Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Moving On

Mistakes

by Arisa 6 reviews

Hm...read and find out, I'm too tired to think of anything semi-decent right now. X.X

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-03-10 - Updated: 2007-03-11 - 2062 words

0Unrated
Ch. 4 Mistakes
I wasn't going to upload this chapter at all, but I decided to for two reasons: cnharp and Shelbi. They were the only ones who reviewed that last chapter and I really appreciated that. I know that I may sound spoiled, but I'm not sure if I'm going to upload the next chapter unless I get at least 3-5 reviews for this one.

I heard Brendon and Andy come in and did my best to block them out. I could still hear the faint mumbles of Andy talking to Ryan, and then a door closing. I heard the sound of them walking around, but no one was saying a word. I listened a little harder, trying to see if they were talking. All of a sudden the sound of moving stopped and there was total silence. I remained listening closely, but refused to turn and try to see.

"So..." Ryan went on to say something else, but I gave a frustrated sigh and closed my eyes. I decided that since I couldn't hear, I might as well take a nap. I shifted lightly so that I was on my back and pulled the sheet and comforter over me. I know, it's summer, but I always used the comforter, it was like a sense of..comfort. Hah, I get the name now! I shook my head at my own stupidity and closed my eyes, willing myself to drift off.

I had drifted off comfortably and was only awakened when I felt someone sit down on the bed behind me. My stomach knotted itself when I felt someone lightly rubbing my back. In my tired state I couldn't tell who, and I refused to turn and check. I was afraid it would be him, but at the same time I was afraid it wouldn't be, and that it would be someone who was going to confirm my fear. That Brendon was going to be with Pete. I knew Pete wouldn't do that, but I couldn't help my imagination from running.

As I got used to the sensation, my eyes began to close again. I was in a half-asleep state, silently relishing the feeling of the hand on my back. Of course, when it pulled away I was snapped into a dazed/awake state. "Kay, wake up." I really didn't want to hear his voice. I opened my eyes, and curled up so that his hand was no longer resting on my back. "Can we at least talk." I turned so I was on my back and I could see him, but still remained silent. "Look, you don't have to talk." "Where's Ryan. I want him." I blurted defiantly, not wanting to hear what I was sure was bad news. Brendon sighed, but answered my question anyway. "He'll be back soon, he went to make a phone call in the hall. Now just listen, please." He put a hand on my leg, but I pulled away. I looked at him, waiting for him to talk.

He sighed again, placing his hands down on the bed. "I've sobered up." "Congratulations." I bit out sarcasticaly, allowing my eyes to scan everything the room to avoid looking at him. "Look, Katie, I didn't mean to do what I did. I was so scared that Jon was going to make us stop seeing each other. I was upset he didn't trust us. The closest place I could find to help me forget was the bar. I didn't mean to go after Pete, he was just there." Tears stung my eyes as he admitted he had kissed Pete. There was complete silence for a few minutes, and I heard the door open lightly. "What do you want me to say, Bren? What do you want me to do?" I said quietly, my eyes concentrating on the corner Ryan would hopefully be coming around any second.

He paused before answering. "I know it won't be easy, but I want to move past this. I want you to forgive me, Katie. I love you..." He added more softly. I sighed as the tears began to spill over and run down my cheeks. Ryan came around the corner and walked straight over to my side of the bed. "I thought you were just gonna explain man, what the hell?" Ryan asked, pulling me into his arms. Brendon didn't answer, so I spoke up. "No, he did explain, it's okay. I'm just having a rough time." Ryan nodded, rubbing my back lightly, avoiding the scratches. "Look Bren, I just really don't know. Look at me and tell me honestly what you think of Pete." Bren met my eyes and I could see hope shining behind the gathering moisture. "I love Pete, but only like a brother. I swear I have no idea what I was thinking."

I held his gave for a second longer before pulling him in towards me and Ryan for a hug. "So, are we okay now?" He asked, lightly putting his arms around us. "No..." I answered slowly, "but we will be." He smiled and nodded, collapsing on the bed. "Well, I'm going to sleep off the rest of this alcohol and drama." I smiled and nodded. "Night Bren." I leaned down to place a light kiss on his lips. I grabbed Ryan and dragged him out into the living room. "Ry, who were you on the phone with?" I asked quietly, not wanting to wake Brendon. "I phoned Pete. I just wanted to make sure Brendon's story added up. Turns out when he had kissed Pete, Pete kinda freaked and reminded him he was with us." I nodded, I already knew that. "Brendon mumbled that he knew, but he was afraid it was over. Pete just assumed he was upset and drunk, he didn't know about the arguement with Jon."

