Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Love and Death Embrace

Chapter Seven

by MyVengefulRomance 8 reviews

Sleepovers, threats, and tears are shed. Please read and review. Please?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2007-03-09 - Updated: 2007-03-10 - 2709 words

0Unrated
- Disclaimer- Nothing. I own...nothing.

A/N- I actually got more than six reviews! cough-SafeFromRobotsDAMNisacheater-cough Just kidding, darling. It's cool that you'd cheat to get me to update. hands ham And thanks to everyone else who reviewed. And, what the hell, thanks to those who read but don't review. stared pointedly I had a great idea for this story the other night. So, be glad. It's the first time I actually know where a story's going beforehand. Well, I'll shut up now...Enjoy...

Oh, and Gerard's views are not that of my own. Hell, my best friend is Korean.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mikey sat on the couch, watching some random anime TV show. He was completely absorbed in it, and jumped when Gerard plopped down on the couch next to him and snorted.

"I can draw WAY better than that," he said. "And...why are the eyes so big? Are the Japanese trying to make up for something?"

Mikey snorted and said, "You're so bad."

Gerard grinned and said, "Yeah...Oh, did Mom and Dad tell you? They aren't gonna be here all weekend. They're trying to 'save the marriage' I guess. But, I'm in charge. So, be careful, or I'll kill you and all your little friends. Oh, and the guys are coming over in, like, ten minutes. They're staying for the whole weekend."

Mikey groaned.

"I'm screwed."

Gerard laughed, "Sure are, kid."

Mikey rolled his eyes and turned back to the TV. Gerard, still smiling, stood up and walked into the kitchen. Just then, the doorbell rang.

"Yo, Mikes, will you go get that?" Gerard called from the kitchen. Mikey, grumbling, walked over to the door and pulled it open.

"Hello, Mikes-fo-shizzle! Wazzup? How are you today?" Frank asked, bouncing up and down on the front-step. He had his overnight bag on his shoulder, his guitar in his hands, and his Lord of the Rings pillow at his feet. His eyes were wide as he beamed with all his might at Mikey.

Mikey blinked, and slammed the door in Frank's face. He turned and walked back to the couch, sitting down.

Frank stood there, staring at the door, his face covered in confusion. He didn't understand what just happened. He didn't know what to do. So, he sat down.

Meanwhile, inside, Gerard walked back into the living room, sipping on a Coke.

"Who was that?" he asked, slightly confused.

Mikey shrugged.

"No one important."

Gerard narrowed his eyes at his younger brother, and asked slowly, "Did you leave Frank out there, /again/?"

Mikey's lips stretched into an innocent smile.

"Of course not," he smiled.

Gerard punched Mikey in the arm and hissed, "I don't care that you don't like him! Stop doing that! This is the fifth time! He gets confused when you slam the door on him!"

Mikey glared at Gerard and ran upstairs, yelling, "I hate you!"

Gerard stared after him, but burst out laughing when an accented voice from upstairs suddenly yelled, "SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!"

Then, he remembered Frank.

"ARGH!" he yelled, running over to the door and pulling it open. Then, he started laughing hysterically.

Frank was sitting on his pillow cross-legged with his head down, looking very rejected. He was wringing his hands in his lap.

His head shot up when he heard Gerard laughing. Gerard was doubled over, clutching the doorway for support.

"It's not funny," Frank grumbled, grabbing his things and shoving past Gerard to get inside.

"Sorry," Gerard gasped, grinning as he closed the door behind him. "I'm sorry. That was mean."

"Damn right," Frank grumbled, sitting down on the couch. Gerard joined him, and they talked about nothing until the other four boys arrived.

Ray and Bob arrived together, then Brendon, and finally Bam.

Bam barged into the house, looking very angry. His lip was busted, and his right eye was black.

"Oh, Jesus, did you get beat up, too?" Gerard gasped, touching his own shoulder. Frank sub-consciously reached up and rubbed his bruised throat, looking at the floor.

Bam nodded, his eyes burning.

"The football team cornered me. Which one of you idiots knocked their leader out? We're all screwed because of it," Bam snarled.

"What do you mean?" Brendon asked. Bam curled his fingers in and out of a fist.

"They're gonna come after each and every one of us, just to get revenge," Bam replied through clenched teeth.

Gerard blinked, and said, "Bam...Ville had to. If Ville hadn't hit Jason, he probably would have ripped my arms off and choked Frank." Frank nodded, still rubbing his throat.

Bam bit his lip, and looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I barely got out of there, though. I thought I was going to die."

Gerard ran a hand through his hair, and said, "I think they got Ville. That's why we went home early today. He's upstairs right now, resting. I'm just glad Mom and Dad weren't here, because they would've taken him to the hospital. He still f**ked up, though."

Ray groaned.

"Let's go upstairs, and just...I dunno. Figure something out."

Gerard nodded.

"Good idea. Anybody want snacks or something?"

"Yeah. Just get a bunch of Cokes and a big bowl of nachos," Ray said.

Gerard nodded, and said, "Okay, you guys can go on up there now. Just knock first, Ville's in there."

