Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Cold Side of Heart

The False Truth

by NuuoaEclaire 6 reviews

A plot and war older then time itself is revealed. Why does Hera hate Theresa? Who's Thisbe? And Jyros? Why did Jay scorn theresa that night? Is Theresa gone forever? Or will she return, just as Ar...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2007-03-22 - Updated: 2007-03-23 - 1991 words

1Exciting
Author's Note: I just got back from Mexico, so I'm all tanned and happy now. Of course I made sure not to get too tanned for all of you, so I wouldn't get skin cancer and die. Aren't I considerate? I've had some questioning about how long this story is going to be; my answer is nonverbal, in a sense. It all depends on how long you want it to be. So tell me how long you'd like it to be; remembering that I haven't revealed the action/adventure part of the whole story yet. The plot has just begun. Thank you for your wonderful support! Love y'all! -Nuuoa Eclaire

Disclaimer: I do not own Class of the Titans, but I own all my own writings, story, Aredith and the modified legend of Thisbe.

Pairings: Wait and see in here.

Warnings: The biggest shocker. You'll have to see if Hera is evil or not. Decide.

(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·
The Cold Side of Heart
Chapter 8: The False Truth
(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

A chamber of mythological proportions- no pun intended- was being filled with invisible steam and ice. The sturdy polished gold and oak doors creaked silently shut without warning; the only sound made in the vast room besides breathing.

Hera let her eyes rest on every member gathered around the rounded Greek table; made before the time of all the heroes ancestors. As if her eyes were winter itself, Hera bore blizzards into one council member in particular. Persephone.

The queen of the gods felt her whole stomach boil in rage at the very sight of the celestial being; and peace and frost at what had befallen them. She felt her innards want to smile at the concealed grimace of agony the willowy mistress of the underworld. She had warned her; Hera had warned them all.

"By the hand of Zeus have we gathered here today!" Hera made her voice rumble while only being about her normal volume; Hera wasn't one to wear her feelings on her sleeves.
"To discuss a certain person," she hissed the word at Persephone; making it clear she felt the woman in question was anything but. The memories of when Hera had walked in on Persephone's and her student's training was a clear in her mind as an evening moonbeam. Those words. Uttered from her perfectly repulsive tongue.

Ignoring the heat that wafted the room, Hera let her long fingers rest on the smooth surface of the table; the mahogany wood reflected her placid face back at her.
"The whom we welcomed into our home," her tone was steady and slow- a pace she intended to keep- "and taught our ways." Her fingers suddenly tightened where they were rested; she continued, "To fight our mortal enemy! Once our father!"

"We already know why we're here Hera!" Ares turned to face her with the fierceness of a rampant bull. Hera caught her flying tongue before it left her. 'The power of a bull, along with the appearance of one.' She smirked at her thoughts of the god of war. True, he had brute strength compared to her tall and lanky frame; but she held more power then he could comprehend in his puny, narrow mind.

"I'm aware that you are, Ares." She moved with starling grace for one of her age- in human terms she should be dead- next to him. His balding head with beaded with sweat, and his toothbrush brown mustache flat against his upper lip. Though she addressed the tempered man Hera's awareness trickled back to the unreadable goddess next to him. Persephone still hadn't spoken a word.

Hera had been seated at the head on the table; far opposite the arched doorway. On her left sat Hades- his duties had been merger in the underworld compared to this-; Next to him was Athena, then bounced Hermes; as the table curved inwards. Hercules occupied the seat to her right, moving towards Ares and then Persephone next to the nervous Aphrodite and Artemis. Not everyone was there; all others had been dismissed. Chiron, Poseidon and others. No arguments.

Hera was barely aware of Ares still ranting next to her as she pleated her long Greek dress; the silky ivory fabric calming her outside more then in.
"I knew that girl was trouble! From the very moment I met her! That... THING! But what would possess her to run off? I mean, that bit-"
"Shut up."

Hera turned with masked surprise at Persephone's meek outburst; her light eyes brimmed with blazing tears. 'What a fool,' Hera though with loathing; she hoped it didn't show on her face. 'The whole truth in front of her, and she still believes Theresa is innocent.' That's right; she said her name.

With a slight essence of lavender Persephone rose against her husband's silent pleas; meeting Hera in a stare meant for her alone.
"We do not know that Theresa went with Cronus; don't know what happened to her, yeah know?" Hermes piped up nervously. His coal eyes twitched around the room as fast as the tiny wings on his shoes beat per second; faster then a hummingbird.

"She did. And it does not disturb the prophecy. We can always find another." Hera made her statement rind louder. She knew the witch did, she had expected no less from Theresa Meyers. Ever since a few days ago; before the five days that Theresa had been gone. The words were still buried in the back of her mind; only ever being spoken by two women. Thisbe and Theresa. Theresa and Thisbe. Sounded about the same.

"And you would know this, Hera?" The undercurrent in Athena's strong voice suggested the wrong sort of something. Hera wanted to hurl her straight across the room. And she could at that; being a god. Not just a god, but the most powerful in magic. The most powerful. Only her, no one else.

