices. I use them together with my mana to generate sounds that are capable of tearing things apart." Boon told them. "And you? Why are you called, The Red Lightning?"

"I can manipulate fire and lightning, but I made a special form of both called Red Lightning, it's hotter than both, capable of turning metal into ash." Dan boasted. The rest of the trip back was pretty silent however. When they finally got back to headquarters they came up to Sword Dancer.

"We're leaving tomorrow by train, 5 AM. It's 5 PM right now, stay in town and don't get into any trouble. Oh and Red Lightning, your sister should be get well as soon as it's used." Sword Dancer said, a smile appearing on his face.

"All knowing bastard." Dan muttered before he left the room.

Elsewhere:

"It seems like that idiot who was supposed to retrieve the mana leaf failed." a woman told another figure

"That pushes back our plans quite a bit, he was supposed to get the leaf before they showed up. This wouldn't have happend if we had found a way around that pesky barrier" a man's voice said.

"What about the three MM that defeated him? I hear they were tipped off to my existence."

"It's probably nothing to them, however, if they decide to dig any deeper we may have to eliminate all three of them."
_________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this story! Please be sure to check back often and to read my other stories: Agent Angel, Ancient Grudge, and Age of Psychics (which won a school award ^_^). Be sure to read chapter 3, it'll introduce another major character, a Gan.
Sign up to rate and review this story