They all nodded, and then trooped upstairs. Gerard sighed, and gathered all the snacks onto a tray. He couldn't believe all the shit that was going on in his life. And then it hit him.

What would all his friends think of him liking men?

Horrified, he froze, his breath hitching.

"Oh my God," he murmured, leaning against the wall. He tried to steady his breathing, but then he heard muffled laughter upstairs. He squeezed his eyes shut, and shook his head quickly. He sucked in a deep breath, and walked up the stairs into his room.

All of the boys were in a circle on the ground, with Ville still curled up in his blankets and laying down. They all had their pillows out, and were wrapped in the blankets that were lying around his room.

Gerard laughed, setting the tray down in the middle.

"You guys are all girls," he laughed, sitting down next to Frank and grabbing a Coke.

"Let's play a game!" Brendon squealed. Everyone turned to stare at him.

"Ummm...yeah," Bob said, his eyebrow raised.

Frank frowned, "No, let's play a game! Oh, I know! It's called 'Secrets'. You have to tell us your deepest secret, or you have to call up a girl of our choice and flirt with her. (A/N-Not a real game. Totally just made this up.) Come on, it'll be fun."

Gerard and Ville exchanged wide-eyed glances, and Gerard shook his head quickly. Ville nodded.

"I'm in," he said. Bam sighed.

"Sure. Whatever."

"Me too!" Brendon squeaked, clapping his hands. Ray and Bob both nodded. They all turned to Gerard expectantly.

"Fine," he mumbled. "But I'm not first."

Frank said, "Ville, you're first. You have to go three times, though, because we know perpetually nothing about you."

Gerard gaped at Frank.

"Oh my God," he said.

"What?" Frank asked worriedly.

Gerard said, "You just said 'perpetually'. Where the hell did you learn that big word?"

Everyone besides Frank laughed.

Vile shrugged and said, "Whatever."

"Okay," Frank said. "What is one of your deepest secrets?"

"Um...," Ville said, thinking. "Oh, I got it. I'm a song writer, and I write my own songs. I can sing pretty well, too."

"That's cool. Sing us a song," Brendon said, smiling. Ville blushed.

"Oh, I don't-."

"Come on, man. Can you play guitar?" Frank asked. "I brought mine. Play us a song."

Ville sighed, and murmured, "Fine."

Frank handed Ville the guitar, and he strummed it, positioning his fingers.

"This is called 'The Funeral of Hearts.'" He looked up at their faces, and smiled, "Please, don't ask for where I get inspiration. It's a long story."

He strummed the guitar, and lowered his head. He opened his mouth and began singing. His voice was deep and mature, surprising for a seventeen year old. Gerard stared, and was suddenly sure that what he felt was really love.

"Love's the funeral of hearts,
And an ode for cruelty.
When angels cry blood,
On flowers of evil in bloom."

"The funeral of hearts,
And a plea for mercy.
When love is a gun,
Separating me from you."

Ville's eyes slid shut as he concentrated on the song. He was putting his entire soul into the performance.

"She was the sun shining upon,
The tomb of your hopes and dreams so frail.
He was the moon painting you,
With its glow so vulnerable and pale."

"Love's the funeral of hearts
And an ode for cruelty.
When angels cry blood
On flowers of evil in bloom

"The funeral of hearts,
And a plea for mercy.
When love is a gun,
Separating me from you."

"She was the wind, carrying in,
All the troubles and fears you've for years tried to forget.
He was the fire, restless and wild,
And you were like a moth to that flame."

Ville paused in singing, and launched into an acoustic guitar solo, that sounded great even without an amp. Then, he began singing again, except with a new level of intensity.

"The heretic seal beyond divine,
A prayer to a god who' s deaf and blind.
The last rites for souls on fire,
Three little words and a question: why?"

"Love's the funeral of hearts,
And an ode for cruelty.
When angels cry blood,
On flowers of evil in bloom."

"The funeral of hearts,
And a plea for mercy.
When love is a gun,
Separating me from you."

Ville ended the song and looked up shyly.

"So, what did you-?"

Everyone started clapping, and Brendon grinned, "Ha, everything I try writing always ends up being about cheese or monkeys. That was really deep."

Ray blinked, "Okay...cheese and monkeys, Bren? Come on, man."

"Hey!" Brendon exclaimed. "I never said cheese /and /monkeys. I said cheese OR monkeys."

Ville laughed, and Gerard grinned shyly at him.

"That was amazing, Ville," he said, smiling. Ville smiled back, and they stared into each other's eyes, getting lost.

"Yo!" Frank said, snapping his fingers in front of Gerard's face. "Earth to Gee."

Gerard gasped, "Oh, sorry. I just-."

CRASH!!!!

Gerard jumped up, looking around.

"Did you hear that? It came from downstairs," he exclaimed, running into the hallway. Mikey walked out of his room and looked at Gerard, worried.

"What was that?" he asked.

"Don't worry about it, Mikes. I'll handle it. Go back to your room," Gerard replied, wide-eyed. Bam stood up and walked into the hallway.