Persephone gave the gruff woman a hidden smile; Hera grunted.
"I do now know what you're implying Athena. The prophecy is fine, and she turned evil." She made her reply brisk and tried to dart away from the subject. 'She always was evil,' she was tempted to speak up. But she didn't.

"When was the last you saw of her?" If Hermes didn't shut his trap soon, something would have to be done.
"In Persephone's solarium, and then afterwards I met with Jay." By the expressions on the cardboard faces, she guessed she had said something wrong.

As if the tides had turned in a simple second, Persephone rose out of her seat in unmatched fury; her white blonde hair streaming into a grayer tone in coloring. The goddess yelled and the room trembled like being struck by an earthquake.
"YOUUU!"

Hades rushed over to his wife before being struck backwards; Hera felt no fear. She was a void of nothing in that eclipse of time.
"It's your fault!" Nothing could calm Persephone down now; she continued with even more despise, "It's always been about power? Hasn't it Hera? None can match you, or even get close! So, when they do you do whatever you can to make them crumble! Betray, manipulate, or.." Persephone's face grimaced into one of satisfaction.
"Kill."

"This isn't about the war of lost legends!" Hera chirped in fear; Persephone knew too much already, and would soon become a threat. Nobody threatened her.
"When did this subject even come up?" Artemis rose to her feet nimbly, her short red hair fell over her face unconsciously as she kept on pushing, "Holding a meeting on where Theresa ran off too, and if we should send the young ones out to find her; how does this have to do with your past mistake?"
"Not a mistake, Artemis!" Hera wasn't trying to keep composure anymore.

The war of lost legends. When a threat had been released on the world like non had ever seen. The most powerful clairvoyant ever to walk the earth; with the most deadly strong power words in existence: Aellaqui Stuna Leima.

She had named herself Terabetta, and had feasted on the hearts and souls of clairvoyants to increase in her own power. Terabetta had been caught after seven years of internal ravaging, and erased from memory. But she was immortal, and could only be killed for so long; until the day she was reborn once again. The same face and power... But a new goal. To kill Hera; for a reason that no one knew of besides Persephone and Hera, herself.

Hera felt like she had lost her balance as unexplainable fear crept up around her. The confused faces around her were blurry. These clueless infidels had no idea about the truth, and why they couldn't look for Theresa. If Hera was correct, Theresa was Terabetta reborn. Going after her to kill her for taking away the one thing she had loved. Jyros.

It couldn't be explained to the people in front of her. She couldn't tell them she had used forbidden magic on Jay to make him destroy Theresa's heart; her power source. That way Theresa could do no magic. She could not surpass Hera and become Terabetta once more; as she assumed was her true identity.

But that wasn't what was unexplainable. It was the thing that she had hidden from existence, and from herself until now. Persephone had vowed to keep it a secret, but she couldn't trust the goddess now that she had taken away Theresa from her. Terabetta had once been a mortal girl. Whom had loved, lost, died, and been reborn.

Everyone knows the story of Thisbe and Pyramus; just not what came after it. A curse long forgotten and wrought from the pages of history. Hera had personally ripped out the last page of the two lovers story, and sealed it tightly with magical bonds only opened by one of magic. In a little black book.

The two dead lovers: Thisbe and Pyramus had let their blood mix together while they lay lifeless. But as it blended together, a baby girl was sprung from the sodden earth. She was named Thisbe and cursed by the disapproving gods.

And so it was sent down from above, that every soul to be born of the descendants of Thisbe and Pyramus would be a girl. And she would also be called Thisbe. The descendants would only have one child, and she would be damned to kill the man she feel in love with. No matter what she did. And she would die soon afterwards.

But someone had broken the chain. Because she still wasn't dead. And she had changed her name to Terabetta. Terabetta, had been that Thisbe. Thisbe was Theresa. Who had loved Jyros, descendant of Jason. Theresa loved Jay, descendant of Jason. Hera refused to let the cycle consume Jay. She refused to have to kill him to remain powerful. She WAS power.

Cornered into the crevasse of the walls, Hera smiled with a snarl before releasing a wave of sonic energy across then room. The mighty gods that had moved forward to question her feel forward in a slump; only Persephone remained conscious.
"Monster." Her throat was raspy and coated in acrid. Hera slapped her across the face, causing the goddess to slump over to unconsciousness with a red mark across Persephone's beautiful pale face.

"I AM POWER!" Hera cried up to the heavens as she stepped from the room. She wasn't going to let Theresa realize who she was. She made the mistake of not killing her last time, and had lost Jyros. She wouldn't loose Jay. Yes, Hera would find her. And then, she would kill her.

(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Author's Note: Soo... Yeah... o_O. Is Hera right about Theresa? Maybe, maybe not. Next chapter is more of a filler, with the story of Thisbe and Jyros. I'll update soon. Review please, if you want. The next chapter will be called: First Comes Thisbe.- Nuuoa Eclaire
Sign up to rate and review this story