Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Love and Death Embrace

Chapter Eight

by MyVengefulRomance 11 reviews

Hospital visits, jealous boyfriends, and a phone call. The beginning of the end, my friends. Please read. READ AND REVIEW!!!! Please?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2007-03-10 - Updated: 2007-03-11 - 2136 words

1Original
- Disclaimer- Oh...I own the big, bad, preppy mean-ass football gang. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

A/N- Thanks for all the kind reviews, loves. Okay, so...don't kill me for what is gonna happen. Just know this: I wouldn't do what is going to happen to people I didn't love. I love everyone in this. I promise. sighs Okay, now that that's over with, I just want you to know that I have done no medical research on this. Any mistakes are my own, and completely not my fault. Well, enjoy...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh...oh, my God!" Donna shrieked, rushing into the hospital room. Gerard's head shot up, as did Mikey's, Ville's, and Frank's. Gerard's eyes were puffy and red from crying.

Frank had called 9-1-1, fearing for his friend after Gerard had murmured, "Why's the room so cold? And why's it spinning?"

It turned out that Gerard, even though it was just a cut in the hand, had lost a lot of blood. The glass had sliced through his palm, stretching from his index finger to the middle of his wrist. It had cut an artery in his wrist slightly, which is why he bled so much.

He was sitting hospital bed with Mikey, Frank, and Ville huddled around him.

"Hi, Mom," he muttered, clutching his bandaged hand to his chest. The wound had to have 15 stitches.

Donna rushed forward and flung her arms around her son.

"Gerard, baby, I was so worried," she said, pressing kisses to his forehead and cheeks. She pulled away after a moment and sighed, swallowing the tears she wanted to shed.

"My phone rang and when I answered it was the hospital. I was so scared, Gerard. I didn't want anything to happen to one of my babies."

Gerard bit his lip, but he started to cry anyway.

"Are you mad about the window?" he asked, cursing himself for being such a wimp.

Donna shook her head, but then Donald walked in the room, looking very angry.

"Which one of you broke the window?" he bellowed. Gerard jumped, his eyes widening. Frank and Ville exchanged glances, and Mikey stared at the floor.

"Well?" Don asked, walking forward, his hands curled into fists at his sides.

"It was me, sir," Ville piped up. "I'm very sorry. It was an accident. I'm not very good at sports, and I-."

Don narrowed his eyes and snarled, "So...we brought you into our house, and what do you do? You ungrateful little-."

"Donald!" Donna interupted. "It was an accident, and our son is in the hospital! Don't you think you should concentrate on that?"

Don shot Ville a glare, and walked out of the room, grumbling. Ville lowered his head, ashamed. He hadn't actually broken the window, but someone had to take the blame.

Donna patted Ville on the shoulder and said, not noticing his wince of pain, "Don't worry, honey. He's just upset about something that happened earlier today."

Ville nodded, his head still down, and Donna sighed, turning to look at Frank.

"Sweetie, why are you here? Why didn't you go home when the ambulance came?"

Frank blushed.

"I wanted to make sure that Gee was okay."

Ville looked at him suspiciously, feeling a pang of jealousy shoot through him. Donna smiled.

"That's sweet, darling. Do you need a ride home?"

"I can't stay the night?" Frank asked, worried. "I don't have anywhere else to go, Mrs. Way. My parents are out of town."

Donna sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"Oh. Well, in that case, you can stay the night."

Frank smiled to himself, and Ville narrowed his eyes. He had the sudden feeling that Frank wanted to be more than just friends with Gerard.

Donna looked at Ville closely, and gasped, "Ville, my God! What happened to you?"

Ville looked at her with wide eyes, and quickly said, "Nothing."

"No," she said, running her hand along his bruised cheek. He winced. "Did something happen at school?"

"No," he answered. "I, uh, tripped and hit my face on the, uh, sink. Yeah, that's it. The sink."

Donna stared at him, before sighing.

"Okay, fine," she said. "Well, come on, boys. Let's go home. I have to pick up pain killers for you, Gerard, in the morning, but the pharmacy is closed right now. But the doctors said that you can go home now. Oh, and we have to change the bandage every 12 hours."

Gerard nodded and stood up, sniffling. Mikey walked over to Donna and grabbed her hand. Donna looked at him, slightly confused, but then she saw his face. He may have been 14, but he was still just an innocent, scared little boy. She curled her fingers around his, and he stared at the floor as they walked down the hallway, with Frank, Ville, and Gerard walking behind.

They all piled into Donna's little Toyota, with Mikey in the front seat and the three older boys in the back. It was a half an hour drive back to the house, and it was past midnight.

Gerard, who was in the middle, laid his head down on Frank's shoulder. Frank smiled softly and put a hand on the boy's knee. Ville's fingers curled into a fist as he watched. Maybe Gerard was just playing with him.

Or maybe he was just tired and leaned onto the shoulder that wasn't turned away from him. Ville sighed, knowing that the second voice was probably right. But then again, Frank's smirk...

The car pulled into the driveway, and Frank gently shook Gerard awake. He had drifted off to sleep, probably due to the pain killers that had been given to him earlier.

Gerard blinked sleep from his eyes, and winced when he saw the large board covering the front window.

"Sorry 'bout the window, Mom," he whispered sadly.

Donna looked at him and said, "Sweetie, it's not your fault."

"It's mine," Ville said, walking up next to the pair.

Donna sighed, "It was an accident. Don't worry about it, okay?" Ville nodded sadly.

Mikey yawned and said, "Mom, can you just unlock the front door and let us in? I'm tired."

Donna smiled, "Of course." She put the key into the lock and said, "Alright, boys, it's right off to bed. You've all had a long night. Gerard, especially you. I want you to get as much rest as possible." She pushed open the door and let the boys in first. Gerard stepped inside, and winced.