I felt a little bad after hearing all of that. I mean, I would be upset if one of their siblings, especially if I was close to their siblings like they were with Jon, told me to quit seeing them. Plus he was drunk, so maybe I should just try to forget this ever happened. I nodded silently to myself, standing up and grabbing my phone. I changed into a pair of jeans and threw on a hoodie. "Wait, where are you going?" "Right now, I'm going to go get coffee with a friend. Last I heard, they were here, so I think having someone to talk this through with who is on the outside may be good." Ryan nodded and gave me a light smile. "Well, just come back soon, it's already six at night, so don't be gone too long." I nodded and put my phone in my pocket, picking up my purse and heading out the door.

As I got into the elevator I dialed a number I hadn't dialed in a long time. "Hello?" His deep voice answered and I smiled to myself. "Whats up Mikey, haven't forgotten me, have you?" I heard a soft chuckle on the other side. "How could I forget you. You did break my guitar." He pointed out. I pouted and laughed despite myself. "It wasn't my fault, Bryan's the one that made sure I couldn't avoid tripping and knocking it over." I smiled to myself, allowing us to fall into comfortable silence. Mikey was a quiet guy, and most people had the opinion he was harsh, morbid, and a likely a druggie or a problem child because of his looks. Amusingly, he was the opposite. Mikey was a shy, sweet, smart guy who happened to be talented as well.

I know, it sounds like I'm into the guy, but I'm not. Mikey has been my friend almost as long as Bridget, and I loved him like I loved her. Mikey was in a relationship and had been for a while. Connor, his boyfriend, was a great guy too. He really understood that Mikey and I were close and was cool with it. I never would've picked Connor out of a crowd, but he was a great friend and I was glad I had met him. Did I mention Mikey bi? Guess that was kinda obvious. "Mikey, you guys still in Vegas?" "Yeah, Connor and I are watching crappy tv. He says hi and that he loves you." I laughed. "Well, tell him I say hi and that I love him too." I heard him tell Connor what I said and then laugh as Connor responded with a 'yes', that was very Napoleon Dynamite.

"I want to meet with you, if thats okay?" I heard mikey clear his throat. "Sure, where at?" "You know that cafe down on the corner a little bit before you get to the bar section?" Give me a break, I don't live in Vegas. I heard him laugh. "I'm pretty sure I know where your talking about, give me ten minutes?" I smiled to myself. "Sure, meet you there. Love ya." "Love you too." He answered, hanging up. I walked down to the cafe with five minuted to spare, taking a seat outside. I ordered two coffes and a chocolate chip muffin for me, as well as a piece of cheesecake for him. We all lived off coffee back when we hung out, so it was easy to know what he'd want at a cafe.

He walked up not too long after my order had been taken. I waved at him and he waved back, heading over to me. I stood to give him a hug, then threw my arms around his shoulder and led him to the table. Mikey was about Ryan's height, but with a more muscular build. He had longer black hair that reminded me a little of Pete's, especially the way it flopped into his right eye. Bridget and I used to tease him about how it was a pity he was so serious about Connor, because he could probably get any girl he wanted. We were really only joking about the first part. Mikey sat down across from me and raised an eyebrow. "I know, I'll get straight to the point." As I said, Mikey wasn't much of a talker, so I'd gotten to know what a lot of his gestures implied.

"I've had a little trouble with my relationship. Think you can help?" Mikey shrugged. "Well, I can tell you what I honestly think, if that's what you mean." I nodded and smiled. "Okay, so you already know all about my relationship. Well, one of them went off after a bad arguement with Jon and and got drunk, because he was afraid we were over. He ended up kissing someone else we know, who I think he likes. He's explained to me that he doesn't, and he definately seemed honest, but I don't really know what to do from here?" Mikey thought for a second and opened his mouth before closing it again as the waitress came over and gave us our things. After that, he opened his mouth again and actually spoke. "Well, if you've forgiven him, " he paused and I nodded, "then I think you should move past it. You've told me you really love this guy, and if you feel like you can forgive him already then I think you should just move past it completely. I smiled and nodded, taking a bite of my muffin.

"Yeah, thanks. So, how're things with Connor?" I wiggled my eyesbrows and he smiled. "Great, we're really enjoying ourselves. Did you know Connor is at the top of his class in law school?" I smiled. Connor was 22, and was going to Harvard Law School. Mikey was only 19, and was thinking of starting med school soon. We talked and ate for about an hour before deciding we should part ways. I gave him another hug before heading off to the hotel. I walked upstairs and smiled when I saw both Brendon and Ryan sitting in front of the tv. "Mind if I join you?" I asked with a smile and hopped over onto the couch as Brendon and Ryan made space between them.

I know I should be working on my other stories, but I really can't stay away from this one. Sorry. I'm still feeling a little sick and sluggish, so sorry of their are more mistakes than usual.



Sign up to rate and review this story