Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Cold Side of Heart

Marked Twins

by NuuoaEclaire 7 reviews

Aredith meets with an unlikely ally, and we discover more about this witch of the dark. Plus a different Theresa makes a hasty retreat to her room, with an unwanted visitor.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-03-04 - Updated: 2007-03-04 - 1554 words

0Unrated
Authors Note: Oh my! It has been over a month! I'm soo sorry! I feel terrible! I'm just wrapped up in this original piece of writing I'm working on at the moment so I say once again that I am very sorry! I hope you enjoy this chapter despite the minor fact that Theresa is evil... hehe... Oh! Try to remember the random black book that gave Theresa that black mark, will you? Great to be back... and sick again, does that sound strange to you too? -Nuuoa Eclaire

Disclaimer: I do not own Class of the Titans, but I own all my own writings, story, and Aredith, and the modified legend of Thisbe.

Pairings: Slight scary Cronus/Aeridith, Cronus/Theresa (as a joke), Jay/Theresa, and Archie/Atlanta

Warnings: Theresa, why do I always target you!

(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·
The Cold Side of Heart

Chapter 7: Marked Twins
(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Stirring the luminous green pool with a long graceful finger, Aredith looked at her flawless face in the mirror of water. Her coopery hair seemed to be varnished with a mahogany gloss. As the woman met her aqua ice eyes, she stopped. Aredith clenched her fists together and pulled away from herself with disgust, her perfect skin turned red in furry.
"Damnit!" The cuss sounded strange coming from a perfect mouth. She felt like vomiting. Aredith pulled on her turquoise dress. This one had a sliver of diamonds running through the sides, starching the stones around Cronus's viewing pool.

"Are you upset with something, my dear?" Cronus's voice caused her to turn around in hidden shock. His eyes shimmered with crimson layers beneath the darkness that coated his iris.
"Oh course not," Aredith silently imagined herself kicking herself for getting involved with this annoyance. 'What a fool I have become, for power,' Aredith thought as she rose with a surge of power. The air seemed so hot around her. She wished to return to her home. But not without the girl. Not without herself.
"Good then," the god in the black business suit in front of her seemed to be joyous with dark mirth. "We shall begin the process shortly."

Aredith huffed at the time god.
"Have we not already begun?" She sniffed at the musty smell that the old chamber contained. It was more of torture chamber to the owners to live in such a rural dank place.
"I suppose we have, Theresa is much different." Cronus's glee was comical. 'What a bozo I have made an agreement with. To think he had trouble dealing with those... children.' She thought. Aredith glazed upon the clouded face of Theresa. Her eyes shook with a hurt anger. 'Child... so clueless and innocent.' Aredith fought memories as she saw Theresa waltz by the young man she loved in agony. Her emerald gems for eyes looked stark of polish.

"Are you okay lovely being?" Cronus caressed her cheek, his eyes brimmed with a deadly lust.
"Arums Tuta!" Aredith sneered at his hot touch. Cronus pulled back his hand as the sparks attacked him.
"If you were anyone else you would be dead, Cronus."
"Come now, you are exceedingly beautiful," Cronus mocked, his pride bruised.
"But not easy."
"Then go after Theresa, she is the same as me. Or perhaps go after your wife..." Aredith trailed off as she watched the young woman in the pool. Theresa was loosing herself. She almost gleamed with an evil aura.

"He isn't dead, she should be able to have him..." Aredith tried not to plead with Cronus. He seemed shocked in a bad way at the immortal beauty wilting before him.
"I thought you said you would not talk about this. Have you forgotten what you seek? Forget him. He has died." His harshness made her own lifelessly cold skin shiver.
"Oh yes, I was just playing," she put an amused mask over her torn features. Her emotions were buried again for her search. Of power.
"Now," Cronus began, slicking his gray black hair behind his, "she will be ours."
"Yes," she smiled wickedly. 'Go to hell,' she destroyed Cronus in her thoughts. The sound of three power words ringing in from her past. 'Aellaqui Stuna Lima'. Aredith wasn't that any longer. She was branded evil.

