Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone

Severus and Albus, Legimency and Occlumency

by Wen 0 reviews

Harry needs to live his life. Harry needs something over the Dark Lord. Harry needs a reason to live. Know what? He gets it. Crossed with The Celestial Zone, H/Hr. Rated for violence (quite a bit),...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Dumbledore, Fudge, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Ron, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2005-09-19 - Updated: 2005-09-19 - 1325 words

0Unrated

Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone
Chapter 6
3rd July 2005


Severus Snape, the world's greatest Potions Master and Potions Master of Hogwarts scowled. He'd heard about the little train incident and the one just outside Hogwarts. Predictably, he felt Slytherians were being treated unfairly and vowed to repay the lesser houses as much as possible throughout the school year, and the following ones till the little twerps learned to respect the Slytherians.

He watched the Potter brat make his grand entrance and scowled further. When the pampered prince glanced over the head table, he glared pure malice at the retard. To his shock, not only did the boy glare back, but the chill he felt just then was not unlike that of a Dementor in close quarters. He turned on his legimency curse, and entered Potter's mind.

He snorted; the brat still hadn't learnt his lessons. Curious, his summer seems exactly like mine. A dungeon, potions, death eaters, voldemort, the meeting where he gave intelligence of the Order's movements... WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! THIS WAS HIS SUMMER! With a roar, Severus Snape jumped to his feet, only to find his robes disappear, leaving an under exercised body that was almost pure white. He blushed and his entire body turned crimson.

Severus Augustus Snape brandished his wand with the speed that only a seasoned death eater could bring, even Mad-eye Moody would be hard pressed to match him. Perhaps one of the other heads of houses could, but definitely not Potter. That is... WHERE WAS POTTER??? The Potions Master flung revealing charms in all directions, and only got a laugh, "Whatever is the matter Snape? Bad Death Eater meeting this summer? I can't blame you, the life of a double agent can't be easy. But the I wouldn't know would I? I'm only the one targeted by most of the dark curses."

Severus lost all rational thought in his mind and flung several curses at his target. Surprisingly, for the school anyway, Harry gave a flick of his hand and the curses converged into a ball of energy in his hand, before being absorbed by the young man. Filius Flitwick jumped onto the staff table, followed by Professor Sprout and Madam Pomfrey. As one they berated him, "EXACTLY WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING SEVERUS??? YOU GLARE AT HIM, HE GLARES BACK. THAT IS NO REASON TO USE LEGIMENCY!!!"

The entire school gasped in horror but none of the 3 were done, "THEN BECAUSE HE USES A 5TH YEAR HIDIND CHARM YOU USE THE MOST ADVANCED REVEALING SPELLS KNOWN TO MAN AND FIRE THEM EVERYWHERE!!! ..." they seemed to go on and on, and most of the school watched with morbid fascination. The Slytherians though, most of them any way, were horrified that their Head of House was getting a dressing down after his literal one.

Harry eventually decided enough was enough and calmed them down enough for him to announce, "I know much more than you'd ever imagine Snape, teach potions, not bigotry and everyone will get along fine. Abuse your position as Potions Master and Head of Slytherian house, and no army in Britain will help you. Last chance Snivy." 3 of the Houses erupted in cheers and wild applause while the Slytherians glared at Harry.

The sorting went off without a hitch, the young ones gazed around in fascination, listening with rapt attention to tales told by their seniors, and felt their surroundings in wonder and awe. Harry smiled at them and vowed to himself that Voldemort would not get the chance to spoil their lives the way he'd destroyed the childhoods of so many.

Hermione noticed his mood and leaned close, "what's wrong Harry? You look sad." He smiled at her, she truly knew him the best, even in his changed personality, "look around you, you see them? They've grown up in relative peace, but think of Voldemort realizing that things have to come to a head somewhere? They'll grow up knowing only pain, suffering, war, and loss. I can't allow it Hermione, they're the future of the magical world, they must grow up with understanding, but not knowing only that. A taste is all they need, and they will remember for life."

Hermione smiled at him, he really was a wonderful person. In those private moments they had when he opened up to her, even back in fourth year and the Triwizard Tournament, he made her realize just why he was just such a better wizard in so many ways than any other around.

---

Albus Dumbledore was troubled and his dinner was affected. Harry had displayed an amazing amount of power, as well as that of knowledge of magic. It truly was amazing what he'd accomplished.

The talk after dinner should be interesting, he was confident he could convince Harry to reveal his secrets. Harry chose that point to turn to him and raise a green eyebrow. Albus felt a distinct prickling in his mind and grew alarmed that someone could get past his shields without detection. Harry smirked, and Dumbledore got the distinct impression that if they'd been face to face, Harry would have said something along the lines of "underestimate me, you must not." That Harry smirked even larger was no comforting in any way.

---

Harry packed his friends off to the common room before heading to the Headmasters office. That the passwords were in effect didn't bother him. He stood before the gargoyle and opened his left palm, revealing something he'd found on his hand the day after his power surge. The mark of Ravenclaw blazed brightly and the gargoyle leapt to life, bowing him up the stairwell.

Deciding he needed some freedom from keeping his internal energy on a tight leash, Harry floated up the stairwell unaided and used the Gryffindor mark to open the Headmaster's office. He kept his fist closed as he walked in though; it wouldn't do to have any of the portraits know his secret.

Dumbledore arrived in short order, and was very surprised to find Harry waiting for him, looking through his library, "Ah Harry my boy, how are things with you? We've all been very worried about you so some comforting words would be nice."

Harry saw through it instantly, "No Headmaster, I will not tell you where I've been, except that it was a cave, nor what I've learned, except that it's a branch of martial arts; no there are no comforts for people who don't follow instructions that make perfect sense without good reason, and no, worrying was not what I had in mind for the Order.

"If you hadn't noticed and threw away the book I left, then you've just thrown away one of the world's oldest records of transfiguration techniques and spells. Fortunately, I've compiled and sorted through them, cross referencing them with modern spells and methods, resulting in an encyclopedia of transfiguration. I'm sure Professor McGonagall would like it for a Christmas present.

"Of course, there are also such encyclopedias for Potions, Charms, Healing, Defense, Dark Arts, the whole lot. I'm sure the various professors would appreciate them. Speaking of which, who's the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?" Albus, caught off guard, answered before he could stop himself and use it as a bargaining chip, "Remus."

Harry chuckled, "I suppose it's off no comfort that I helped that along with Legimency. Well, I really must be off to bed. Rest assured headmaster, I will not force things my way if I'm in the wrong. However, I have read the rules and if there is any unfairness or bad teaching then everyone will know." Harry pushed the door open and Fawks crooned a parting note to which Harry responded by smiling.



===

A/N: I'll conceed that it's kind of strange for the three I mentioned to go against Snape that way, but it's really somewhing I felt they should be able to notice. As always, R&R people!
Sign up to rate and review this story