"Let's go see what the hell that was," he said, walking down the stairs. Gerard followed, swallowing hard. He walked into the living room and upon looking around, tears filled his eyes.

The front window was shattered, and there was a brick lying on the carpet amidst the glass. There was a piece of paper tied around the brick.

Bam stood there, staring at the glass. He turned to look at Gerard, his eyes flashing.

"I'm going to kill them," he growled. "I swear to God. I am going to f**king kill them all."

Gerard ignored him, and, sniffling, stepped gingerly around the glass and picked up the brick. He quickly untied the paper, and dropping the brick, he opened the note.

"'You're going to pay for what you did, you f*king fags. You're going to f*king die. Better watch your backs.'" Gerard read, a single tear rolling down his cheek. He was terrified. Never in his life had he been threatened like this.

A thought suddenly hit him.

"What if Mikey had been in here when they threw it? He could've been seriously hurt," Gerard gasped, turning to look at Bam, horrified.

Bam snarled, "I swear to God, I will kill them all!"

Frank, Brendon, Ray, Bob, and Ville all came running down the stairs. A collective gasp rose amongst the group.

Gerard looked at them, and silently handed the note to Frank. Frank read it aloud, and turned to Gerard.

"What are you going to do?"

Gerard, wide-eyed, said, "I...I don't know. I should...I should call my parents, right? Do...do I call the cops?"

Bob said, "Yeah, I think-."

"No," Bam interupted firmly. "We were playing football and accidentally broke the window. There were no threats. I'll take care of this, guys."

"How?" Gerard asked, trying hard not to cry in front of everyone. It wasn't working. He kept thinking of Mikey getting hit by the brick and getting killed...

"Don't worry about it," Bam said, his eyes burning. They all stared at him, but it was only Ville that looked on in fear.

He had seen that look on a boy once before, on a boy he had held close to his heart. But now...the only place Ville could see the boy was in his memories.

He knew what was going to happen, and he didn't like it one bit.

But...he wasn't going to stop him.

Ville, staying silent, walked over and wrapped an arm around Gerard's shoulders. Gerard, letting out a choked sob, turned and began sobbing into Ville's shoulder.

Bob exchanged an uncomfortable look with Ray and said, "I'm going to take Ray home. Frank, Bren, Bam, you need a ride?"

Brendon nodded glumly, but Frank and Bam shook their heads.

"I'm staying here. You go on," Frank said.

Bam said, "I gotta go get ready for how I'll take care of our little problem. But really. Don't worry. I have it under control."

"Okay. Bye, guys. Sorry 'bout how unfair life is," Bob said, grabbing his stuff and walking outside with Ray, Bam, and Brendon.

"Bye," Frank murmured, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm really sorry, Gee," he said, turning back to the pair. Gerard pulled away, and wiped his eyes on his sleeve.

"Dammit," he whispered hoarsely. "I'm scared for Mikey, now."

"See?" Frank said, trying to lighten the mood. "You do love your brother."

"Yeah," Gerard said, shuffling his foot. "Will you guys help me clean up the glass?"

Ville and Frank nodded, and the threesome began silently cleaning up the glass.

"Oh my God," came a voice from the stairs.

Gerard's head shot up, and his eyes locked with Mikey's.

"Mikey," he commanded hoarsely. "Stay there. I don't want you to get cut on the glass."

Mikey nodded slowly, his eyes wide behind his glasses.

"Gee...your eyes are red. Have you been...crying?"

Gerard bent over to pick up a large piece of glass.

"No," he mumbled.

"Yes, you have."

"No, I haven't."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No-OW!!!!!!" Gerard shrieked, clutching his now bleeding hand. Frank's head shot up, and he looked at Gerard, horrified. Mikey gasped, as did Ville.

"Christ," Gerard muttered, tears running down his cheeks again as he dropped the bloodied, jagged pieced of glass.

"Let me see," Frank commanded, holding out his hand. Gerard, whimpering, placed his injured hand in Frank's. Frank gasped. Ville leaned over to Frank's shoulder to see, and Mikey walked forward to better look.

"Hey!" Ville yelled. "What did Gerard tell you? Stay on the stairs so you don't get hurt!"

Mikey stopped, his eyes wide.

"But-."

"But nothing!" Ville interupted. "Do as your brother says. He just wants to protect you."

Mikey began to cry softly, sitting down on the bottom step.

Gerard looked over at him, and still crying, said, "Mikey, Ville's right. Stay there. I don't want you hurt."

Mikey nodded, and whispered, "You're scaring me, Gee. I've never seen you cry before."

Gerard smiled sadly, "Sorry, Mikes, but this hurts like a bitch. It's f**king deep, too."

"Yeah, and it's bleeding a lot. I'm calling 9-1-1," Frank said, frowning as he inspected the wound. Gerard's face paled.

"Mom and Dad will never trust me home alone again."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- Oooo...that was a long one. I really like this chapter. A lot. Oh, and download the song 'So Cold I Could See My Breath' by Emery. It's /amazing/. And, REVIEW!!!!! Or I won't update. pouts No, seriously.
Sign up to rate and review this story