(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

"I was wondering if you'd like to go-" Jay's hidden plea was cut off by the brisk hand gesture Theresa made as she kissed the carpet with her feet. Raven green eyes glinted with the cold pierce of glass. The physic didn't even have to utter a phrase for Jay's throat to clamp closed. Theresa continued up the stairs with long forced steps. She felt like compressed gelatin. The thin material of her long plum summer dress clung to the side of her hips. The condensation from the blistering air caused beads of dew to cling to her up done haircut.

'Idiotic man,' Theresa sucked at the closed wound on her index finger tip. The hangings on her wall suggested peace and serenity. The yin and yang like symbols strategically placed on the walls for the best appearance, yet she felt the opposite.

Theresa had grown used to the dull pain at her finger, along with the increasing heat around her. The heat wave was threatening to melt her, though the others didn't acknowledge the heat at all. They seemed to claim it was less so. 'Idiotic friends,' she growled at the happy photo at the side of her bed. Theresa was getting meaner, but she wasn't a different person. She wasn't possessed, or else she would've felt something, like she did now.

Drawing some reserved energy Theresa barred the now open window.
"Hello Cronus." The simple words that left Theresa's mouth would've caused a slight shiver and scream for help a week ago. That was then.
"You're awfully calm." Cronus laughed as he finger with the side curtain of the room. The shadows had covered the side of his scar with a long black stroke of midnight. The sun was barely visible in his presence, but Theresa dismissed it; she didn't mind at all.
"Is there any reason I shouldn't be?" Theresa yawned as she hit the soft mattress, her eyes glinted with curiosity. Cronus seemed amused by something she didn't notice, his dark eyes searched her, finally they settled on her hand.
"That scar you have is puny, how did you get it?"

Theresa bit her lip slightly, "An annoying book." Her fists clenched at her long white sheets. 'Jay's precious book,' her thoughts stabbed at the man in thought.
"A book?" Cronus sat next to her, taking her delicate hand in his. 'Oh how I've changed,' Theresa studied the evil god crookedly smirking next to her. 'Yet death is not a fear that I contain anymore.'
"I want it to go away." The sentence was meant for another issue entirely, but Cronus took it as her finger.
"Then let's shed some light on the issue." The pain enveloped her.

A scaly trail of light sped up her arm; the source was the tipped point of her finger. Like all the rays from the aurora had been trapped in her skin, she shone with an unearthly glow. The henna of ice grew to pale lavender in her skin. She yelled before the rough hands brought her to her knees.
"You have been marked! Marked a demon of Tartarus!" He spat in her ear. Fear was strangling her, chocking her once more. Theresa was scared again. The tendons of light were everywhere except around her heart- her cold dead heart.

"Join me." The god's words slithered temptingly in the corners of her mind. Theresa couldn't speak.
"And forget the pain of the man named Jay had ever lived." The stupidity of it all frightened Theresa, more so then his fleeting frame out the window. She rushed in a flurry of autumn to the edge of the open window. She glow left her, with the fear.

The woman peered out the opened passageway. It was a no brainier. Tell Jay. Yet, she remained torn. To Theresa's unwanted joy, she didn't feel distaste, she saw an opportunity. The filling chill of her lungs brought something of power into her veins. She couldn't think, and she didn't want to. Theresa pulled herself halfway out over the plugging cement.

Theresa stopped at the window, her body half out, and her foot dangling over the edge. She pulled at her long skirt. Theresa stared at her home for the past few years. The place of ups and downs, and love and loss. The room seemed so empty and calm in her absence.
"Goodbye." It was directed to none, but she truly believed it was her heart saying farewell. Not to what she wanted to be her past life, and her love, or friends. She shivered in her own delicate skin. Theresa didn't care about any of that. She was staying goodbye to her pain. The one she wouldn't have in her new iced hell.

So Theresa Meyers slipped away into the dim dusk of the moonlight. Never to return again.

(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Authors Note: Short. So there, I finally brought on more of an actually 'action' plot. I hope this satisfies you until I update again; which shall be much sooner, I might add. Don't forget to read, and review! -Nuuoa Eclaire
Sign up to rate and review this story