Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Shadows of the Past

The Dream

by fire-rose 4 reviews

Theresa is being constantly troubled by visions sent to her by an unknown force. To her, it reveals a disturbing secret about one of her team mates...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-03-05 - Updated: 2007-03-06 - 504 words

0Unrated
Ooo... my second story! I just thought of it when I was finishing my homework! I hope you enjoy it!

Disclaimer: I do not own CotT, but I have written this story.

__________________________________________________________________

Once again, Theresa lay awake, troubled by her dreams. Her sixth sense had been acting up all week, sending her misty visions of which she could not decipher. They had come from someone else, she was sure of it. But who they were, was a mystery to her.

However, tonight, her vision was different. It was much more powerful. Much more urgent.

All at once, her head filled with a bright blue light. She grabbed her head in pain. It felt as if something was trying desperately to break out of her skull.

The light finally faded, revealing a strange sight. It was a glimpse of another time. /Most likely the past/, Theresa thought. She had no idea why she thought that. She just /knew/.

From behind a corner, she saw a small child come dashing out. She was barely over 5 and she seemed full of energy. She was running, quite quickly for a small child, to the corner of the room where a slumped figure, whom Theresa had not noticed before, was sitting.

The figure was very pale and seemed sickly. She had huge bags under her soft green eyes, indicating little sleep in the past few weeks. She grasping her head, and had her eyes closed.

"Momma, momma!" the small figure cried, leaping onto her mother's lap with a bright flash of striking red hair. Tenderly, the mother pushed the child away, turning her head away from the child.

The child's eyes swelled with pain. "Momma, what's wrong?"

Forcing a smile, she replied," Nothing too serious, darling. Just another headache." But by the look on her face, it appeared to be more serious then she let on.

But the child, being young and naïve, was satisfied with her reply." Can we play a game, mommy? Can we play hide and seek?" The child suggested excitedly, eyes brightening as the previous moment came to pass.

"Maybe some other time," the mother stated, grimacing as her headache became more painful.

"Please? Please? Please?!" the child pleaded, slapping her hands on her mother's lap.

The slapping seemed to annoy the mother and her face filled with rage." No, Atlanta, no! Can't you see I'm in pain right now?" She shoved the child away.

Young Atlanta burst into tears and ran out of the room. Her mother, seeming to regret her outburst, sighed and lay her head down on the table.

Theresa returned to the present, slightly shocked at what she had just seen. She realized she did not actually know much about Atlanta's family and she wondered what had happened to Atlanta's mother. But one thing she couldn't get out of her mind was the heartbroken face of Atlanta.

__________________________________________________________________

Ta-dah! End of the first chapter of my second story. I'm still working on Destruction Prophesy. I'll update soon.

Please r&r! TTFN!
Sign up to rate and review this story