Glass still littered the floor, and there was a small red stain in the beige carpet where Gerard had cut himself. Thankfully, Frank had ran upstairs and hidden the brick and the note under Gerard's bed, and brought down a leather football. He had placed the ball in the middle of the mess, to make it seem like the ball had broken the window.

"Boys...off to bed," Donna said, hugging Gerard one more time. "I'm glad you're okay."

Gerard pulled away and nodded sullenly.

"'Night," he said, walking up the stairs. Mikey, Frank, and Ville followed him up the stairs after they had said goodnight.

In the bedroom, Gerard sat up in his bed wearing his boxers and a clean t-shirt. (The one he wore that day had blood on it.) Ville pulled off his own pants, and Frank did the same. (They all had the same, low maintenance philosophies.)

"Frank...where do you wanna sleep?" Gerard asked as Ville climbed into his floor-mattress. Frank shrugged.

"The floor, I guess," he said. Gerard shook his head.

"Nah, come and share the bed with me. We're all guys."

Ville shot Gerard a look that clearly said, 'What the hell are you doing?' Gerard repelled it with a 'Just trust me.' look.

Ville slumped down into his blankets and pouted. Frank shrugged and said, "Whatever. We've done it before."

He crawled into bed next to Gerard, who smiled and turned his back to Frank.

Turning off the lamp, he said, "'Night, guys."

"G'night," Frank mumbled, drifting off to sleep already. Ville didn't say anything. Gerard stayed up, waiting for something from the Finn, anything. Finally, Gerard drifted off to sleep with no response from the Finn.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day, when Gerard woke up, Frank wasn't there. Later, he learned that his parents had picked him up to go to his cousin's wedding.

His hand throbbed like a crazy bitch, but his mom had gotten the pain killers which helped a lot. But what didn't help were the silent glares he kept getting from Ville. Oh, and Mikey kept shooting Gerard these frightened glances that Gerard didn't understand. He had tried to joke around with Mikey, but the pale boy only stared at him with wide eyes.

Gerard was so confused...finally, after three hours straight of the silent treatment from Ville and those weird looks from Mikey, Gerard let out a loud groan.

"For Christ's sake, I'm gonna go take a nap. When I come back down, you two had better stop being so...so...so goddamn weird around me!"

Ville and Mikey stared at him, and Gerard huffed, standing up and running upstairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, the next day was not much better, if not worse. Ville had started talking to him again, but never explained what had made him angry the day before. Mikey still shot Gerard those strange looks, and Gerard's hand had started to bleed for no reason for an hour straight, before mysteriously stopping.

And then, the phone call came.

It was at five o'clock, and Donna and Donald were at marriage counseling. Mikey was at his friend's house, so it was just Ville and Gerard. They were downstairs, sitting on the couch and watching television.

Suddenly, the phone rang. Gerard jumped up and hurried to answer the cordless phone.

"Hello?" he answered, walking back to the couch and sitting down.

"Gerard?" the voice on the other end breathed. Gerard's eyes widened.

"Bam? Is that you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's me. I'm fine. Just...just answer me this: do you hate the popular kids who have hurt us?"

Gerard thought about this for a second.

"Well, yeah. I mean, they've hurt all of my friends. I guess I do."

"No, Gerard!" Bam suddenly yelled, breathing hard. "I need a definite yes or no! Do you or don't you hate them?"

Gerard jumped slightly.

"Well, geez, Bam. No need to yell."

"Gerard, I'm being serious here. I told you that I'd take care of this. And I will. But there's only one way, and I need to know if you hate them or not," Bam said, his voice strained.

Gerard sighed, "Yes, Bam, I hate them. What are you going to do?"

"Good," Bam said, his voice mysteriously calm. "Gerard?"

"Yeah?" Gerard said, getting worried. "What are you going to do, Bam?"

"Just remember, Gerard: I love you all. That's why I'm doing this. It's because I love you."

Gerard blinked.

"Bam!" he shouted. "Tell me what you're going to do! Tell me, Bam! Tell-."

The line suddenly went dead. Pale, Gerard turned to look at Ville. Ville sat up, worried, when he saw Gerard's wide eyes.

"What did Bam want?" he asked, his accent thick as he began to worry.

Gerard shook his head.

"Bam's gonna do something bad tomorrow at school," he said, "and I don't know what."

Ville shrugged, pulling Gerard into his arms.

"I doubt it will be as bad as you think," he mumbled into Gerard's messy black locks.

Gerard nodded, sighing.

"I know. Bam jut sounded...I dunno, freaky. He was all freaked out, but when I told him that I did hate the people who hurt us, he got really calm. It was creepy."

Ville froze, his muscles stiffening as memories of the night before the worst day of his life filled his head.

"You okay?" Gerard asked, looking up into Ville's face. Ville faked a smile and kissed Gerard's cheek.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just remembering something about homework I didn't do. No big deal," he lied.

"Should you do the homework?" Gerard asked, pulling away to look at Ville.

Ville smiled.

"I don't think it's going to matter."

"What do you mean?" Gerard asked, confused.

Ville shrugged, "Nothing. Oh, let's watch a movie!"

Gerard laughed and said, "Okay, fine. What do want to watch?"

"Anything you think I'll like," Ville shrugged. "I don't really care."

Gerard grinned.

"I have the perfect movie. The Nightmare Before Christmas. I promise you, you'll love it."

Ville smiled, settling down to enjoy the last night he'd have before everyone's life was flipped upside down, in a bad direction.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- Cookies for anyone who figures out what Bam's gonna do! laughs Please, review! I get happy when I read reviews, and I write a lot when I'm happy. Hint, hint. REVIEW!!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story