Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Sweet Revenge

A Broken Promise's Ashes

by darks00 3 reviews

All in De's point of view. Sorry if this story's going down hill...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-03-10 - Updated: 2007-03-11 - 759 words

0Unrated
Last time, on Sweet Revenge, on the helicoper on the way home...

I watched Julius struggling for his life. I watched as Scarlett took Julius' shirt off, and rapped his rib cage in some clean clothes. I watched Julius' chest go up and down slowly. Poor guy could hardly breathe.

And all I could do was watch. Watch helplessly as Julius was on the line of life and death.

______________________________________________________________

"How much longer?" I asked Al.

"About another hour. How's our kiddo doing back there?"

I knew he was talking about Julius.

"He's all cleaned up, and he hasn't open his eyes yet. We're trying to cool down his fever," Scarlett answered for me.

Al didn't reply, not knowing what to say. Scarlett picked up a glass with a clear substance inside of it.

"What is that?" I asked her.

"It's a herbal medicine," she explained, "it should help Julius fight whatever posion's in his body."

She asked me to help get Julius in a sitting position, and she took the cup to his lips. He drank a little bit, then coughed. Through all of this, he didn't open his eyes. I layed him back down. His hair was pasted to his head with sweat. I removed his bangs from his eyes, grabbed a washcloth and whiped the sweat away from his face. Scarlett then left to go sit in the front with Al, and tell him about Julius' condition. She already told me.

I sat beside Julius. I remember hearing on a tv show that when someone's unconscious, they could still hear you, and that would give them encouragement to open their eyes, wake up. I didn't know if it was true or not, but hell, it was worth a shot. I grabbed his pale hand and put it in mine carefully, like as if it was breakable china.

"Hey Juls, it's me...Delilah," I began.

I choked back a snob. This was very hard on me, but Julius needs me now then ever now.

"About an hour and we'll be home. I'll go get you your favorite drink, rootbeer. Would you like that?"

My reply was his heavy breathing and coughing. Maybe he wasn't unconscious. Maybe it was just too hard for him to speak or open his eyes.

"I'm so sorry for getting you into this mess, Julius," I apologized.

I felt Julius grab my hand- and tight. That showed me he was awake, just too weak to do anything. I heard Julius try to talk, but it came out as a whisper. I put my ear to his lips to hear what he had said:

"It's not your fault. Anything for you, De,"

I smiled, and put a finger on his lips. "Thanks, Juls, but you shouldn't talk. You're very weak and were injected with posion. And I'm going to do anything for you to get you better. I promise."

Then I froze...

____________________________________________________________

FLASHBACK:

Delilah when she was 5 years old:

"Delilah, Honey, we promise we will be back as soon as possible, okay?" Mother had said to me.

"So be a good girl for Al and Scarlett, ok? They're very nice babysitters." My father added.

No. I didn't want Al or Scarlett, I wanted my mother and father.

"Do you promise you will come back?" I asked them.

"Promise," they both said at the same time.


"Pinky swear it," I demanded.

My mother did so. "Bye, Honey,"

My mother and father kissed me good bye. All I could think about that night was their promise.

But I didn't know, that that night, they would dissapear, and their promise would be broken...

END OF FLASHBACK

________________________________________________________

"Julius, I will promise you one thing," I told him as I bit my lip, "I promise to do all I can to help you, even if it means giving my life up for you."

Julius sqeezed my hand harder. He was going to try to talk again, but I put my two fingers on his lips again and hussed him.

"I would love to hear you talk, Juls," I explained, "but you really need your rest, ok? We're almost home. We're almost home."

Julius' grip relaxed. This reminded me how promises can create hope...yet some can destroy hope. Was my promise a ray of light of hope? I knew this was real life, not like a tv show. But that promise was made out of hope and love, and I intend to keep it, for I meant every word of it. For I loved him.

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story