Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Keep Your Memories In The Back of My Mind

Chapter Ten

by GiveMeRevenge 1 review

dfkjghdfjkghsd

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Horror - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-03-13 - Updated: 2007-03-14 - 979 words

0Unrated
"Its Christmas morning!" Mikey jumped on the bed which woke me up. Gerard was still sleeping. He could sleep through world war two. I pushed Mikey off the bed.
"You go upstairs with everyone else. I still need more sleep."
"Okay." He smiled and kissed my cheek. All the boys but Gerard ran up the stairs. Presents were definitely waiting for them. I let my head fall back to the pillow. I turned and watched Gerard's chest rise and fall with every breath he took. He looked so peaceful and perfect. This is what Olivia gets to see all the time. She's the one who gets to kiss his lips everyday. She's the one he will always want. His eyes fluttered open. I just stared at the beautiful hazel colour they were.
"Whatcha doin?"
"Watching you sleep." He smiled. I felt awkward and looked away.
"Don't worry. Every time you stay over I watch you sleep too." I smiled and tried getting up. Gerard objected.
"No! you're comfy." He snuggled closer to me. I laughed and rested my head on his. I was suddenly exhausted and fell asleep. I woke up to giggles and aw's. I nudged Gerard's arm. He opened his eyes and seemed confused. We looked to the doorway to find everyone, including Donna and Donald.
"You two look so cute!" Donna clapped her hands together. I fell back into the pillow and groaned. Gerard smacked himself in the forehead while I crawled out of the bed and made my way to the bathroom. I tore apart the cabinets looking for Advil. I finally came across the bottle and took 2. I remembered my other pills and ran back into the room to grab my bag. I re-entered the bathroom and stared at the bottle I had stared at for the past year. It read Anti-Depressant. I didn't feel so alone. Gerard also had to stare at these kinds of bottles for just as long as I did. I took my daily dose and put them back in my bag. I walked up the stairs and to the kitchen. I got coffee and took a seat on the couch. Everyone was ripping apart paper and boxes and bags. I just sat there sipping my coffee. Suddenly boxes and bags were being thrown at me. I set my coffee down and attempted to catch them. A small one hit me in the head and a huge one hit my stomach.
"What the hell!?"
"You didn't think you'd leave this house without bunches of presents did you?" Donna sat next to me.
"What? You shouldn't have gotten me anything."
"You're part of our family Alaina. You deserve it." A tear dropped from my eye. I hugged Donna and ran to Donald and hugged him also. I felt wanted. Something that never happened in my family. Only by my dad. I started unwrapping the gifts. I got cd's, clothes, posters, bags, and everything you could imagine. I ran to my car eager to pull out the present I made for Donna and Donald and the card for Helen. I handed them the large present and they both unwrapped it.
"Oh my god. Its so beautiful." They both looked shocked at my gift. I painted them a picture of a family on Christmas. The family included everyone in the room with us. They both hugged me tightly and thanked me. I made my way to Helen and gave her the card I wrote.
"I know it doesn't seem like much, but every word I wrote is true."
"Words are worth more than any gift." She read the card carefully and hugged me. "Alaina, you have given me the best gift of all. Love." I hugged her back. She was right and she understood. My gift to her was love. She really was my own grandmother. I grew up with that woman and I loved her as my own family. I love all of them as my family and they all knew it. She pulled away from the hug and brought a box out of her pocket.
"This is for you. It was passed down through our family. It was meant to go to who ever married Gerard in the future. There's one for Mikey as well. And I want you to have it." She opened the box and revealed a small bracelet. It was silver and loose. It has diamonds all around it and engraved on the inside it said "Life". I examined it closely. I felt so special to wear something with so much meaning. I hugged her so tightly I though I was beginning to hurt her.
"Thank you so much Helen. Thank you." I cried slightly and she smiled. After all the crying and present opening we had breakfast and just rested around the house.

"Hey can I talk to you?" I looked up from where I was sitting to see Gerard hovered over me.
"Yeah." He grabbed my arm and pulled my outside on the porch. He pulled out a small present and handed it to me. I opened it and found a necklace inside. It was a silver outline of a bat and covered in diamonds. I examined it long enough to figure out they weren't fake diamonds. I was speechless. I just looked at him in disbelief. He grabbed my hands and looked at me seriously.
"You are my best friend ever, in the whole world! I would die without you Alaina Marie Beaton. This necklace is a symbol of our everlasting friendship. I love you Alaina." I lunged at him. Hugging him harder than I've ever hugged anyone. The gift was probably the best one I'd gotten all day.
"I love you too Gee." He rocked me back and forth. "More than you think..." I mumbled the last part. I assume he didn't hear me
Sign up to rate and review this story